Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2017, 01:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter View Post
Hi,
I just heard that there may be a buyer for the company and if it goes through I should get a refund........so I will give him a bit more time before I start legal procedure.
You'll never see a dime unless you get a law suit filed. Once the new owner is in charge he has no obligation to the sins of the prior owners. Don't believe a word this guy says.

Isn't it time to drive a final vampire stake through this place? The "goodwill" of the trade name has been lost. A new owner might have assets in jigs etc but he would be better off starting a new company.
Bill D likes this.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 95 EFI 5.0
Not Ranked     

Listen to these guys... He's buying for time. the more time you let go, the less likely you'll get anything back...
Get a lien against the comapny ASAP. I believe laywer fees would get added to the lein.
Bill D and DanEC like this.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Agree with the above. Whoever buys the company can just buy the assets and not the debts. That would mean the previous owner has to settle any debts the company owes. That never happens.

Put a lien on it right away.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 427
Not Ranked     

Hey guys , greetings from Edmonton Alberta, i actually spoke to this clown on the phone , he wanted me to bring mine down and wanted my car for measurements etc and a base to make new parts..after talking with him on the phone numerous times and giving all my frame dimensions etc he sent me pics of "frames " he supposedly built. i still have his number and where he lives in Sask. It sounds like to me some good old payback is in order here...seeing as im not that far away i may take a drive down and look into some collections as i F@#$Un do not like people being taken advantage of.

My email is mikem2cnc@gmail.com if anyone want to be in touch
Old 07-06-2017, 07:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default Hi

Email sent.
Perry
dual 2" roll bars, warmed up 302, E Street aluminum Heads, Comp cam and roller rockers, AOD, 4.10 Eaton Possi, Power Baer/disc brakes, block hugger headers, 2 1/2" under car exhaust, F500 18" black spoke wheels.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 347
Not Ranked     

May not be pertinent, but if you used the us mail system for this transaction, it may fall under US Postal fraud.

At that point the US government will be involved.

A buisness friend got into a mess with a customer using US mail. I dont think he got his money back but the other person had the US after him for mail fraud.

The only other leverage I can think of besides the lawyers listed above. Is small claims court. There are limits to the amount. Here it is 7500. Maybe you could split the 11k if you sent two payments, do two small claims filings? check your lawyer options then check small claims, you would at least make your claim known before the sale. Also file against him and the company, not just the company.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin428 View Post
May not be pertinent, but if you used the us mail system for this transaction, it may fall under US Postal fraud.

A buisness friend got into a mess with a customer using US mail. I dont think he got his money back but the other person had the US after him for mail fraud.

The only other leverage I can think of besides the lawyers listed above. Is small claims court. There are limits to the amount. Here it is 7500. Maybe you could split the 11k if you sent two payments, do two small claims filings? check your lawyer options then check small claims, you would at least make your claim known before the sale. Also file against him and the company, not just the company.
Buyer and seller are both in Canada.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin428 View Post

I tried the mail fraud angle when acton ripped me off. The USPS has many requirements that prevented me from having him prosecuted. The biggest thing was that seeing as how he did send a few parts, it did not constitute fraud. If I could have gotten it into court and he found at fault , then they may have been able to do something. The NH Attorney General stated that they had so many complaints against him and that mine was one of the smaller ones that my chances of ever recovering anything wasn't going to happen. These rip off artists seem to have the upper hand in these things.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 781, 69' 428CJ, PPG BLACK. ERA 3005 Arctic White 331 SBF
Not Ranked     

Remember the days of tar and feathers? Seems like we need to revisit the good old days and work from the "top down" to "correct" the imbalance in some of these matters.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

I was at a 'Show and Shine' in Regina, Saskatchewan on Monday, and one of the folks I talked to said Ryan was trying to sell him the jigs and moulds for $60K CAD. He said they've spoken a few times but never met. I indicated to him that I've seen a few posts on CC from folks who gave Ryan some money and aren't happy about the outcome (or lack thereof).

While he seemed interested in getting into the business, he commented that Ryan was asking too much for what he was offering. I doubt he'll be moving ahead with the purchase - but you never know what kind of crazy stuff will happen.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Wouldn't it be nice if we collectively had enough pull to just create a new "third" company for individual parts based on all we have between everybody without all the B.S.? After all didn't he just have body molds and needed to "copy" our components? Hell even just getting the smaller stuff replicated like hinges etc. would be very advantageous I think for many of us.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:10 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74proii View Post
Wouldn't it be nice if we collectively had enough pull to just create a new "third" company for individual parts based on all we have between everybody without all the B.S.? After all didn't he just have body molds and needed to "copy" our components? Hell even just getting the smaller stuff replicated like hinges etc. would be very advantageous I think for many of us.
Good luck. I've been around here a long time. We have a lot of members that like to talk big, but when you ask them to step up and write a check they scamper away like chipmunks under the deck. Just check the many threads where guys tried to get Halibrand wheels made... and failed when they asked for an up-front payment from the guys that had all said "oh yeah, count me in for a set of four."
Old 09-09-2017, 06:02 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

...my ears were ringing.
What's up?
Old 09-09-2017, 06:04 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
...my ears were ringing.
What's up?
Tinnitus?
Old 09-09-2017, 06:11 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

That, too. Too many years in front of Ampeg SVTs.

No need to worry - I learned my lesson. It was naive but noble, no?
It's all out there. Just gotta know where to look and who to ask.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Time to drive a stake through this vampire's heart. There is no sustainable business plan for this place. All that will happen is someone with good intentions will buy a failing business and become the next one to fail.

To a large extent, the value of a business sold is its "goodwill". There is very little, if any, of that left. The cost of pulling up the bootstraps will be very high, and with the number of Cobra manufacturers, the only market is in Canada, a very small market.

Sorry to be brutal, I'd be happy to be proven otherwise.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 09-09-2017 at 08:49 PM..
Old 09-10-2017, 02:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Civil Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
I'm somewhat surprised they'd take the view this is a civil matter. It seems to me this looks like fraud - and that's a Criminal Code matter.

Ref: Criminal Code
Any time two entities enter a business agreement, if one of the parties does not hold it's end of the bargain, the dispute becomes a civil matter for law enforcement cannot take sides. Law enforcement cannot ascertain which party agreed on what and what claims one party may have against the other. Therefor, it becomes a court matter in which a Judge will look at the evidence provided by both parties and decide. To the joy or disappointment of either party.

I hope this helps clarify why we should not rush to assume Law enforcement has jurisdiction.

EXAMPLE: "Police officers can only handle crimes where one party intentionally deprives or defrauds the other party." Police officers can't determine if one of the parties intentionally change the terms of the agreement or has financial claims to offset not being able to fulfill a business agreement. That's where a judge comes in
Old 09-11-2017, 05:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 95 EFI 5.0
Not Ranked     

Can someone post a pituure of this guy???
I would like to print a copy of it so I can spit at it...

Seriously through... Let's get a piture of this crook along with what ever else, email/phone/address, etc. Post it on on the other car enthusiest sites and craigslist to warn other people.
Brasilcat likes this.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 351W blueprinted
Not Ranked     

Ryan Maertens picture can be found here.

Ripoff Report | Ryan Martens Complaint Review Foremost, Alberta

By the way he is on other "car sites"

Last edited by SnakeDoc; 10-30-2017 at 07:25 AM.. Reason: additional information
Old 10-30-2017, 07:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 351W blueprinted
Not Ranked     

Ripoff Report | Ryan Martens Complaint Review Foremost, Alberta