Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2002, 01:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 445 FE stroker
Not Ranked     
Default Can you help a brother out?

Finally a nice weekend in NE Ohio and a beautiful day to take my CR out for a ride! Oh yeah I forgot I don't have one yet If I could only convince my two daughters that are in college that this education thing is way over rated Anyway it won't be long till I order one and start the build with my son whose is sixteen, both of us are anxious to get started.
What I would like to ask of some fellow CR owner that will be at the DVSF is can you give my son and I a ride, a short one will do. I have sat in the CR but never ridden in one, in fact never ridden in any cobra. So if their is one kind soul that would just take a ride around the block once, it would be great. Fell in love with the CR last DVSF, was going to buy another kit but everytime a Classic would go by we would go crazy, didn't know what it was at first but found out it was the CR. Anyone knows someone, who wants to buy a FFR donor with 5000 miles on it. See you at the Spring Fling
Rex
Old 06-02-2002, 02:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

My,my,my!
Rex, all CR's guys are excepting $20.00 donation for the ride along program the weekend of the Fling! Come and take as many rides as you want!

Now if you really, really want a ride, put a nice enough donation down and I will personally see that you get a ride or two in a "DV" or maybe even the DV II !

Rex, all kidding aside, stop down in London anytime and if at all possible I will see to it that you and your son get a few miles under your belts in a CR's Cobra!

DV -- June IS Spring Fling month! Have you bought your raffle tickets yet?
Old 06-02-2002, 02:04 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via ICQ to keithw
Not Ranked     
Default Razor

There will be many Classic Roadsters at DVSFII to look over. I will be there with a Goodwood Green one. Look me up.

Keith
Old 06-02-2002, 02:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, Tweaked 351W, T-5Z, CRII Tech Support Team.
Not Ranked     

You could wait until DVSF to ride in one of many manufacturers brands there. DV might just have one in his shop at any time aside from DVSF.

I have a CR, and some of our club members have FFR's. If you build a CR or FFR, the last thing you want to do is build it with donor parts. Use new or reconditioned, and you have a new car when you're finished. Your odometer will reflect the true mileage on the car and the running gear, as well as its its required maintenance and resale value.

Go the donor route and you have a junk (or used) Mustang with a new body.
Old 06-02-2002, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 445 FE stroker
Not Ranked     

DV last time my son and I came down, last August, I believe the "DV" was down although you let us sit in it and spent a couple hours giving us the tour and answering questions. Whatever the donation it would be worth a ride in your car.

Keith look forward to meeting you and seeing your car.

Jack21, I agree with you about used parts why would you build one of these cars and use a powertrain with 60,000 mile or more. But I must tell you the 302 I have has new gt40p heads, and only 5,800 miles on the rest, I don't believe with that low miles that it would be a real problem. The only reason I prefer not to use it is because I think a stroked 351 is an ideal setup in the heavier CR car. Thanks guys.
Rex