Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 01:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII with a Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     
Default classic roadsters

Due to a severe almost life taking motorcycle accident I haven't been on here in over 2 years.

Has classic roadsters been reopened? I stumbled across a website that had a 2013 date on it.

I still have my CRII.. All completed. She's been in storage in my car trailer for quite some time. But I think its time to fire her a$$ up now that I am walking again.

Mike
Old 04-17-2014, 09:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

Wow! Mike is back. I thought you walked off the end of the earth...not really. I have not heard anything regarding CRII reopening. Just beware of posers who want yer $$.

Good to have you back.

John
Old 04-17-2014, 09:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

No, they're not back.

BTW, your avatar looks scary. Is that yours?
NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
www.RacingtheExocet.com
BDR #1642 - Supercharged Coyote, 6 speed Auto
Old 04-18-2014, 05:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of Long Live the Bow tie Contemporary #102 427 Chevy .30 over Merlin heads 11to1, TBI injection
Not Ranked     

Just a question. Were the cars made by Maine-ly Classic the same car as the Classic Roadster?
Old 04-18-2014, 07:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Emerson MotorSports 4.6l, VCP stack injection
Not Ranked     

Might give Bill Emerson a call and see if he can help you. 530-222-2063. He's in Redding Ca.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

YES!

Tony. the owner of Mainly Classics thought it was 'legally' safe to continue the CR line. Myself and four others, including Tommy Beroth were to be the builders, distributor's.

Even though "we" all thought Gary Rutheford, the original CR's owner was done, kaput, gone, out of sight, he wasn't! He came back after Tony with a vengeance! Tony may not have been poor, but his pockets couldn't compete with Rutheford's! And all of us, especially myself new that Tony had crossed the legal line and for him to win a court Battle against Rutherford would have been a 0 to1 chance of winning!

Damn, I do wish Tony could have continued. It only got 100% better, instantly, and immediately under the "Mainly Classics" umbrella.

There you have it, another 2-cents from
DV
Old 04-19-2014, 06:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 302 5 spd
Not Ranked     

Hi DV. I have wanted a Cobra since I set in a 66 at Sullivan Ford in Bangor Maine in 66. I purchased a Classic Roadster last year and have enjoyed learning about the history of the company through your posts. It has been a disappointment that the company is out of business and parts are not available. Thanks for your posts and the info about the cars.
Bob from Maine
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2014, 06:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Bob,

You certainly humble me. Thank you for the kind thoughts. Grudgingly I have moved on. I, with another looked for weeks this summer for a an unfinished CR, only to be foiled and foiled. 'He' finally settled on a LS. Nice cars but no where near what CR was. Actually building two of LS's Cobras right now, both with Fords new 351-stroker/427. Makes me happy Especially the one with Dual custom built and matched Holley's!

If I can do anything to help, don't hesitate to ask!
DV
Old 05-15-2014, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

I just got off the phone ((701) 566-1938) with the supposed current owners of Classic Roadsters II. In simple terms the Web site is still up, but hasn't been updated in some time. They tell me it's there in case some owners need help in tracking down parts but, based upon our discussion, it sounds like they have virtually nothing. They're not active, nor do they have any inventory, though it sounds like they may have body moulds and some jigs - but no guarantees on that.

Seems they were operating for a short while from Warman, Saskatchewan but ran into financial difficulties. Since then they've been focusing on their trucking business - that's what they told me.

Based upon some Web surfing I did a few months ago they had been looking for investors and, based upon our discussion today it sounds like they're still looking. I can't say I got a warm fuzzy feeling about their ability to manage such a business from our brief conversation but, to be fair, it was brief.

Just my $0.02.