Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 11:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     
Default Have you been to DVSF?

I have some information I would like to share if anyone around here has been to a DVSF?
DV
Old 03-11-2013, 12:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: EM cobra, 450 inch sbc running a best ET of 9.14..so far..ALL MOTOR...approx 800 horse.............ERA with 482 FE..All Aluminum Engine
Send a message via Yahoo to Hotfingrs
Not Ranked     

There's still a few of us around DV.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:20 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Venom View Post
I have some information I would like to share if anyone around here has been to a DVSF?
DV
Ok, do tell.........

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 03-11-2013, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Default Ummm

Ed, do you mean ALL of them?

Jay

Run & Gun participant 1998-2005
Old 03-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Venom View Post
DV
Does having an original DVSF II baseball cap count ?
Old 03-12-2013, 01:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 514 ci
Not Ranked     

Hey Ed…..this is Gary Osborne and yep I was there from the very beginning.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wow,
I was just checking to see if there were still some of the originals here. Silly me! Good to hear from all of you too! And Gary, off course I remember you from the beginning.

What brings this up and most of the new guys have no idea, is the world wide attention and prayers you gave to my family concerning my daughter, Wendy when she was diagnosed with a massive brain tumor. "We" will never forget what all of you did for us!

Wendy has added years to her young life but it hasn't been easy. Months after the first operation to remove the tumor (only partial removal was possible.) a dark spot showed up on a following MRI. A second operation was scheduled to find what the new spot was. Turned out a blessing, if you could call it that. The original tumor, the part that was in-operable released itself from the brain stem and spinal cord only to move up and forward to fill the vacancy of where the original tumor had been. Her Neurosurgeon was now able to reach the 'majority' of the tumor and remove that.

Things were good as could be expected, she started running again, qualifying for the Boston Marathon- a life long dream of hers. She was back full time teaching the kids she loves, moved into her first home. John, Wendy's husband has been amazing, educating himself on Brain Tumors where he speaks directly and evenly to all of her Dr.'s. Every treatment, every medication, John spoke at their level knowing all promises to pitfalls to every possible path.

Roughly a month ago and MRI showed the tumor growing again. Additional surgery is the last resort and certainly not a viable option per her neurologists.

Options: A new drug treatment, AVISTAN along with Chemo and radiation. NONE of these treatments have cured this type of tumor, (Aggressive obviously) at this point. Very basically they have labeled it a grade 3 (out of 4) cancerous tumor.

All of Dr.'s from the Oncologist, to the Neurosurgeon have told her that if she decides to try other types of cures, test procedures, they will support any decision she makes.

Time for John to re-enter the picture. After untold hours of research John came up with a Dr. Brezinsky out of Houston Texas. All the family has researched Dr. 'B' from the time he graduated medical school in Poland to today. What he has been able to do, validate, prove, cure (NOT 100% by any means BUT he has had major success in all types of Cancer / Tumor treatments.) (You can do a very simple search for Dr. Brezinsky on google and even Netflix.) An absolute amazing story full of naysayers, (Medically) to survivors that have been 100% cured.

Wendy, with the full support of her family has decided to go to the Brezinsky Clinic in Houston.
We are getting finances in order along with all the arrangements that need to be made.

Paul Risch (Toypwr to you old guys) along with Jeff Ewalt from Houston have both offered to help in anyway they can. Wendy will have to stay in Houston with her support group for at least a month if not longer for treatment.

Right now everything is upbeat and praying for the best. With the amazing support that has come from our Cobra "family" in the past, I thought you should know.

If anyone has any information on Dr. Brezinsky or his clinic please don't be bash full and let me know.

Truly, yours
DV

Last edited by Double Venom; 03-12-2013 at 06:40 AM..
Old 03-12-2013, 05:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

DV,

Interesting reading on the DR. Hope everything comes out ok for her.

Last edited by tcrist; 03-12-2013 at 05:53 AM..
Old 03-12-2013, 11:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 514 ci
Not Ranked     

Ed….Sue and I retired recently (November) and are living in Houston. We moved here in 2004. If you need a place to stay, someone to talk to, a dinner companion or driver, or anything else for that matter, just let me know. I am humbly at your service. In the interim, we will pray for Wendy, John and all of you. I am not familiar with the doctor you mention but MD Anderson in Houston may well be the best cancer hospital in the country if not the world. Surely he is associated with MDA in some capacity.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gary,
I should have expected no less from you! If you would be so kind E-mail me your phone number. At least I will call you when we get to Houston AND I will certainly look up MD Anderson!
Ed
dv4477@gmail.com