Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By capteddie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 06:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 427 CRII SB Ford stroked 408
Not Ranked     
Default Parts for 427 CRII

I have a question for all you that (like myself) have a 427 CRII. Where do you go to find parts say a pass side roll bar. Went to the web site got the number and called. Spoke to someone in Canada no help. Will other manufactures (FFR, Superformance and so on) work, or do I have to have it custom made. Any info would be helpful. Bryan
Old 10-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

DV was making them at one time. Maybe he still does and will chime in the next time he logs on.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Terry,
Thank you.
BA0073,

NO, NO, & NO. NONE of the other manufacturers have a bar that will work in a CR's of any model. CR or CRII, makes -0- difference. 'They' don't mount the same. the configurations aren't even close.

And I am truly sorry, I sold my Bender when after a few dozen or so were made and shipped, for what ever reasons, my bars were not coming out as I thought they should have been. You need to find someone familiar with roll cages and or Cobra hoops. The Cobra bar is a max. of 2"s in diameter or a nominal diameter of 1-7/8's. They will need roughly 18' of DOM steel (A must to make a legal NHRA or SCCA roll bar) for a CR. A Die of 6" diameter and a serious and quality bender. 18' will make the hoop with the 6" diameter bend and enough steel to make the down leg.

First question after determining your builder is qualified is to ask him if they have the proper DIE? IF they have to purchase a new set, I'm sure they know that they are looking at a hard core investment right off the bat of over $600.00.

Good luck to you..
Old 10-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Any good tubing bender can make the roll bar. Take yours out and have them bend one up. The only difference is what side/angle you weld the short down tube on and then the bend in the long down tube.

They might even be able to make the two tube plugs and weld it up for you. Again the word MIGHT!!

Don't know what you are going to do for another attachment for the long down tube to the frame. The stock CR one was pretty flimsy.

Remember, these roll bars for the CR (as for most of the kit manufacture roll bars) were made for looks only.

Last edited by tcrist; 10-11-2013 at 08:06 AM..
Old 10-11-2013, 05:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 427 CRII SB Ford stroked 408
Not Ranked     

Thank you for the info. As I looked at my car closer I realized they were not for safety but for appearance. I wanted to put it on the track (in time)but It was mostly for a second roll hoop for my wife or kids who ride with me. I will look into someone with a tube bender that would bend this. Love my car just wish there were parts out there to buy for it.
Thank you again,
Bryan
Old 10-11-2013, 08:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good luck on your search.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII 351W/408 Stroker
Send a message via AIM to capteddie
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Venom View Post

I sold my Bender
Sold "your" bender LOL
Old 10-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Capteddie,

I believe all of the issues between you and DV can and has been said on another thread. If you do not have anything to say to help the OP then why post on this thread.

Last edited by tcrist; 10-15-2013 at 04:13 PM..
Old 10-16-2013, 04:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrist View Post
Capteddie,

I believe all of the issues between you and DV can and has been said on another thread. If you do not have anything to say to help the OP then why post on this thread.
Well Terry. Because it's America and like many others (DV included) I've served this country to protect things like free speech. With regards to the OP, I apologize and will just go back to my corner and continue to be amazed by DVs stories of greatness and wisdom...

-ed
starwolf56 likes this.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So you are just going to post on any thread that DV has posted on and write something smart ass against him even if it has nothing to do with what the thread is about.

Ok, I think that I understand.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2007 BDR FR Boss 302
Not Ranked     

And the beat goes on.... Wasn't that a Sonny and Cher song?
Old 10-16-2013, 06:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     
Default My take

I'll tell you what, I have been on this forum for almost 14 years and so has DV. Over time you get a sense of what people are like. My take on DV is that he is the most gracious person on this forum. He is all about helping and doing for others. In my book there is not much more that you can ask from a person. Is DV 100% perfect? No. When we are all 100% perfect then we can expect him to be.

Just sayin

Ed

________

Last edited by CobraEd; 10-16-2013 at 11:36 AM..
Old 10-16-2013, 08:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrist View Post
So you are just going to post on any thread that DV has posted on and write something smart ass against him even if it has nothing to do with what the thread is about.

Ok, I think that I understand.
As far as I can tell. Not counting earlier today. My last post regarding anything involving DV was 08-07-2011, 10:01 AM

So you all can calm down and go have a big DV love fest...

-ed
Old 10-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That is the whole point Ed. In over two years you wait until now and post something smart assed.

Also, I think that you are missing my point. It is not just about DV and your issues with him. I don't like bullies and I would have said the same thing to someone else if they would have written something about you in that manner.

Hay, I have done the same thing. I let my fingers do the talking before engaging my brain. Maybe I did it again, who knows.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

Agree to disagree fellas. Don't let this get ugly. You all still have my respect at this time.

John
Old 10-17-2013, 04:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Wow, I wondered why the post kept growing. I'm a big boy, not as big as Cpteddie, big guy but just the same. Cpteddie, exactly, some served in Germany, some in Viet Nam, hell some in Alaska! (Believe it or not, all being the same I would take Viet Nam over Alaska any time!)

But "my" stories of greatness and wisdom!? Gimme a break please. OK, since my stroke maybe, hell not maybe, I have mixed up a lot of things. Hope fully not anything critical.

Cpteddie, I knew you were disappointed when I couldn't modify the car anymore for your size, the gas tank that was leaking, and it was-after someone put a different pump in place, but putting that aside if you have anything you want or think you should have said to me simply send me a PM. You know I will answer it.

And for posterity sake I didn't think anyone around here didn't know you purchased said Bender! IN exchange I made you a special custom 4-point true SCCA/NHRA real roll bar for it.

AND BAOO73, the CR bars are only a few of the Cobra Bars 3 or 4 point that ARE capable of being real certified bars! All your bender guy has to use is DOM steel 1-7/8's AND changed the mounting point on the down leg(s). Although I have seen my share of CR's on their tops, I have NEVER seen one of their roll bars fail!

Last edited by Double Venom; 10-17-2013 at 04:31 PM..
Old 10-18-2013, 04:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, that being said, I have decided that there is too much crap and bickering on this forum. It used to be more fun around here.

I am over and out.