Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 08-27-2018, 12:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Heater removal

Hi,
I have 1992 CR; I want to remove heater box as previous owner removed heater controls and air vents.
There are 2 hoses connected, I think one hose coming from engine for hot water, and 1 hose hose return (I think to water pump).
I want to remove these hoses, better to put caps or shall I connect together ?
Thanks,
Marco
Old 08-27-2018, 05:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Connect them together to form a closed loop in the engine bay. Do not cap them as when the tstat opens, the water pump is designed to provide and expect the flow through the heater core. Capping them could potentially cause an increase in flow pressure of the coolant due to the restriction in the system and potentially cause the water pump to cavitate the radiator coolant fluid due to restricted flow.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As a side note, I have removed the Stock heater box from my CR1 and am replacing it with a small Vintage Air System. About half the size of the original unit and better control options versus the crappy controls the CR1 came with origially.

The vintage air unit is far superior in performance, flow, and much nicer control panel.

See Vintage Air Gen II system with defrost.
Old 08-27-2018, 06:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 95 EFI 5.0
Not Ranked     

rbgray, do you have yours installed yet? I am curious how you are mounting the controls.
IE - Are you utilizing the control box housing and pushing the front through your dashboard or are you going to remove the controls from the housing and mount them directly on the dash?
Old 08-27-2018, 07:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Many thanks !
Old 08-27-2018, 09:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm mounting the control panel higher in the dash panel and moving the vent ducts to just in from of the shifter. Slight rework of the fiberglass dash, but far more servicable versus the location of the controls from the factory recommendation.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked