Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Abandoned project price

Hello,
I'm new to the site, but I have always wanted to build a replica and have a chance to pick up an abandoned Classic Roadster project. The problem is that I have no idea what is a fair price. The owner says all the parts are there, he has the frame, motor, and most of the body assembled, but he burnt out at the interrior.

Is 15k a good price? I know I can buy a ff kit new for about 20, but I'd need a doner on top of that. I don't want to pass up a chance to save some $ and time, but I don't know if the risk is worth the reward.

Any thoughts, or things I should be on the lookout for would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith
Old 06-20-2013, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It would be very beneficial to post pictures. People get the brands confused all the time and buying one brand over another in your case could be a $10k mistake.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

It really depends on what parts are actually there and what shape it is in. But 15K seems quite high for the current economy. I know a guy that bought a couple of barely started complete kits for 8 1/2K each back when the economy was much better.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 427
Not Ranked     
Default Better Deal

Where are you located? I have a CR project for sale in NJ that includes a complete, fully assembled body and frame with all parts that came with the 3 stages of the CR kit. You would need to buy and install suspension, wheels and drivetrain and all other parts not included in the basic kit but all the hard work is done and it is already painted in 2 stage Chrome Yellow paint (Ford color). I haven't fixed a price on it yet but will be under $10k plus shipping. It includes a driveshaft for T5 to 8.8 Ford rear, assembly manual and MCO.
There is no rollbar installed so if your state requires one you will need to purchase and install one.
Bien Hoa 1968
Old 06-21-2013, 08:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Keith,
You should take Wayne up on this offer.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks,

Here are the pictures I have. I'm in Michigan so NJ is a drive, but not impossible. I guess it would depend on how much money and trouble arranging shipping would be. If you like you can e-mail me at "k 0 n e i l l 1 2 3 . y a h o o . c o m" (no spaces and change the 0 to an o) and maybe we can work something out.

Thanks again,
Keith
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2013, 12:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 427
Not Ranked     

Keith,
You want to run that email address by me one more time.
Wayne
Bien Hoa 1968
Old 06-21-2013, 06:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Looks like I screwed it up. I've sent you a message.