Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2021, 06:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, Ford coyote Gen1
Not Ranked     

Any reason why you didn't go with the ZTeam upper control arm adjustable relocation bracket that supposedly corrects the Ford geometry problem?
Old 12-07-2021, 06:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycraft View Post
Just measured my sb340, they are 3 inch sleeves in a 2.5 inch housing. Direct replacement looking. I REALLY want poly bushings. I can press the Moog in if I need to for a freshen up. However I am waiting g for my proper press sleeves. All should be here Wednesday for fitment
Would the Energy Suspension part #4.2117 be what you are looking for since the lowers are based off the Ford Bronco II?
Old 12-08-2021, 02:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ford 302
Not Ranked     

ordered those and will see, Team Z is local and will check them out, no real issues with current setup, so went with spherical bushings.
markantioch likes this.
Old 12-08-2021, 04:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

i just placed the order in for the relocation kit yesterday. Will make it easier to adjust my pinion angle, and I'm hoping to stop those odd sounds coming from my rear suspension.
cycleguy55 likes this.
Old 12-08-2021, 07:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 347 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by markantioch View Post
i just placed the order in for the relocation kit yesterday. Will make it easier to adjust my pinion angle, and I'm hoping to stop those odd sounds coming from my rear suspension.
I replaced the upper axle control bushings with Energy Suspension, and then bought Ridetech adjustable uppers with spherical's.

The lower CA is the factory one with replaced Energy Suspension, and they are nice.

What is this adjustment needed for pinion angle and why you purchased the relocation bracket? Can you explain a little more?
cycleguy55 likes this.
Old 12-08-2021, 10:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Any reason why you didn't go with the ZTeam upper control arm adjustable relocation bracket that supposedly corrects the Ford geometry problem?
That is a cool setup. I looked at some forums and videos on it. Do you have issues with your rear end hooking/set up? What kind of noise, just squeaky bushings?

Keep us posted on how it fits in a CRII

Lowers based on Bronco II? Aren't the CRII lowers their own? Are the bushings based on Bronco II?
markantioch likes this.
Old 12-08-2021, 10:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's the bushings that's based on bronco ii.
Roylerumble likes this.
Old 12-08-2021, 06:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm pretty deaf as is, but I'm able to decern a slight bind in the rear suspension, it's not a rubber squeak, more like metal slapping metal sound. What I've read is the rubber bushing are spose to give to compensate for the poor upper and lower control arms geometry. I understand to stock rubber giving way to compensate, but what will give once you stiffen up, or completely remove the give with spherical joints?
If this kit helps my hook up, it'll be a happy plus, since the car is so light to begin with.
Old 12-08-2021, 06:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKahn View Post
I replaced the upper axle control bushings with Energy Suspension, and then bought Ridetech adjustable uppers with spherical's.

The lower CA is the factory one with replaced Energy Suspension, and they are nice.

What is this adjustment needed for pinion angle and why you purchased the relocation bracket? Can you explain a little more?
https://youtu.be/telkY-eeA54
Old 12-09-2021, 11:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I went by Team Z today, they did not recommend this system for the wheelbase of our cars, it moves the lift point too far forward and may cause undesirable effects. . It actually would move the lift point fowrd of center. The mustang has a longer wheelbase than our cars.
Roylerumble and RonKahn like this.
Old 12-09-2021, 07:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Have they seen your chassis? They are sending me one to try out for fit, and if it doesn't work, I'm able to send it back. I don't see the wheel base having any play in regards to the travel between the upper and lower control arms not being geometrically in line with each other. I guess I'm going to find out once I install it, and run the axle through it travel path.
Old 12-10-2021, 05:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Have they seen your chassis? They are sending me one to try out for fit, and if it doesn't work, I'm able to send it back. I don't see the wheel base having any play in regards to the travel between the upper and lower control arms not being geometrically in line with each other. I guess I'm going to find out once I install it, and run the axle through it travel path.
Thats why I said "may cause" . according to them, it corrects a mustang geometry and gets them to hook better, but in our wheelbase may cause a snap steer issue as the weight transfer may be forward of center. Let us know how it works out, thats why we all experiment as nobody knows how certain mods affect these cars until we try it. They do offer some nice powder coating services as well and would gladly make lower arms, the only issue is how our roll bar mounts up and the distance between the arms for the mount. likely moves the bar down. woule really need the car then to mock up sway bar mounting.
Old 12-11-2021, 07:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

They.

Last edited by markantioch; 12-11-2021 at 07:07 AM..
Old 12-11-2021, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

They (Dave) said no on the lowers. They do not have a jig to fabricate one that's 3" shorter. I would have to modify it on my own. Dave also stated that all adjustable uppers; and lowers would move your center point one way or another. Lowers moving your axle forward or back, and the uppers moving your axle right or left to center is, and tilting it forward or back to adjust your pinion angle.
I was told to try it out at no loss to me, that I could send the kit back. Was advised to remove my coils and move the axle up and down its travel path (compression 3") and see if I have any bindings after pinion setting, that I should hear, and feel it. Then take it for a test ride after reinstalling the coils.
Parts should be here early this coming week I was told. A hydraulic lift would be a sweet thing to have for this job.
That's my gameplan in a nut shell.
Old 12-11-2021, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Must depend on who you talk to. I was talking with the owner. He said no issue making lowers, just issue with sway mount. They are a complete fab shop. Could do it with the car there easily. Or just plain lowers with no sway mounts. Hope it works out for you.
Old 12-11-2021, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That would Dave, and his wife Shery.
He said "they have no jig for no such animal." lol
Old 12-11-2021, 07:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I had inquired with Ridetech to make me lowers to match my adjustable uppers and they could do it easily. At LEAST 450bucks without finishing them. So I decided to just replace the bushings on mine and remove the spring perch. They came out great.
markantioch likes this.
Old 12-11-2021, 07:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Modified factory arms look good square to match the frame.
There were noise problems traced to frame to lower control arm bolt being the stock 1/2” Mustang bolt instead of 9/16” like the bushing.
I know to easy but I thought I’d mention it.
Someone on here went 9” with parallel 4 link I’m looking for the photos.
But I heard a guy on the West Coast has a bagged CR...

Last edited by sunman; 12-11-2021 at 07:52 AM..
Old 12-11-2021, 07:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I upgraded to the larger bolt so everything is nice and tight.
Old 12-11-2021, 07:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Picture of one side.
Attached Images

Sycraft and markantioch like this.