Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
View Poll Results: Are you interested/committed and how many.
I am committed to 1 roll bar hoop 0 0%
I am committed to 2 roll bar hoops (driver and passenger) 1 20.00%
I am interested at this point. 4 80.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2016, 08:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 95 EFI 5.0
Not Ranked     
Default Group Buy for Classic Roadsters Cobra rollbars

I am trying to organize a a group buy to get a couple roll bars made for the Classic Roadster cobra based of the following diagram.

Tubular Techniques has quoted $368 for the first roll bar and $265 for additional ones (for the entire group buy). --- So the more we order, we can drive that initial price down. Unless if I am wrong, this is "plus shipping" via UPS.

Note that as we build the number of people willing to participate. I am going to contact a couple of other places to see if we can get better pricing.

Please let me know if you are interested/committed and if you want one or two roll bar hoops.

Note that ends are to be left long for others to trim; no plates, nuts, or welding are included.

Thanks

Old 10-20-2016, 09:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra n Vettes, 1966 Cobray C-3 running gear, 355 SBC TH-400
Not Ranked     

I'm In!!!!! LDMOORE@COMCAST.NET 916-677-6621 - *Both driver & passenger roll bars
Old 10-20-2016, 09:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: dd cobra,351w mild cam
Not Ranked     

had two roll bars made at Cintube of Montreal, Quebec,Canada...made of .120 stainless steel and bend perfectly with no distortion...I had to buy a full length of tube so I had two made...two hoops and two braces and had them delivered to Fredericton,New Brunswick,Canada for 265.00 Canadian...yes 265.00...with the dollar it would be worth looking into...the first roll bar was around 200 and the second was just the time it took to make were I had already bought the tube...I fish mouthed the short tube myself and had a local guy stainless steel weld it on...PERFECT...had two made in case they didn't match the one already on the car...steve
Old 10-20-2016, 03:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks 133bus for the tip on Cintube of Montreal!
I myself would prefer stainless as it can be polished saving on chroming steel plus the price seems better!
I will contact them.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: dd cobra,351w mild cam
Not Ranked     

I went through Michelle Dion at Cintube a year and a half ago in Lachine Que...514-634-3592...mine was 1 1/2 tube...the only thing was they don't set up shipping for small orders so I contacted a shipper and had Cintube package them..put a photocopy of the shipping info and number on the package (they where more than happy to help me) and had the shipper pick it up...got it in two day no problem... steve
Old 10-21-2016, 01:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

How would people feel about getting Stainless steel instead???

I contacted a place locally to me.
If I am reading the quote correctly..

If we order stainless steel hoops (2 inch, .120 wall 304 Stainless steel #4 SPUN BRUSHED FINISH)
4 @ $350 each
5 @ $315 each
6 @ $293 each
+ Wisconsin state tax and shipping.

On the quote:
"NOTE WHEN BENDING STAINLESS THE MATL WILL SPRING WHICH AFFECTS THE 14" DIMENSION - COULD BE UP TO A 1/2" LARGER"

I have a couple questions to ask of him yet, mainly insuring that the fish mouth coupler is included and has the 2 semi circle cut into it. That will probably happen Monday.

Last edited by Wisconsin_Snake; 10-21-2016 at 03:04 PM..
Old 10-22-2016, 06:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1233-396C.I. Windsor
Not Ranked     

Wisconsin Snake and others- I run a fully equipped race car fabrication facility and could easily turn these out under $225.00 ea. less shipping. Material would be 1 3/4" x .120 dom bent on a 6" centerline radius to yield a bar 13 1/2" outside to outside. This would include tube coping and downtube. I am located in the Minneapolis-St Paul area and have serviced the racing industry since the mid 70's and Cobra service since 2002. Mike

Last edited by NRP/MN; 10-22-2016 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: crrected text
Old 10-22-2016, 05:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

So if I am reading it right it would be 14" above the body based on measurements? Would that be a stock height or one to clear helmets? What about hardtop clearance? Granted I am late to the party but in my digging through the forum didn't DV have a tubing bender? Would it not make sense to, if he was wiling make them as he is the resident expert? or NRP? Just asking I do not know.
P.S. I'd be interested in both, although I really hate the look. Just doesn't look right with two to me.

Last edited by 74proii; 10-22-2016 at 11:03 PM..
Old 10-26-2016, 07:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Everyone please send me a PM with your contact info so I reach out to you.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

74proii, 14 would be the outside radius of the half circle so it should be much higher I thinking. I am guessing 18 inches.