Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2002, 01:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Post MCO..Manufacturers Certificate of Origin?

Well here is a new twist. Had a call from were my Cobra was inspected and, they asked me for the MCO..Manufacturers Certificate of Origin. Well since I bought pretty well all the parts over the internet...Yes you get recepts.... but MCO are a different story... because you don't even know about it...Well I didn't!

All make it short...after talking to Tammy at Classic Roadsters I found out they Issue the MCO when you purchase the Cobra body. After talking to my dear friend Ken, who I got the body from and, found out that he never got one for the body he purchased from Classic....now.. almost 2 weeks of waiting for Tammy to have the time to find the paper work on this. It's not her fault, the body was purchased before her arival with Classic and being short staffed doesn't help. Yes.... I do have the purchase agreement from my dear friend Ken, for the Cobra body from Classic....it will become a waiting game now.... BUT... hopefully...NOT A LONG TERM WAIT..as having a completed Cobra in my garage with NO insurance on it. Makes me a very unhappy camper!
Is there a big problem in just having another one made out, since the Purches Agreement was from Classic Roadsters anyway's?
Don or DV...I need your experiance on this matter, has this happened to you's in the past, present in your line of buiness?
Thanks.
Snake.

Last edited by Snake; 11-21-2002 at 01:42 AM..
Old 11-21-2002, 04:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Snake,
I just spent 9 months of grief going through this with another Cobra owner that bought his kit 2nd hand. DO NOT HAVE A "FAKE" ONE MADE UP!

The bottom line is CR's or any other manufacture does NOT issue the MCO until the kit is paid for in full. ( A lot of kits are resold with a balance due, there fore the MCO has NOT been issued.)

However, if Tammy has told you the MCO has been issued, AND hopefully in your friends name, the procedure is quite simple. Your friend that bought the kit simply has to send CR's a "Notarized" statement that the MCO is lost/stolen.

An absolutely huge question is "when was your kit originally bought?" Pray tell it was post 1993??? If it was Pre - Classic Roads, "LTD", ie; Classic Roadsters, "INC." then there will be a huge problem!
Two different company's completely. In other words the CR's of today, LTD, can not re-issue an MCO that was sold by CR's. INC!

Keep us posted and good luck!

DV...if you buy a used kit, from anywhere, make absolutely sure you have the MCO !
Old 11-21-2002, 07:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

I had this discussion with Mr. Rutherford a few years ago. He talked to the ND motor vehicle people and was told a new MSO can be issued if the old one was returned or a statement was given to Classic stating the MSO was lost. This also included MSO's issued by Classic LTD. They aren't as picky as you think. The only problem is the paperwork needs to be found @ Classic. During the LTD days quite a few body's were stolen and sold and the buyer tried to get an MSO issued on the stolen property.
Don
Old 11-22-2002, 12:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default MCO..Manufacturers Certificate of Origin?

Hey DV! Hey Don! The body was bought on the 6/1/98...so I don't know if it is Classic LTD..or Inc. Sales person was Randy Kirckof. Ken the person I bought the Body from never recieved an MCO for the Body nor for the Cobra that he had bought from someone else and finished the project. His Cobra is licenced as a Ford Mustang. What doe's an MCO look like?...and what does it consist of? My friend Ken had sent me both of the perchase agreement for the two cobras...but I see no numbers refuring to an MCO. Both were clearly purchased from Classic Roadsters...so hopefully I will not have a problem with this. As we know I could be a very bad sport...sometimes. Having put in 3 years of searching for parts to complete a Classic Roadster Cobra. These parts are not that easy to come by...but I did it. Also paying the price of the bad exchange rate and shipping cost...it still was worth it. I guess the best thing threw the hole ordeal, is meeting people like you's that have a passion for these cars.
Thanks Guy's for the GREAT Help.
Snake/Gerry.
P.S. Maybe you could give Tammy a Call and possibly it could
help the ball to roll faster...so I could get this over with, and get the Snake insured. My wife and I would feel much better about it.
Old 11-22-2002, 06:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

LTD was pre 1992. If you have paperwork from 1998 you should have no problem getting an MSO. The MSO looks like a title and has the VIN and all associated info. Give Tammy or Pete a call.
Don