Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2004, 10:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 427, 446 cu in Iron Eagle stroker, Trick Flow "R" heads, Comp roller, Edelbrock Thunder 800 cfm, Eaton posi, Richmond 3.27, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default Lobak Mufflers

Hi guys,
It's been quite some time since I've been here, but thought I'd drop a little note while I had the chance.
A while back we had a thread running about choices of different mufflers we could use for best performance VS sound. At that time I had found some inexpensive JC Whitney mufflers that worked great for me and had the sound that I was looking for. We were also investigating the possibilty of Stallion mufflers.
I recently had the chance to talk to the owner of Davis motorsports about trying some Lobak auger type mufflers. He was able to provide me with a custom built muffler 32" long..( what I wanted) with a 7/8" through tube for drafting and the standard auger type muffler that is one of the only Nascar approved mufflers for the new sound emmision rules.
He had a pair to me within 3 days and I immediately installed them. I'm thrilled! The blanks came with no nipples which made installation simple....direct replacements for what I had installed before. The sound is fantastic....deep, throaty and yet with compliant restraint...certainly quiet enough for around town and quiet enough for a freeway conversation with your passenger, but nasty enough sounding for the most ardent hot rodder.
And if this wasn't enough add the performance of a straight through type muffler with virtually no restriction or backpressure. My power increased immediately....and dramatically!
I'm not here to hype as an ad...Don and DV know that I don't, but this man treated me very well and supplied me with a product that I'm very happy with.....You might want to check them out the next time you're thinking about playing with your exhaust.
His URL is http://www.goracin.com/default.cfm ( Is it OK for me to post that here?...If not please edit)
Anyway....Happy Thanksgiving to all of you here....I'm off to a nice cruise to Santa Barbara tomorrow...hope the weather holds!
Best Regards,
Bill
Old 11-26-2004, 06:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     
Default Racing Products & Muffler Co

I purchased, but have not yet installed, an auger type muffler from:

Racing Products & Muffler Co
941 West A St
Hayward, CA 94541

510-783-3714

No web site

Contact name is Dave Stuart ( owner ), who was very helpful when the need for a quiet muffler was mentioned. The core is 4" narrowed at each end to 3" w/o any pipe extension, overall length of 30". Dave used a 5/8" center tube with extra baffles to control the sound. Construction is excellent. Turn time on the order was a few days. Very pleased as a 1st time customer.

Price for the pair was $133 + S & H.

Plan is to purchase from Don Scott the header extension to the muffler , the turn out/bracket and fabricate the side exhaust system. Purchased the 3" X 4 feet aluminized pipe from Summit Racing, part # SUM-640030.

Has anyone else installed an auger type muffler ?