Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2017, 01:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 95 EFI 5.0
Not Ranked     
Exclamation 304 Stainless Steel Roll Bar Group Buy - taking orders now.

I have sourced a place (Sharpe Products) that will Classic Roadsters Cobra Roll bars for us out of 304 Stainless Steel 2"OD x.120 wall (#4 Spun Brush Finish).
Good possibility it will work on other Cobras besides Classic Roadsters.

It should not take too much work to be able to polish it up to a mirror finish from there.

*Note that ends are to be left long for others to trim; no plates, nuts, or welding is included.

Prices are:
For 4, $350.00 a piece (We are already at 4 right now!)
For 5, $315.00 a piece (So the price would now be this or lower )
For 6, $293.00 a piece.
Plus Wi. tax (5.5%) and shipping costs.

(I will take care of boxing and packaging.)

I am really hoping that we can got another person is buy one or two to drive the price down.

Would like to place the order in the next couple of weeks so let me know.
Send me a PM or txt me at 4one4-8five2-54eight7.

If you don't have a Roll Bar or a mild steel, it's a great chance to upgrade to Stainless Steel (It's .120 wall so it's thick) for not much money.

Here is the schematic of the roll bars..
Again, good possibility it will work on other Cobras besides Classic Roadsters and will be getting a stainless steel roll bar for the price of a mild steel dom one.

Last edited by Wisconsin_Snake; 03-10-2017 at 01:24 PM..
Old 03-11-2017, 05:00 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Per my text, I'm in for a single drivers side roll bar

Aaron
Old 03-20-2017, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters Chevy 350
Not Ranked     

My car currently only has the main hoop (2pt) and it's just for show (I didn't build the car, just trying to do things better this go around). Does anyone have experience adding the 3rd point to a car thats body is already finished? I feel like going to a 2 point that's at least attached the the frame would be an upgrade in safety. Thoughts?
Old 03-21-2017, 05:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I would say a 2 point is a upgrade from nothing.
A cosmetic bar (thin metal) to a .120 dom steel wall is a upgrade in safety. (.120 Stainless steal is much stronger than .120 dom steel).

Cutting the body to go to a 3 point bar is scarier than it is hard. Going from 2 point to 3 point mounting is much better as the bar will want to bend back if the car ever flips, that 3rd bar prevents that. Plus it looks much better.

But hay, the bars that we are getting do not have the 3 leg attached so you would be able to go the 2 point route and have the 3rd leg & the "down tube extension" for future upgradability. Or if you sell the car in the future, it gives the buyer that option, as for allot of people, just a 2 point bar would look awkward.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Fiberfab Classic Motor Cars, 428
Not Ranked     

I have an early production Classic Roadster. Not the extended body. Will these work on mine?
Old 03-23-2017, 08:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

They will work, but the question is do you need the hoop bent forward or straight up and down...
If you want give me a call and let's talk, maybe do some measurements.
I'd like to get this order made and we are looking for someone to purchase 1 or 2 hoops down to a sweet price point.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

An 'upgrade' to 304 stainless won't mean an increase in yield strength and UTS.
Mild steel tubing is normally around 350 MPa (50 000psi) yield and 550MPa (80 000psi) ultimate tensile strength.
304 stainless figures are around 220MPa (32 000psi) and UTS of 500MPA (73 000psi).
Go stainless if you want it for appearance, but I wouldn't change from mild steel for strength reasons (diameter and thickness being comparable, of course).

Cheers,
Glen
Old 04-11-2017, 05:22 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm interested in a driver's side but have some questions (I'm very new to Cobras).

Mine has the soft top hardware in the body, will the third leg mount inboard of those? And I have to make the mounting brackets that get welded to the tubes then bolt to the frame, correct?

I have a '91 build car, thanks.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by locknload223 View Post
I'm interested in a driver's side but have some questions (I'm very new to Cobras).

Mine has the soft top hardware in the body, will the third leg mount inboard of those? And I have to make the mounting brackets that get welded to the tubes then bolt to the frame, correct?

I have a '91 build car, thanks.
The specs are off of the original roll bar for the Classic Roadsters so the 3rd leg will reside inside the soft top (otherwise I, who also has a soft top will be very pissed) .
You are correct that you will have to make the mounting brackets. I will try to secure some additional 1-3/4 tube for that.

Sorry for the delay in responding, the ClubCobra site was down the last couple of days.

Wisconsin_Snake.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra/427
Not Ranked     

I would be interested to replace my West Coast Cobra full width roll bar for the exactly the same style, however, in stainless steel. I tried their site but it is not available, any info on this??
Old 04-24-2017, 06:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAsque1 View Post
I would be interested to replace my West Coast Cobra full width roll bar for the exactly the same style, however, in stainless steel. I tried their site but it is not available, any info on this??
I called and checked, their website is back up.