Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2002, 11:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison 351w assembly STILL in progress
Send a message via AIM to ronzara Send a message via Yahoo to ronzara
Not Ranked     
Default CR Engine Wiring

Hey Guys,
I am using a CR Harness in EM. I have ALL CR wiring except Engine Harness. My engine is wired and was running before for engine break in. I was wondering if there is a way to get the CR Engine Harness fuse block adapter plug, so I can just attach my existing wires and plug it in?????

Also, where does the front light harness plug in to the fuse block? I see no provisions with the same shape...

You all are a great asset to this site, Thanks!
RZ
2. "Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Junk"....

Last edited by ronzara; 07-27-2002 at 11:41 AM..
Old 07-27-2002, 08:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster with 427 center oiler
Not Ranked     
Default Front Headlight Harness

Ronzara

According to the manual the front headlight harness plugs directly into the main fuse block on the fire wall engine side. This is the block where all the wires pass from the engine bay through the fire wall into the area behind the dash under the steering wheel. Clear as mud ?? Sounds like this is the through-the-firewall "adapter plug" that you are looking for.

Paul
Old 07-27-2002, 08:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Wire Harness

Ronzara

I did the wiring myself according to the manual, but it was a while ago ('93). At age 56, I don't remember these types of things too clearly anymore.

Paul
Old 07-27-2002, 08:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Ron,
Explain a little further please? If you have the CR harness you should have the engine harness. If not you can order it from CR's.

Headlight harness plugs into what could be considered the "back" of the Fuse block. Paul is right...the fuse block on a CR's is mounted through the firewall, fuses facing the driver, main harness' coming out the back, or engine side. This is where the headlight harness, as it's called will plug in.

Sounds to me like you only have about a 1/3 of the harness???

DV
Old 07-27-2002, 11:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The only thing missing is the Engine harness. I know I can get one from CR, but since my engine is wired and was running, I thought I could find a way to use the existing wires and save $110.
Here's what I have:
Fuse Block,
front and rear light sections ,
transmission section,
fuel sender wires,
GM column pigtail,
Dash Section.
I also have a part with 3 relays,
and 1 with one relay.

I got this from Jim Downard, he said it was complete Except for the Engine harness, and I beleive this is correct.

I will look more closely at the Front harness plug. Obviously it goes on the firewall side of the block. >>> It has Female plug on fuse block end though, ????????.. so does the fuse block.
RZ
Old 07-28-2002, 05:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron,

If I'm thinking correctly, and it's early Sunday AM, the fuse block side of the headlight harness has a large black connector with two ears coming off of it. Sort of like a thin legged, thick bottomed "U".

If you've mounted the fuse block the same as CR's does, and I remember right, it will be the second harness you will attach. the "U" will face left, with both of the legs holding in the first connector.

I will try and get my camera program set up for this computer today and see if I can't get you some pictures.

DV
Old 07-28-2002, 06:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Wiring harness

Ronzara

I have a build manual from classic that explains the wiring pretty well. I will send it to you if you need it. But I would like it back when you are finished because I still refer to it occasionally when doing work on the car.

Let me know.

Paul
Old 07-28-2002, 10:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Paul,
Thanks for the offer. Jim send me about 30 photo copied pages directly from the CR build manual. I have found it very helpful as far as the wiring numbers.

I made a metal bracket and mounted the fuse block to the right center of my cowl hoop. It tilts back at about a 45 degree angle behind the dash, perfect access the the fuses.

All the CR wiring has plenty of lenth to reach this area of my car. Plus I really didn't like the idea of cutting through the center of my firewall. That is such a visual area, I wanted to keep it as clean as possible.

I 've looked at the Front light section again, the end teminates the same way the fuse box looks.... there is no way to mate it together. E-mail me and I'll send you a pic of what I am talking about.... Thanks
RZ
Old 07-29-2002, 05:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

RZ,

Send some pics: v10cobra@aol.com

I in turn will get some pics today of a stock installation. I actually got the photo program installed yesterday, with the camera software and it actally worked!

DV
Old 07-29-2002, 03:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sent you some pictures Ron. Let me know if it helped.
PS..that headlight harness does plug in, but you need the other harness' to keep it in!
DV