Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Roylerumble
  • 1 Post By RonKahn
  • 1 Post By Roylerumble
  • 2 Post By Chicagowil

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2023, 03:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters Ford
Not Ranked     
Default wiring Fuse block

Working on completing a Cobra build and seem to be missing the fuse block. I have the original wiring harnesses but not the fuse block. Can I get that from a donor vehicle or did CR supply one originally with their kit?
Old 03-15-2023, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ford 302
Not Ranked     

the wiring was always suspect in the kit, If I were to do it over, I would get a Painless Harness.
Old 03-15-2023, 07:50 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

I agree, all white wires were never the way to go, and had issues with the gauge of said wires too. Painless=Yes. Cheers Tom.
Old 03-15-2023, 09:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Watching one get built now, building mine as well.

According to the hotrod shop building one, they have used all the different harnesses on the market, and Haywire sells a very nice kits. They have a "cobra " kit, but also a bigger 14 fuse kit. Wadson's hot rod shop says they use good heavy gauge wire, heavier than painless, and I spoke to the owner, and he will make whatever changes you want as well (ie floor dimmer, dash dimmer with multi position switch, riostat, key on column or dash, changes to signals and tail lights). I saw Wadson's install and it was very clean, no ugly bulkhead under the hood in the firewall. Nice neat box tucked up under the dash. I'm planning on seat warmers (in Canada), mild stereo (I know, the side pipes will prob make you unable to hear it),
Sycraft and markantioch like this.
Old 03-16-2023, 02:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters Ford
Not Ranked     

Thanks for you advice. I will go with a complete new wiring kit. Don’t want wiring issues when the build is complete.
Old 04-11-2023, 08:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 347 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roylerumble View Post
Watching one get built now, building mine as well.

According to the hotrod shop building one, they have used all the different harnesses on the market, and Haywire sells a very nice kits. They have a "cobra " kit, but also a bigger 14 fuse kit. Wadson's hot rod shop says they use good heavy gauge wire, heavier than painless, and I spoke to the owner, and he will make whatever changes you want as well (ie floor dimmer, dash dimmer with multi position switch, riostat, key on column or dash, changes to signals and tail lights). I saw Wadson's install and it was very clean, no ugly bulkhead under the hood in the firewall. Nice neat box tucked up under the dash. I'm planning on seat warmers (in Canada), mild stereo (I know, the side pipes will prob make you unable to hear it),
I just called and spoke to the owner of Haywire, and he is great! He builds each of the harnesses to a standard spec or a special spec if you want, and his price is VERY good. Three custom Cobra builders use his harnesses and all American made too! I will sell my Chinease Ebay harness that came with my car and get his when the time is right. I need to stop cutting the frame up and start assembling of course.
Roylerumble likes this.
Old 04-11-2023, 05:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

tough to see but that's a haywire fuse block tucked up under the passenger side foot well on the firewall. The gauge of the wiring better than Painless, and the options are awesome
Attached Images

RonKahn likes this.
Old 05-08-2023, 11:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters LTD, carbureted 302 engine with Offenhauser intake manifold, Edelbrock 4 barrel carburetor, 5 speed.
Not Ranked     

It looks like I am going to need to replace the wiring in mine as well. I am also looking at painless and haywire. I'm wondering if the painless 21 Circuit Classic Customizable Bulkhead Harness P/N 20103 would be plug in play on the bulkhead connector? Has anyone tried that and had success?
Old 05-08-2023, 06:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427, 5.0/Supercharged
Not Ranked     

I just recently posted that I researched the wiring harness on my CRI and it is actually a Painless harness fuse block that is used on the Chevy C10 pickup replacement.

The fuse block will fit the hole in the firewall and it looks to have the plugs for the Chevy Chevette steering column.

You will have a few extra wires in the C10 harness, But I am actually using many of them for options such as door poppers (hate the bicycle derailer door releases) and a popper for the trunk (same reason).
RonKahn and ATXCobra like this.
Old 05-08-2023, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters LTD, carbureted 302 engine with Offenhauser intake manifold, Edelbrock 4 barrel carburetor, 5 speed.
Not Ranked     

Which painless part number? Or link to the other post if it’s there?
Old 05-08-2023, 07:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Just for historical info.
In a post Don Scott made right after taking over he says
the Packard Bell connectors were not being produced anymore
so he used the superior American Autowire 12 circuit harness.
A good thing to do is read all his posts and take notes about everything.
Lots of wiring info for the CR harness.

Last edited by sunman; 05-08-2023 at 07:40 PM..
Old 05-10-2023, 02:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique FIA
Not Ranked     

I-Did_it is also a source.
Old 05-10-2023, 03:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 838
Not Ranked     

I have an extra harness from an ERA. It is complete except for the part that goes to the rear of the car.

It was installed and then removed to chase a problem. It worked fine. A couple of the ends got buggered up removing it, but no big deal.

I would like to sell it if you are interested.

John

Tags
fuse block wiring