Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2015, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic 427, I purchased it May 2005, the kit was bought in 1991. I'm not sure when it was completed! Installed GMPP Connect & Cruise 376/525 with T-56 S/M 3.55 gears about 2 years ago! 1/4 miles is with old setup!
Not Ranked     
Default Any Info (Speedhut Gauges)

I'm still looking for new gauges. Anyone know anything about Speedhut? They look and sound pretty good.

About Our Cobra Gauges

thanks,

Al
Old 01-29-2015, 06:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

I bought a set for another project I'm working on. I haven't seen them in operation yet, but they appear to be very good quality out of the box. I particularly liked the option of programming a warning light for each gauge at whatever reading I wished.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor
Old 01-29-2015, 06:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, '97 5.0L
Not Ranked     

I bought a set for our CR. I haven't installed them yet, but they look great. The kit seems to be very complete with wiring, sensors, etc. I liked some of the extra features that they offered like the GPS speedo (with multiple functions such as 0-60 time, 1/4 mile time, etc on the digital display) and tach with max rpm memory. We also liked that they were customizable, so you can have the original Cobra style but suited to your own tastes.

They may seem a little more expensive than some others at first, but when you figure in the speedo cable, reverse drive unit, and speedo drive gear cost savings (none of which are needed with the GPS speedo), it comes out to be about a wash.
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2015, 06:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic 427, I purchased it May 2005, the kit was bought in 1991. I'm not sure when it was completed! Installed GMPP Connect & Cruise 376/525 with T-56 S/M 3.55 gears about 2 years ago! 1/4 miles is with old setup!
Not Ranked     

Thanks Tommy, I'm looking pretty hard at them. I'm looking at the 7 gauge set and a NOS pressure gauge!

Al
Old 01-29-2015, 06:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks SGR, they look good. Are they the standard chrome bezel? I was thinking about the Cobra Logo on the tach & Speedo. I'll be very interested in how you like the GPS speedo. I have a few seconds MPH lag time with my stand alone GPS, don't know if I would like that on a speedo??

Al
Old 01-29-2015, 06:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, '97 5.0L
Not Ranked     

Once I get the car on the road, I can let you know, but that is a few months off.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm not ready for gauges yet but hopefully not to far off. SGR your sure right about GPS saving time and money! Mount it and the antenna power it up and done! They say it will start reading in like 3 seconds after power up! I might give them a call before I decide.

Al
Old 01-29-2015, 06:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, 347 webers
Not Ranked     

I have had a set of their gauges in the car since 2009. I really Iike them, for many different reasons. Made in USA, shallow gauge depth, accuracy, ability to customize the gauges, lifetime warranty, and you will be challenged to find customer service at the superior level they give.

I will buy their gauges again in a heartbeat.

Derald.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #168 427W 66+K miles and counting
Not Ranked     

What Derald said. I've had mine (via Tom Kirkham) for a few years now and like them very much. Coming up on 20k miles now, no problems.

Cheers

"If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt"
Old 01-29-2015, 08:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wow you guys are making this pretty easy! Now it's just GPS or not!

Al
Old 01-29-2015, 09:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR Cobra 3169
Not Ranked     

I bought a full set. They were a real pain to tighten and undoing the huge nut that hold them on. The treads were binding like mad. I had to use a chain vise grip to try and remove the nut. There should some sort of a key to stop the gauges from turning. I was going to drill 2 holes in the back of the gauge and make up a bar with 2 pins to stop it rotating. I eventually had to use a thread file and silicone on the treads to make it turn freely. Wasn't happy at all.
Besides all that. I really like the look, and I got the cobra logo in the central gauge only [ didn't want to over do it] The lighting is nice with the fader.
JD
Old 01-30-2015, 09:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports
Not Ranked     

We really like them for the same reasons mentioned above. as far as the lag time it isn't that bad once the speedometer gets power and if it can't get a signal. it's really pretty good.
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2015, 12:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham Motorsports, with a prototype wet sleeve billet aluminum engine block that I made
Not Ranked     

We use them in our cars.
They make good products, and if ever there is a issue they are always willing to help resolve the problem.

Sandwich (From Kirkham Motorsports)
Old 01-30-2015, 01:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I ordered and instaled these in my FFR MK4. REALLY like them! Highly recommend them.
Legacy Cobra 427 Gauge Kit (4inch 180 mph Speedo, tach with shift, 2inch water, oil, volts, fuel lev, oil temp)
Part #-GLS-COBRAKIT-06
• Black dial // White font(Reverse Cobalt Blue Glow)
• Font Style = Century
• Graphics = NONE
• Logo= Cobra Snake, only on Speedo and Tach (+ $10)
• Pointer = Red (Glows Red)
• Bezel = Legacy Classic Chrome
• delete the word "Legacy" (+ $25)
• GPS Speedo upgrade (+ $55)

What Speedhut Guages did you order?
Old 02-12-2015, 06:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster, 302, roller cam, Holley 650
Not Ranked     

I apologize for being late on Speedhut gauges. I have used them for 2 years and they are great. The lighting is fantastic (much better than bulb lighting). I absolutely recommend them.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MkIII IRS
Not Ranked     

The gauges are great, but their service is even better!!!! I have personal experience with them helping me more than once, and on the "other forum", there are lots of examples of the same thing. They are just a very good company to work with. One of those which stood out during my build experience.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile

I installed Speedhut gauges in a FFR for a friend. First time to deal with Speedhut. Very easy to wire.

Dwight
Old 09-01-2015, 08:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have not had a chance to be on much in a while, I did buy the Speedhut gauges!
I went with Cobra style; 200 mph GPS speedo with turn and bright indicators, 8k tach with shift light *Cobra logo on both. Fuel, fuel pressure, temp, oil, volts and NOS pressure. I also got an electric NOS bottle opener!

They do look NICE, thanks for all the info!

Last edited by Lightingrod; 09-01-2015 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: correct