Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     
Default Miss D.V.

I have posted this on the front page, but in case you miss it:

I have been trying for months to put this to Club Cobra without success. Then as of last week I knew I had to get to the heart of it all. For those that don't know me or the family that well Wendy is my Daughter. Wendy was diagnosed with a brain tumor during the last Fling.

What I have called family for years is All of you, all of us Cobra owners/builders. When Wendy was first diagnosed the Cobra family took it upon them self's to support, donate and pray for us. Five years later, being an avid 'runner' since elementary school, Wendy called me busting ear to ear, she had finally gotten the chance to go back into training for a marathon she had wanted to run since middle School. All that training and running for years -all those miles- paid off. Wendy was accepted and qualified to run The Boston Marathon!

More training, more running, right up to December of last year. MRI's, more CAT scans and... the Tumor had become active once again.

God love this family of ours. At this point I am going to take the liberty of borrowing RN Carie's fabulous and most comforting words..

2014 Breakthrough for Brain Tumors Columbus 5K Run and Walk: Carie Thompson - American Brain Tumor Association

Carie Thompson's Story About Wendy

I am participating and fundraising in memory of an amazing woman who crossed my path just a few short months ago in August 2013. I had the privilege of getting to know Wendy when I became one of her many nurses. August 24, 2013. Wendy was diagnosed with an Anaplastic Astrocytoma in 2004. After countless surgeries and courageously fighting, Wendy's battle ended in December 2013. She, in our regards, won the war, as she touched countless lives, including my own. I have never met a stronger woman, or more wonderful family. Wendy was in the hospital for nearly four months straight, and Wendy, nor her family, ever lost hope or good spirit. The love John and Wendy shared was like a fairytale. I have never seen such a strong love between two people. Many times as Wendy lied in pain in her hospital bed, she expressed her concern for her husband and always said she would be fine as long as he was okay. Wendy's husband, John, expressed the importance of fundraising in lieu of flowers, and as a woman who loved to run, what better way to remember Wendy than participating in this 5K.

That is all I have folks. Thank you and may God bless.
DV Miss Wendy, 9-11-74 / 12/27/13 RIPWG
Old 12-30-2013, 11:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: EM cobra, 450 inch sbc running a best ET of 9.14..so far..ALL MOTOR...approx 800 horse.............ERA with 482 FE..All Aluminum Engine
Send a message via Yahoo to Hotfingrs
Not Ranked     

Ed,

So sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers for your family and Wendy's husband. It's been a hard eight or nine years, but now she is at peace. God Bless.

Jack
Old 12-31-2013, 01:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Ed,

This is so sad but at least she got to realize one of her dreams of running in the Boston Marathon. Prayers for all of you and she is at peace now.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 12-31-2013, 01:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

DV,

My condolences for your loss, and your family's loss. Your daughter sounds very courageous and is an inspiration to us all. You and your wife have done well to have raised such a wonderful daughter. We are all here for you. Feel free to reach out when ever you need it.

Jim
Old 12-31-2013, 04:59 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

Ed and family,

Our good thoughts for all of you!

Kay & I remember her squeezing into the trailer to extract the GT40 for an early Fling - probably the second one. She was the only one who would fit!

Happy memories to you-all after the sadness wears off,

Tom
Old 12-31-2013, 05:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classic, 351W
Not Ranked     

Ed & Diane, my heartfelt sympathy goes out to you both. No parent should have to lay one of their children to rest. I can't even imagine what you're going through...
Try to take comfort in her spirit and celebrate her life.
Steve
Old 12-31-2013, 11:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ed and Diane,

Lori and I send our sincerest condolences.

Jeff and Lori Ewalt
Old 12-31-2013, 12:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR, Stroked small block
Not Ranked     

My prays are with you and your family. The next time I go running I will think of her. I have been in your shoes and know what you are experiencing. The ups and downs. The pain and the love many people will give you. We could not have gotten through the loss of our son without the love and grace of God.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 95 EFI 5.0
Not Ranked     

Ed, I send my condolences for your dear daughter Wendy.
I read your earlier posts regarding her condition and always hoped the best for her. May she rest in peace.

Last edited by Wisconsin_Snake; 01-03-2014 at 08:05 PM..
Old 01-02-2014, 06:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC/331/5 forward
Not Ranked     

Ed and family, it's impossible to put into words the level of love and support you all deserve for having made her life here so very wonderful - and returned to you by her.

Godspeed, Wendy. You will forever be missed.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

DV,
The story of your daughter and her struggles is very touching. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Stay strong.

John
Old 01-07-2014, 08:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

CC members and you too.
It's over..of course it will never be over, but the DV family thanks you for all your help and prayers. May none of you ever have to have this experience.

God Bless
DV