Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 10:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     
Default This is becoming tedious! Starting fresh- LOOKING for a CR KIT

I wont go into it, but if you or someone you know has contacted me or Steve about selling a CR kit, partially built OK and haven't heard from either of us, please Call me at 231-869-4608 or simply let me know here with a phone number. But, if your NOT ready to sell, if your wife says no, any of your kids say they don't want you to sell, by all means please back away.

As far as we're concerned this does NOT mean we are willing to pay any price 'cause it ain't going to happen. Fair price for what you have, cash in hand!

DV
Old 10-28-2013, 11:19 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Venom View Post
I wont go into it, but if you or someone you know has contacted me or Steve about selling a CR kit, partially built OK and haven't heard from either of us, please Call me at 231-869-4608 or simply let me know here with a phone number. But, if your NOT ready to sell, if your wife says no, any of your kids say they don't want you to sell, by all means please back away.

As far as we're concerned this does NOT mean we are willing to pay any price 'cause it ain't going to happen. Fair price for what you have, cash in hand!

DV
Sounds like you have cabin fever already and you are not even snowed in yet.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 10-29-2013, 03:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bill.
You quack me up! Always count on a you to to see the light!
AND, we did have flurry's Oct. 15 ! (This is why if he goes with a kit I want it to be here before the delivery truck can't get in here!)
Old 10-29-2013, 06:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR SLC, Graziano 6-spd, LS3
Not Ranked     

Sounds like the buyer needs to either lower his expectations or increase his budget. Just saying...

Pete
Old 10-29-2013, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

PSB
You & Wrecker boy buds?

Lets see, Three different purchases all of which finalized when each sellerbacked out. NOT over money but because of family.

This week, 'the buyer' found an UN-assembled CR kit, a price was reached shipping arrangements being made half way across the country, when the Owner/seller called the BUYER and told him SORRY, he just sold the kit to a friend that day. End of that 'buy'.

Expectations: Buyer-no higher expectations than anyone else buying a dream of a life time!
Buyer: Budget - not one deal has fallen through because of monetary reasons.

Doesn't sound like, monetary or to high of expectations to me....Just sayin'

DV
SteveCarey likes this.

Last edited by Double Venom; 11-01-2013 at 08:36 AM..
Old 11-01-2013, 03:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 302
Not Ranked     

Have him call me when he's ready to make a purchase.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jc,
I've passed all information forward....
DV
Old 11-03-2013, 12:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Decisions, decisions, decisions.....? I never knew how impatient I could be! And it isn't even my Cobra!
Old 11-03-2013, 08:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster; 351W
Not Ranked     

How about a classic roadster Austin Healey?
Old 11-04-2013, 02:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Curt,
In a topic about COBRAS? Really!
How ever he "might" fit in one of those easier, you suggest it, NOT me!
Old 11-05-2013, 09:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks for Cobra Help

DV/All

I'm lucky enough to have a early Classic Roaster Cobra and live summers just a few miles for DV. I'm all settled in for a nice warm winter here in Florida with my Cobra back in Michigan. Just wanted to give a big thanks to DV for all his help last summer. We (mostly DV) resolved a big list of issues with the Cobra that were nagging at me. Also I didn't get back with you but wanted you to know that adding a engine to frame ground fixed the electrical issues I was having just like you said it would.

I live fairly close to a to a custom car dealer here in Venice Florida. I will check in with them - Ideal Classic Cars and get them looking for a CR. They have a big buying/selling custom car base but not real experienced with Cobras as they didn't know about CR.

Rick Neilsen
Old 11-05-2013, 09:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

For those that don't know, Rick owns what could be considered a true Historic CR's Cobra. Rare, [Rutherford-CR's] build and a very nice, albeit stock CR.

Hopefully by the time you get back to the Wilds of the North I will be half way or more through a new build. Not sure, but I think it will have Fords new 351/427 C.I. motor hooked up to a TKO and finishing out through a custom made 9"! OR, maybe a twin Turbo'd V-6! Should be a pretty awesome little beast! My only plans pertaining to CC posts will be just to let everyone know where we are at. I have no intention of driving the board nuts again with a redundant "How to" build of a Cobra!*

DV
* This one may be a big surprise to everyone, including my self! Time will tell....

Last edited by Double Venom; 11-05-2013 at 11:23 AM..
Old 11-05-2013, 08:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

DV and Rick,
My CR predates the CRII. First titled in 1996. I purchased as the third owner in 2006. I was told by the seller the car originated in Georgia, I purchased it in Nevada. When did CR's hit the market?

John
Old 11-05-2013, 09:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pre 1987 I am totally ignorant on! I've often wondered where Rutherford got started, how he got started, etc. All the information I was able to gleam about Rutherford was hear-say. Supposedly he was making some kind of "kit" or "kits" and thought the right car in the right way he could find a market for it. Lot of holes filled in, and the CR, LTD. was born.

Pre Dated "CR II", hell I pre-date CR II!

There was an authorized CR dealer/builder in the mid 90's. Name ? YORK ???, I think his first name was John if memory serves. Masnaka, maybe your Cobra came from him?

Last edited by Double Venom; 11-05-2013 at 09:33 PM..
Old 11-06-2013, 05:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Exact 427 Carbon Car
Not Ranked     

I believe you are looking for John York. Great guy. I bought 2 crate engines from him that I put in mine and a friends Exact Carbon Car.
If interested in contacting him he can be reached here.
York Sports Cars - Cobra and Kit Car Assembly and manufacturer of the York Powerhouse Engines and Transmissions
Later,
Richard
Old 11-06-2013, 10:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yep, that be John alright! Lost touch with him after I closed my shop in '97. Nice to see he is still (?) building/selling.
DV
Old 11-08-2013, 08:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic 427, I purchased it May 2005, the kit was bought in 1991. I'm not sure when it was completed! Installed GMPP Connect & Cruise 376/525 with T-56 S/M 3.55 gears about 2 years ago! 1/4 miles is with old setup!
Not Ranked     

If you are not ready to buy/sell shut up and sit down! No window shopping or attempts to inflate or more likely deflate your ego by seeing what someone will offer when you don't really want to sell!

On a more positive note, thanks to Club Cobra I sold my GMPP 572/620 though I had never listed it for sale! His search found an old post I had made here saying I had one sitting in the garage! Fair price and good sale for both of us. Very nice young guy from Tulsa OK. The sad part is it will never see much over 100 mph! BUT then again that's pretty fast on the water! Mine and a twin are going into a 38' Cigarette boat.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

The Sunman Cobra has been sold to a gentleman named BucketEd for the full price of $20,000. Contrary to earlier posts no deal was reached and no shipping arrangements were being made. After saying $20,000 FIRM I was offered only $15,000 minus motor. Understanding that I had the car almost sold BucketEd crowbared his wallet open and bought car back. This kit has lots of extras. He is the third and now fifth owner of this kit. I was the first and fourth owner. This is a classic case of "MONEY TALKS BS WALKS". $1000 of the cash goes straight to the "Patient Access Network Foundation" who pay for medicine for people who can't afford it "Shut up and sit down". Really? Peace and love right back at you. I put $500 down in August 1992 to start this project. Selling this car is a solid deathkick to the balls. In pain I limp away, Sunman.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sunman,
If this post is referring to one of my posts about buying a CR kit I assure you it did NOT involve your car or deal! Not reaching an agreement is one thing but absolutely backing out is quite a different matter! But that aside, Congratulations on selling your kit! I also kind of think that the particular post you are referring to was kind of brutal too!

HOWEVER: A decision has been made! I for one can certainly take A deep breath and exhale. Thanks for everyone's input, A SPECIAL ORDERED "KIT'' WITH AN AWESOME DRIVETRAIN IS NOW IN THE WORKS! Anyone backs out
now there is no whining aloud!

DV
Old 11-10-2013, 09:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic 427, I purchased it May 2005, the kit was bought in 1991. I'm not sure when it was completed! Installed GMPP Connect & Cruise 376/525 with T-56 S/M 3.55 gears about 2 years ago! 1/4 miles is with old setup!
Not Ranked     

Sorry Sunman, my comment was meant to be “General” in nature and not directed at any one person or deal. The fact is I knew nothing about your deal! But I think we have all had cases where a seller was just fishing or a buyer could not/would not pay a fair price! Sticking to your stated “FIRM” price is just what I would do!

As I stated I had NOT offered my 572 for sale, so it was pretty much open ground. I also had not done any prep for a sale so there were a few issues we had to resolve. I think we were both honest and fair, and we both walk away happy! THAT does not always happen! I just don’t like people wasting my time or insult my intelligence.