Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2017, 12:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Sure has a lot of aliases.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427, 5.0
Not Ranked     

I had spoken to him back when myself. He had quite a line of bull. I was tempted myself when he 1st posted to return a finished car. But as we spoke on the phone, I figured out that his stuffing was coming out as he really was a big As*h**le! Tried to tell me he had an engineering company perform a "bending deflection" on the loaded bare frame. I then was very glad I had not sent my car to him. I'm an engineer from the aer0space industry and know what kind of cost this represents! there is no way he went through this kind of cost. And as I explained what parts I had already gather for my project- he started to "1 up" anything I had planned as to what he was doing with his car. Sad- bet he has little hands too! LOL

PS- being married to an atty taught me a long time ago, not only do I not trust people, but there is little legal action that will really bring true satisfaction we would like to really punish scum bags!
Old 11-07-2017, 10:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Neutral     

You're not alone. I was taken for 10k in parts and money 10 years ago.

Just yesterday, I got in touch with him on Facebook and so far, he's working with me, so I hope you'll get in touch with Ryan as well !

My prayers are with you.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default Not answering my emails

Thanks Kevin. Hope you get your stuff settled.
Have a good remembrance day.
Perry.
dual 2" roll bars, warmed up 302, E Street aluminum Heads, Comp cam and roller rockers, AOD, 4.10 Eaton Possi, Power Baer/disc brakes, block hugger headers, 2 1/2" under car exhaust, F500 18" black spoke wheels.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We're working on it, he will be sending a monthly check and has a tote of some of my parts to send. My camcorder is long gone. We'll if he's honest or full of poo.

Last edited by FUNFER2; 12-29-2017 at 03:26 PM..
Old 11-09-2017, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     

I would say you are screwed. I learned that lesson back in 48 or so when my dad made a deposit on a Tucker. Lost it.

This is a civil matter and if you are so foolish as to confront and threaten the guy, a unfortunate situation could turn into a criminal matter with you in big trouble.

You can hire a lawyer and perhaps get a lien or a judgement but it is not likely you will get any money.

I really like replicas of the iconic cars of the past but every time I have one built, it is a risk. Like my lawyer says, often these are shoestring operations with one key individual and he can get sick or die, go broke or get divorced or run off with his girlfriend or boy friend.

So far, I have done my homework checking out the builders (turnkey) and have got my cars late but as ordered from Superformance and JPS.

Now, I buy existing cars with clear titles that I pay for when I take possession.

Last edited by Bartruff1; 11-09-2017 at 08:04 AM..
Old 11-09-2017, 10:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bartruff1,

Now, I buy existing cars with clear titles that I pay for when I take possession.

I learned that is the easiest way and causes less stress a long time ago after dealing with a local screw up builder.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 11-09-2017, 12:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
Bartruff1,

I learned that is the easiest way and causes less stress a long time ago after dealing with a local screw up builder.

Ron
Ron, I have been thru Shasta god knows how many times and I was amazed this summer when you said that it was a lousy driving season because the temps were near 100......isn't that very unusual ??

Were you impacted by the fires ??
Old 11-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

We set all kind of heat records this Summer. We had 73 straight days of over 100 and most of them were in the 115 range. But having temperatures of over 100 is normal for the Summer here. The hottest I can recall was 121 one day but they used to only last for a day or so and not for weeks. And now that Winter is here we are running about 4/8 degrees colder than normal. As for the fires, the worst was the smoke as we had days that you couldn't even tell where the sun was. The closest they got to my house was about 3/4ths of a mile and they burned several homes in that area.

Ron

Old 12-04-2017, 11:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic 427, I purchased it May 2005, the kit was bought in 1991. I'm not sure when it was completed! Installed GMPP Connect & Cruise 376/525 with T-56 S/M 3.55 gears about 2 years ago! 1/4 miles is with old setup!
Not Ranked     

Bottom line, People Suck!
Old 12-04-2017, 02:09 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Ryan?

Old 12-29-2017, 09:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 351W blueprinted
Not Ranked     

Ryan Martens has a long history of fraud and based on this article and his current dealings has never been caught.

I was only able to get my parts by harassing him on this site and others. Probably did not want anything posted that would prevent him from scamming others

Good Luck

https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports...s-j-mar-750402
Old 12-29-2017, 02:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This thread should be bumped to the top every time an unknown builder comes here and guys start asking questions because something doesn't smell right. In the past, members have been on the receiving end of some serious condemnation for calling out a new builder on things that just don't look quite right. This is a good example of what can happen when people stay quiet.
Ron61 likes this.
Old 12-29-2017, 03:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNFER2 View Post
We're working on it, he will be sending a monthly check and has a tote of some of my parts to send. My camcorder is long gone. We'll if he's honest or full of poo.
I received a few more parts, and he bought and sent me a new camcorder that is close to my original. I don't know why he took 10 years and me contacting him,....on Facebook to get my parts, since they were in a box together.

I feel lucky and blessed. I wish you the same !
Old 12-30-2017, 04:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I am glad to hear that you may finally be getting what you should have had long ago. I hope that everything will now turn out well for you. Good luck and hang in there.

Ron

Old 12-31-2017, 01:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: MidStates, 351C, 4spd, 9"
Send a message via AIM to krausewich
Not Ranked     

Quote:
This thread should be bumped to the top every time an unknown builder comes here and guys start asking questions because something doesn't smell right. In the past, members have been on the receiving end of some serious condemnation for calling out a new builder on things that just don't look quite right. This is a good example of what can happen when people stay quiet.
All of these stories, examples, and experiences should be posted in the CONSUMER WATCH section as a resource for all. It is pathetic that it happens, but we are stronger together. I was also on the condemned end of a transaction with a deadbeat vendor. Several who threw stones have since been ripped off themselves and may see thing a bit different now. Another member also was able to step up for me and help me get back what was lost. An action I will forever be grateful for. The point being; share with all... the good, the bad. I do hope you receive everything that was promised at the level you expect!!

Happy New Year!
Mike.

M. Krause
Old 01-06-2018, 10:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B & B 289
Not Ranked     
Default This is very interesting

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-CRII-G...5aUQW2&vxp=mtr
Old 01-06-2018, 10:57 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Gee, indianamoom I wonder who's car this one was to be, and this Ryan screwed another customer out of their money. Need's to be looked into. Thanks for finding this listing, Anybody else have any idea what to do with this info?
Old 01-06-2018, 11:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the ebay listing info. I'm thinking my cobra frame and body that is MIA might be there.
Perry
dual 2" roll bars, warmed up 302, E Street aluminum Heads, Comp cam and roller rockers, AOD, 4.10 Eaton Possi, Power Baer/disc brakes, block hugger headers, 2 1/2" under car exhaust, F500 18" black spoke wheels.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:53 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Wouldn't this be a perfect excuse for some club member (close to this town) to make a trip up to this POS shop and see if HighPlainsDrifter's car is around there somewhere?? Good idea, Yes??

Last edited by Alfa02; 01-06-2018 at 11:56 AM..