Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2003, 06:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Post Hey DV and DScott!!Hood and Deck lid gas shocks.

Hey DV and DScott! How do you mount your gas shocks for the hood and deck lid? Do you have pictures?
Thanks.
Snake.
Old 03-24-2003, 08:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

I use bolts, how about you DV, do you use bolts.

Just kidding! I haven't tried the gas shocks but I have seen them mounted several ways. Sorry I don't have any pictures.
Don
Old 03-24-2003, 12:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 351 Windsor 405 HP
Not Ranked     

Don,
Have you ever used the Finish Line roll bar on a CR? If so anything
I need to know before I buy one?
Art
Old 03-24-2003, 03:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Art, The CR roll bar has a bend in it where it goes through the body into the cockpit. The Finish Line one is a straight one and needs to be cut to length. I haven't tried one of theirs but I'm sure you would need to either put a bend in the front hoops or add on to the package tray crossmember. If you put a bend in the hoop then the bottom needs to be angle cut to sit flush on the frame. If you go straight down from the body there isn't anything to attach to, that's why CR has the bend.

We still haven't finished our stainless roll bar but I can get the unfinished steel one.

Don
p.s. The MSO's have not gone out because the computer is down and that is how they generate the VIN #. Shouldn't be too long before it's fixed. By the way did I say that the letter of intent is in my hands! Once we get the attorneys working it shouldn't be long!
Old 03-24-2003, 03:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Finish Line roll bars will not work!
THey mount totally different and fit totally different!
I'm sorry. I've nver mounted the struts, I simply use a slide mechanism that releases itself with out using two hands!

DV...Don is so close! GO GO GO !!!
Old 03-24-2003, 04:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     

"Once we get the attorneys working it shouldn't be long!"

Want to bet?

Best of luck Don ... and let's hope the attorneys find it in their hearts to move swiftly! (Attorneys? Hearts? ... oh, never mind.)

Who is John Galt?
Old 03-26-2003, 12:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters,351w B/S to 427 w/Hilborn Injection, Viper T56
Not Ranked     

Don,

Want to let the rest of us know what's going on......?

Jim
Old 03-26-2003, 01:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have to act like the Pentagon here and only release small bits of information. I have the letter of intent from CR so we basically agreed on a price. There are quite a few sticky points to go over before anything is signed. As soon as the letter is signed and we proceed with the actual contracts I don't want to say much more. It's all pie in the sky right now. I guess maybe you mean in general what's going on? I'm tyring to purchase CR and make a company out of it again! DV is also going to be a big part in this from the sales and distribution side.
Don
Old 03-26-2003, 03:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hmmmm....my Excalibur had gas shocks for the hood and the trunk. One day the trunk shocks went bad, went down to NAPA and BOOM, got a new set by simply matching length. Sweet, smooth action.

Mounted in between the rear hinges.

Ernie
Old 03-26-2003, 10:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile WOW!!!!

All I can say is...Wow!! I only asked a question about gas shocks for the hood and deck lid. Hmmm? How does gas shocks have anything to do with buying out CR? It doesn't matter...this is the best thing I heard of yet!! DScott and DV...you guy's have made my year!!! All I can say is.....it's about time. Now this Snake can turn out to be what it was supposed to be....the best! We are honered and lucky to have you guy's out there to help us with are confused minds. When one is building a car from the ground up..and have never done that before...there were times I though I lost a bolt...not on the car but in my brain....but you's always new what to do...or what not to do. Wich is MUCH APPRECIATED and that is NO CONTEST!! I thank you both...and others too with my build. All I need now is an MSO...Hehehehehe! Don!
Sorry I just had to open up a bit and say all that...it was my post that started it all remember.
I WISH you's all the BEST and Let's get it on!
Snake/Gerry.
Old 04-25-2003, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Roll bars and gas struts

I did use a roll bar form Enzo. It comes unwelded, (you get a hoop and an unattatched third leg, which by the way wasn't mentioned anywhere before I bought mine) and you have to modify the trunk so that you can mount it properly. It is polished stainless and looks very nice. If you could find a bolt on for Classic go for it.

As for gas struts, I'd love to see some pics from anybody who added these. the metal prop rod given was used to hold up a bird feeder and that's about all I can say about that.

Joe