Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2021, 10:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     
Question A few parts needed before my first ever drive...where do you guys order from?

I ordered a few things from FinishLine in January, but they haven’t shipped yet. Also can’t get ahold of anyone by phone, email, or Facebook. Orders from them normally take a few weeks but this has been a few months so I’m starting to think something is up.
Anyway, I need a few things to finish off the car. Trim pieces; Headlight trim rings, wiper arms, hood emblem, etc. where does everyone order their parts from?
Old 03-03-2021, 12:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-Tech
Not Ranked     

Moss Motors for many of those items. For the Cobra specific items, Tony Branda usually has those.
Old 03-03-2021, 06:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane - FE
Not Ranked     

Take a look at Period Correct, LLC www.prdcrrct.com
Old 03-04-2021, 05:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Looking to buy
Not Ranked     

...wipers appear to be very similar to those sold by Street rod suppliers such as Jegs or ...Speedway motors..
Old 03-04-2021, 07:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What about the wiper blades? 10”, but what style fits on the straight arms?(without the curved over ends).
I think I’ve tracked everything down except for the headlight trim rings and the correct wiper blades

Do these headlight rings fit on another vehicle? I might be able to find it with the search function on some of the parts places online.

Last edited by MGM; 03-04-2021 at 07:43 AM..
Old 03-04-2021, 08:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-Tech
Not Ranked     

These are the style headlight trim rings that original and many replica Cobras use. I can't say for certain that they will fit the Classic Roadsters body. The price is good and I have heard good things about the quality from people who have purchased them: https://www.ebay.com/itm/MGTF-MGA-Bu...IAAOSwrklVLv72

Moss has a lot of wiper blade options for vintage British cars. I am sure you will find something that will work for you on their site.
Old 03-04-2021, 03:35 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

@MGM those headlight trim rings, are a son-of-a-gun to track down, reg. 7" chrome rings don't fit "Just right" CR's are 1/8" to 1/4" larger than a normal ring, So those reg. headlight trim pieces doesn't fit even with the fender line. I was able to find a NOS CR pieces, My next step was to check the large truck acc. shops "Big Rigs" as their trim rings are larger then car trim rings. Good Luck, Cheers TommyRot.
Old 03-04-2021, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hmm... sounds like the headlight rings might be a challenge. They look identical to the Austin mini ones. I’ve had a few minis in the past. But if they’re slightly larger than standard 7”(ie-Jeep/Chevy size) then I’m not sure. I’ll keep looking and update you guys.

Just ordered wipers, found original Lucas 10” bayonet style wipers on eBay UK lol. $50 for wipers

Hood emblem I might try using something a little different. I’ll post a picture if it works out.

Horn button I ordered on Amazon: Volante S9 style seems to be the right one for the 9 bolt wood wheels

Thank you guys for all the input. It’s very helpful
Old 03-04-2021, 08:59 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

MGM, A Mini is a good place to start, 60's car. What I was thinking a 60's Kenworth single headlight, 359 model Peterbuilt, Round nose (Bullnose) Mac's all from the 60's with 7" single headlights, look them up on a vintage truck parts web site, they would have a (Thicker) trim rings, Measure to the outer edge of the headlight bucket then you'll have the correct dia. again good luck, Cheers TommyRot.
Old 03-05-2021, 02:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wiper arms, blades, motors and dash mirrors for British classics (AC Cobras too)
are made by TEX AUTOMOTIVE, UK :

https://www.texautomotive.com/classic_wiper_blades.html

TEX sells online through MOTORING CLASSICS, UK.
They also have a bunch of other items such as Cobra Moto-Lita steering wheels, etc.:

https://www.motoringclassics.co.uk/c...rts/wiper-arms

Last edited by Unique427; 03-05-2021 at 02:51 AM..
Old 03-05-2021, 04:24 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

We supply arms and blades: https://www.timemachineauto.com/m38-...-park-kit.html

We have both right hand park and left hand park arms.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 03-05-2021, 06:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1950, Roush 402R, TKO600
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM View Post
What about the wiper blades? 10”, but what style fits on the straight arms?(without the curved over ends).
I think I’ve tracked everything down except for the headlight trim rings and the correct wiper blades

Do these headlight rings fit on another vehicle? I might be able to find it with the search function on some of the parts places online.
You can take a look at Cobra Valley, Randall sells wiper blades for Cobra’s