Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2015, 08:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     
Default Seriously- & Important

Desperately trying to get CR back and back to one of the best.
So you all know, all the Frame Jigs and JIGS for the individual steel pieces have been CUT UP AND SOLD AS SCRAP! 😠

What I am looking for is a FULL Phase 1 package to use to update & make new frames.

I am certainly willing to pay some kind of lease until I can return the parts, "undamaged".
.Or if anyone has a complete kit and they're not going to build for a few months that would work just as well!

I fully expect to pay for all shipping to and from.

This is the only way the quality Cobra we all love can make it back.
starwolf56 likes this.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 427
Not Ranked     

Hey Ed

Have you spoke with the guy in Canada here that has the body molds? Hes serious about getting this idea going as well and sounds like he is just about willing to do the same as you, in dire need of a frame to make up new frame jigs?
How about any frame drawings? are there any kicking around that give all the tubing and gusset sizes and placements? How about young Mr Scott does he have any of his dads old drawings? I would be more than willing to help out seeing as I have full access to Solidworks and NX10 CAD and CAM software. I would be able to take some dimensions off of mine and work with other people in order to draw up and design new welding Jig tables. I am a Machinist /Millwright by trade and have a lot of fabricating experience plus access to a car ?Just a thought ? maybe between a few of us we can make something happen? id be willing to donate my time and resources I have available to get something going.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, '97 5.0L
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra1966 View Post
Hey Ed

Have you spoke with the guy in Canada here that has the body molds? Hes serious about getting this idea going as well and sounds like he is just about willing to do the same as you, in dire need of a frame to make up new frame jigs?
How about any frame drawings? are there any kicking around that give all the tubing and gusset sizes and placements? How about young Mr Scott does he have any of his dads old drawings? I would be more than willing to help out seeing as I have full access to Solidworks and NX10 CAD and CAM software. I would be able to take some dimensions off of mine and work with other people in order to draw up and design new welding Jig tables. I am a Machinist /Millwright by trade and have a lot of fabricating experience plus access to a car ?Just a thought ? maybe between a few of us we can make something happen? id be willing to donate my time and resources I have available to get something going.
I may be able to help out with this as well. I am too far along to offer up my frame, but I can certainly help out with dimensions and drawings as needed. I am a mechanical engineer for a major OEM and also have access to a CR.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic, 347
Not Ranked     

Ditto what SGR said.... "I am a mechanical engineer for a major OEM and also have access to a CR".

MC
Old 12-02-2015, 11:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK THEN, IF someone is capable of coming up with true engineering drawings that would solve all the problems!

YES, I have exchanged numerous calls and messages to Ryan in Canada. He.May be a little.short on the CR story. But what he doesn't know minimal to what he does know. I look forward very much to help Ryan's goals for CR.

Long story of course but it HAS BEEN VERIFIED, "ALL the JIGS, and FRAMES have been DESTROYED, CUT UP AND SOLD FOR SCRAP! ��

The HOLDING Bank wasn't able to get an offer they would even cosider.

The ORIGINAL MOULDS & BUCKS for the body have survived, been repaired-remade and are ready to go ��!

Why after 37 plus years I am still nuts over this little car !! ??, ��

DV
Old 12-03-2015, 07:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 427
Not Ranked     

Why are we nuts for this little car??? silly question ...lol its the most fun you can legally have with your clothes on bottom line lol...

This all being said mine is currently parked for the long winter ahead and im going to start taking some sizing , photographs etc and start modeling the frame up in either solidworks or NX I will see what platform will work better. Maybe between all of us we can come up with something that will work well , im wondering if we need to start a place to dump pictures , drawings etc ? Any ideas?

My direct email is mikem2cnc@gmail.com

I have full access to a machine shop and fabricating facility with 25 cnc lathes and mills plus wire and sinker edm machines. Full 100 ton press and welding facility mig tig and stick. Im open to any and all ideas?
Old 12-04-2015, 08:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: canadian classic roadsters
Not Ranked     

right on guys.....hopefully I get the needed answers on the moulds that are ccurrently in my possession and under lock and key....keep your fingers crosses that the bank sees it my way.

I would love to see even pictures of the frame of the car. I have another mould for a cobra that's 97 inches wb and uses a complete fibreglass interior. if all else fails it will be used in place of the cr moulds that currently don't belong to the guy I got them from but belong to the bank in the usa..

I also have a mould for a Daytona that's 95 inch wb and I would like to adapt it for use on the same chassis.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

I got what you need, a complete UNASSEMBLED 1993 frame 1996 body kit. The frame is beautiful with all mig splatter removed and has been painted flame red. All the brackets and all the pieces are here. If this turns out to be real I could possibly maybe trailer frame and parts up for you to reverse engineer. Or you could visit me here in OKC. I'm taking a long vacation starting Jan 2016. This might be a case of very good timing. I've asked who is Bob W. and where are jigs and molds in previous threads. I was in the frame fab shop in Fargo in 1992 and I said it before "The jigs are not that complicated". I'd love to help. Wyatt
moore_rb likes this.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Guys,
Being serious, I know we have the talent to get this done ! I am also fully aware that getting True mechanical drawings done is a highly technical piece of work. I NOR Ryan certainly would not expect any of you pro's to do this for gratis!

IF anyone of you Pros are truly interested in doing this over the winter then we need to speak of a realistic price! If we are fortunate enough to have more than one volunteer, then for lack of a better way we'll probably go on a "bid" cost.

I Personally know of NO existing Cobra frames that are even close to a CR FRAME.
However, an original CR FRAME will work as well as a CR II FRAME. ANY changes from CR to CR II can easily be changed in-house.

On a business note all we would need is a notorized letter giving us COPYRIGHT PERMISSION.

Questions?: Right here on the board, PM, E-mail - DV4477@GMAIL.Com, or call me any day from 8AM/10PM EST.1-231-869-4608

PS. On Wyatts fantastic offer I would personally not be comfortable working on a beautifully painted frame. Scratching a stock frame is one thing............

Standing by..........
DV
Wodnas likes this.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Scratches are no problem

DV the frame is painted out of a krylon spray can. Scratches are no problem. In Jan I am taking a lot of time off to build the car. 6 months at least. Like I said this could be great timing. You are welcome to scratch the frame all you need to. I hope this works out. Wyatt. John, the man in Sunman, is 81 and has moved to Oregon to live with my sister. Love and miss him much.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra/427
Not Ranked     

Forgive my lack of knowledge for some acronyms but what does CR stands for?
Old 12-06-2015, 08:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

cool ride
Old 12-06-2015, 09:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic, 347
Not Ranked     

It would seem that Sunman's generous offer should be accepted. If we had original prints of the frame it would be more accurate to use the prints than using an actual frame, but since we are talking about measuring a frame to create the prints I'm thinking there is less error in using Sunman's frame to make the jigs.

Only con I can think of is not being able to measure multiple frames to try to verify, but we could still do this for dimensions deemed critical by the team if required.

MC
Old 12-06-2015, 10:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Just dreaming at this point
Not Ranked     

It might be quicker to find a company to 3D scan the frame. Prob can do it in less than a day and be a ton more accurate than trying to measure with tape measure. There are prob 10+ companies in Midwest that can easily do it
Old 12-06-2015, 11:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Great, that is what I thought. Get back with me.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hello sunman can you send me a message

anyways I have the CRII cobra molds in my possession and am working on sorting out ownership issues. the molds were in the possession of bob W. who said he owned them which I have found to not be true. the molds are located near regina sask Canada.
I plan to start back up limited production after I sort out a chassis and ownership of the molds.

the suspension will be updated etc.
the molds are currently in nice shape.
unfortunately the name of the company will change as bob W. has exclusive rights to CRII in Canada and im not paying royalties to someone who outright lied to me about the company
Old 12-06-2015, 07:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn_n_60_shelby View Post
hello sunman can you send me a message

anyways I have the CRII cobra molds in my possession and am working on sorting out ownership issues. the molds were in the possession of bob W. who said he owned them which I have found to not be true. the molds are located near regina sask Canada.
I plan to start back up limited production after I sort out a chassis and ownership of the molds.

the suspension will be updated etc.
the molds are currently in nice shape.
unfortunately the name of the company will change as bob W. has exclusive rights to CRII in Canada and im not paying royalties to someone who outright lied to me about the company
CRIII? CCR (Canadian Classic Roadsters)? DVD (Double Venom's Dream)?
Old 12-07-2015, 02:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I totally vote for "CCR" OR "CCR III", DV Wow! Your making me blush!

Besides, since "Bob" Company is no longer existent, if the name changed to simply "CR III" I don't think Bob would have a pound of sand to pound on.

Simple solution really....I would COPYRIGHT "CLASSIC ROADSTERS III IN THE U.S.. I'm positive Bob has no claim tO SOUTH OF THE BORDER! Then to maker it all legal I sell the new copyright to Wayne for a dollar.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

well not to be the bearer of bad news but classic roadsters II is officialy done.
the bank is coming for the moulds that were not the property of bob wrighston.
im out a bunch of money and CLASSIC ROADSTERS II IS OFFIICIALLY DEAD.

THANK YOU FOR THE OFFERS TO HELP BUILD A CHASSIS BUT IT WONT BE NEEDED.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn_n_60_shelby View Post
well not to be the bearer of bad news but classic roadsters II is officialy done.
the bank is coming for the moulds that were not the property of bob wrighston.
im out a bunch of money and CLASSIC ROADSTERS II IS OFFIICIALLY DEAD.

THANK YOU FOR THE OFFERS TO HELP BUILD A CHASSIS BUT IT WONT BE NEEDED.
If you've even pulled one body out of those moulds you can flash that and use it to make new moulds.