Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Classic Roadsters II (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/classic-roadsters-ii/)
-   -   rear coil over conversion (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/classic-roadsters-ii/144933-rear-coil-over-conversion.html)

sunman 09-01-2022 08:43 AM

Kevin the complete small block RCC suspension I bought in 1999 have aluminum tags on the springs. I thought they had an “AVO” stamped on them.
Pulled them off and it turns out that flipped over they say “170” on rears and “350” on the front springs.
Hey, when installing airbags ya ditch the springs anyway.

Party On

markantioch 09-01-2022 10:09 AM

Sycraft, what Energy Suspension part number for the bushings did you end up going with? And did you replace both axle and chassis side of the lower control arms?

Sycraft 09-01-2022 07:18 PM

as you suggested- https://www.energysuspensionparts.com/4.2117. need 2 kits and you dont need the extra smaller ones.

markantioch 09-01-2022 07:45 PM

Thanks, that's the part # I came across too, and the info on the smaller bushings.

markantioch 12-06-2022 02:44 PM

These might help someone out down the road who is looking to upgrade his/her rear suspension bushings. Just order the parts you need from any Energy Suspension seller.
part #, 15.10.08.39 sleeves - (4)
part #, 2061 bushings - (8)
$74.51

sunman 12-06-2022 04:21 PM

What is the OD of the control arm bushing?
I ordered the recommended rubber bushings and they were a different size then what I have from Classic.
Maybe CR1 is different than CR2 I’m not sure.

Sycraft 12-06-2022 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunman (Post 1512629)
What is the OD of the control arm bushing?
I ordered the recommended rubber bushings and they were a different size then what I have from Classic.
Maybe CR1 is different than CR2 I’m not sure.

the factory bushing is moog sb340 encased in a metal sleeve, its not just a bushing. I have a set of the rubber ones in the garage.

sunman 12-06-2022 10:25 PM

Thanks, it was SB340s I got but looked to be a different size than what’s in arm.
Have you got the actual od of the Energy part?

Sycraft 12-07-2022 04:44 AM

I do not, they are in car. but with the sleeve pressed out (it was a tight sleeve) the bushings fit with a slight bit of supplied grease and some slight pressure from a vice

markantioch 12-07-2022 06:00 AM

I'll know, hopefully in 3 months what the OD is. That part has been on back order for quite some time now. But the metal sleeves are in stock.

Sycraft 12-07-2022 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markantioch (Post 1512651)
I'll know, hopefully in 3 months what the OD is. That part has been on back order for quite some time now. But the metal sleeves are in stock.

I ordered 2 sets of this, yes some waste as not everything is needed, but available...
https://www.amazon.com/Energy-Suspen.../dp/B000CN781Y

markantioch 12-08-2022 01:06 AM

Yes, that thought came to mind after I had placed the order. But I'm piecemealing this together as I'm also sending my trans to Ben Calimer for a stage 2 upgrade.
Not a bad time to do this work, since it's winter time now, and the temps have cooled off into to low to mid 80s. lol

RonKahn 12-09-2022 07:54 PM

I am sorry, but I can’t find records of the bushings I bought. They are Energy Suspension bushings. What I did was use a micrometer and measured the exact width of the mounting point on the frame. Then measured the ID of the swing arm, then the width of the swing arm hole. This gave me the three most important measurements to get a comparable bushing. The inner sleeve and bolt size is going to be bigger, but that just meant drilling out the holes in the frame, which was fine. I found just by going on the Energy Suspension website the closest size. It fit perfectly. The bushings did not exactly touch each other when pressed into the swingarm, but was perfect as it left a space to inject grease through the grease fitting. They are perfect. Just match up the size of what you have and it will be fine. The original bushing had a steel sleeve that was pressed into the swingarm. These do not have that. Just an internal sleeve for the bolt to slide into. Don’t forget to coat the bolt with antisieze!!