Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By MGM
  • 2 Post By sunman
  • 3 Post By kitcarbp
  • 1 Post By sunman
  • 1 Post By sunman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2021, 08:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     
Smile I may have found the Holy Grail... Headlight trim rings/ headlamp rims!

UPDATE- THEY DO NOT FIT - Turns out their manufacturer changed the size this year and they are no longer 8.5”. They are 8.25” and are too small ��

I feel like Indiana Jones!
After scouring the internet off and on for months, I came across these...

https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/chrome-headlamp-rim-85

It’s a wider version of the 8inch rims(8.5”)

The dimensions all seem correct(maybe a wee bit tighter around the headlight itself-but that’ll just take up the small gap we currently have). And no silly notches that we don’t need. Angle and curve look the same, and mount screw is in the right spot. I don’t know if it has the small locating tab at the top, but that is an easy fix.(EDIT), and by easy fix I mean they are separate pieces- you swap them over if you have rims already, or order them separate, or build something.

I just ordered a set, so I’ll let you guys know the minute they arrive if they fit. Probably take a few weeks to get here. With shipping, about $60.

Hope they fit, and hope this helps all the other people looking for these

Will update ASAP
ALF, Alfa02 and 65arboc like this.

Last edited by MGM; 04-16-2021 at 05:27 AM.. Reason: Update
Old 03-31-2021, 08:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Close for sure, look forward to pics...
Old 03-31-2021, 09:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Here are the correct part numbers for Classic Roadsters headlight assys. They are Mack Truck model R, DM,U. Stamped HL-1000-W on the main bucket. Complete assy #2MO46P10. Size is 8 5/8” (8.62”) Bucket is 8. 32” #8154-343101010. Bezel #11M036 is available by itself. Same as a Sebring. This light was used in other apps. Made by PAI in USA. Raney Truck parts is one source. There are plastic copy’s too
Alfa02 and Roylerumble like this.

Last edited by sunman; 04-01-2021 at 05:13 PM..
Old 03-31-2021, 08:45 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Either way gentlemen, look's like we have a fix for the trim rings for our CR, Deep down after being a Class 8 trucker for 26+years I knew the 60'-70's era 7" headlights on our (Mack's, KW's, Freight's, etc) looked thicker than car's 7" trim rings. Good job Gentlemen, gold stars are on the way Cheers TommyRot.
Old 04-01-2021, 11:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 Ford Racing Crate w/ TREMEC TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Not sure what is specific to Classic Roadsters for dimensions but the WCC also uses a universal big truck type 7 inch bulb housing. So many aftermarket versions out there , they sell them for VW based projects too. EMPI is one example. Seen here. You can also check out SLC Lighting.

https://www.slclighting.com/

Like the version I have from the old KD Lamp company its a polymer housing with nice heavy chrome metal ring. I found a set of NOS lamps from the 80’s with superb chrome plating.
Attached Images

Alfa02, Roylerumble and 65arboc like this.

Last edited by kitcarbp; 04-01-2021 at 11:54 AM..
Old 04-16-2021, 05:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunman View Post
Here are the correct part numbers for Classic Roadsters headlight assys. They are Mack Truck model R, DM,U. Stamped HL-1000-W on the main bucket. Complete assy #2MO46P10. Size is 8 5/8” (8.62”) Bucket is 8. 32” #8154-343101010. Bezel #11M036 is available by itself. Same as a Sebring. This light was used in other apps. Made by PAI in USA. Raney Truck parts is one source. There are plastic copy’s too
Hey Sunman- thank you for this info! I just saw this. I’ll look into it more and see if I can find a supplier for just the rings/rims. I checked Raney but only saw the complete assembly.
Cheers
Old 04-17-2021, 08:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The main bucket without the cup piece is used on Harley FLH! I heard Mack truck long time ago and just found part numbers recently. I googled “raney 11m036” and it comes up
Roylerumble likes this.

Last edited by sunman; 04-17-2021 at 09:33 PM..
Old 05-23-2021, 01:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

is that the lights used in the cobra in the picture?
Old 05-23-2021, 02:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No photos and sizes are at Raney truck parts. They look identical to my Classic lights. 7 5/8 inch od trim ring. PAI makes them in USA. The 101010 at end of bucket part number is printed on this hook up plug wire. For hi and low beam bulbs instead of just single element. I can get some photos on here in a few
Roylerumble likes this.

Last edited by sunman; 05-23-2021 at 02:26 PM..
Old 05-23-2021, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm just starting building my never assembled 1992 kit.

I need a few parts, headlights, signals, tail lights, so I'm trying to source out the parts. These will work with the harness too, or did the CRII not have high beams? Is there any mods needed to wire them in or a simple splice? What does one do for a dimmer switch? Thanks for posting that info!
Old 05-23-2021, 04:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Im just getting started on building this one too. July 31st is the 30th anniversary of my $500 deposit at Classic in Fargo. It’s a long story. The lights plug in to harness. Dimmer switch I will check I’m using turn signal stalk switch. All I’m doing is working on this car now. Got all the parts and lots of info if I can help
Old 06-16-2023, 06:11 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Unhappy 8.5 inch headlight trim ring /bezel help

No holy grail for me!
Gents. I’ve ordered and returned 3 different trim ring bezels.

Anyone have a solid lead on where to acquire these? I searched all the details below and could not find them.

As the thread below indicates the Wipac 8.5inch trim ring is still advertised at 8.5 but in fact it is actually 8.25 inch. My trim rings measured 8.5inch exactly on the backside (outside to outside of the ring).

Merlin motorsports have refunded my money based on this information but I still cannot find the 8.5 inch trim rings. Any and all help is greatly appreciated… I’m going nuts…

I have a 2008 hurricane Motorsport AC cobra 427 build.