Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2002, 09:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Motor mount question

The never ending saga of fixing another person's incomplete project continues....The body is ready to come off the frame tomorrow and ready for paint prep. While the body is off, it's time to start mating up the engine and transmission. The previous owner had a 429 with C-4 in the car which is what I'll stay with until I decide how this set up works. Does anyone know the part numbers for a big block motor mounts and transmission mounts from Ford/ NAPA...? Anyone words of wisdom are appreciated.
You know you are ready to start building when you have nothing left to take apart!
Chuck
Old 06-15-2002, 07:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

The motor mounts are a sealed power number: Left, 270-2368
Right, 270-2367. The trans mount is a Ford# D5ZZ-6068.
Don
Old 06-15-2002, 10:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Don, I appreciate your knowledge and willingness to share it. Chuck
Old 06-16-2002, 07:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, Tweaked 351W, T-5Z, CRII Tech Support Team.
Not Ranked     

That's what we're here for.

Given what you likely paid for someone elce's uncompleted project, you should have enough of a budget left to do it right.

Short stroke, big bore 429 oughta rev like a 289. Actually, that was my first engine choice. Nice powerplant for a Cobra with aluminum heads, intake, water pump to keep the weight down.

C4 trans is questionable unless you want an automatic, and the trans has been reworked. Tremec TKOII with .82 OD, and cable clutch would make nice reliable setup. If you're using an 8.8 rear, swap the axles out for the 31 spline ones, and an HD posi. With all that torque, and tall gearing in the Tremec, a 3.08, or 3.27 would be plenty.

Time to get it right is in the planning stage, and make a balanced package. Why don't you list your expected use of the car, expectations of the finished product, and proposed component selection. "I dunno, what do you guys suggest?" is a good response at this stage of the game. Be thorough, it's a lot more detailed than you think it is.

Last edited by Jack21; 06-16-2002 at 07:54 PM..
Old 06-19-2002, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

thanks jack21,
you are right about the planning stage being the time to do it right. i've been doing lots of planning and my project manager wife has built me a really good project plan. too bad she is also my banker but understands we are building it right the first time. actually i was lucky enough to inherit most of the parts to finish the project. of course the ones missing seem to be the more expensive ones (headers, side pipes, seats, radiator, master cylinder and a good steering column). as for how i intend to use the car, primarily for cruising and summer autocrossing. jack, i agree about a good 5 speed but my long legs and big feet don't leave much room in the foot box. with my heels together, i only have about 1 1/2" of space between my shoes.
at least for awhile, i'll try the auto and may eventualy switch to a 5 speed. i do have some questions about a good master cylinder and pedal setup for the car. also, someone previously welded a rag joint onto the rack and pinon setup and all i have left is the lower half. i'm going to replace the whole unit and mate it up with dv's steering column. dv- i'll be calling you tomorrow to order it. after talking with dv, i can order my painless wiring harness and get start on wiring the car. stand by for lots of.....dah kind of questions. you guys help alot! chuck
Old 06-20-2002, 11:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

now that i have the motor mount part numbers for the sealed power motor mounts, i am having trouble locating them. i've tried a dozen or more sources with no luck as it seems sealed power is in chapter 11 or something like that. does anyone have a good source for them or a cross reference number for napa? the engine sits and waits for the mounts. thanks, chuck
Old 06-21-2002, 09:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I couldn't find anybody that could get Sealed Power motor mounts when I was looking for them either. I found a store in that carries Anchor brand parts, and got them there. The Anchor part numbers are 2367 and 2368.
http://www.anchor-online.com/
Wade
Old 06-21-2002, 03:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

thanks wade,
their order guy is out till monday but they have them in stock. saved my bacon! chuck