Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 11:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Badvenom,
I'm sorry, I should have learned a long time ago to just ignore the ........, but why don't you post Gattrel's photos showing how wrong the roll-bar is? Then every one can see. Don't forget the grinding marks (Cleaned and prepped for sandblasting and then powder coating as requested by Gattrell.) Make sure you show the amazing photo's of how he was going to cut the frame too!

DV-Ed Combs or Double Venom. or......what have you?
Ps. Wonder where Jeff got a LOT of his information from to build CR's Cobras? (Celina is only about an hour from what used to Be Classics by Elite Inc. )

I tried...tell Jeff Hey for me

Last edited by Double Venom; 03-23-2013 at 11:37 AM..
Old 03-23-2013, 02:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

Badvenom, It sounds like your moniker is a fit. I don't think the forum is the place to badmouth someone at a personal level. To call a respected member here wierd and because of his health you are going to hold back the Badvenom spew- I find that to be a low blow. If you had some problem with custom parts you purchased then say that, I think we can all sympathize. But leave your personal attack out. Good luck with your build but I think it's safe to say you burnt your bridge here.

John
Old 11-15-2013, 04:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Keep all of us posted on your progress, please?
Old 05-19-2014, 08:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default update

Well, thanks to Jeff Nelson I have a car that is nearly finished. All that is left is some minor modifications that I wanted to do myself and have a local guy that I've known for many years do the interior. Jeff pulled the project together and saved a broken project that I would have just as much liked to have sold for parts in late 2012.

Anyway, I learned more about people and bad decisions that I learned about Cobras. I did get some helpful and useful information from this site. Despite opening up about the problems and admitting my ignorance, you can see some pretty incredibly harsh and unwelcomed comments. I pity those who've NEVER made a mistake in their in lives and don't have the spine to own up to it or the patience to allow others to do the right thing so I haven't posted in awhile.

Anyway, I'll get around to posting some pictures at some point when the car is closer to being finished but a least for now it is safe and sound in my garage where it belongs.

If ANYONE hears of Terry Gatrell going back into business do anything even remotely related to anything with wheels, I'd like to know about it. I know he's out there hiding somewhere and I'd like to speak to him if ever grows a set to take my call.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 95 EFI 5.0
Not Ranked     

I am happy that your journey is nearly completed.
I feel for you and what you had to go through. It probably would have given me a stroke.

I am trying to do the mechanicals of putting my kit together and then farm out the body/painting of the car... At the rate I am going I am a far ways off, but having kids takes away allot of time.

Can't wait for the pictures as they give me motivation.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classic, 351W
Not Ranked     

Not sure who this should be directed towards, Wsnake or badv, but thought you might be interested in my story?
Long story short, GLR, Terry GATRELL stole 28k from me, in return I got some emails lies and broken promises (2008ish) when GLR was supposedly purchasing CRII.
Five years later I reached out to DV to help me find a CRII completely built or a complete kit he could build for me? I was really looking for a completed cobra as all my numbers to build one more than stretching my budget especially considering what GATRELL had done to me.
Anyhow DV located several possible canadates and I flew out to MI to test drive one. It ended up not being the one for me but Ed and his wife drove 90 mins to pick me up another two hours to where the car was and then back to Grand Rapids airport free of charge. Since then he agreed to come out of retirement to build my Cobra. I have been to his home seen his shop and eaten at his dinner table. We have become true friends. There are many great people on the forum and in the industry. There bad ones too. Ed Combs (DV) is one of the good guys! Check out my build album on my profile page.