Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2005, 07:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics, 351C/T-5 trans. Guardsman Blue
Not Ranked     
Default Pictures of "BLUE"

I'll try to attach some pictures of my new CR:

I see that it didn't work. Maybe I can set a link to Photobucket or something. I'll try.

OK, I did it BOTH WAYS) I posted some links to Photobucket pics and I created a Cobra Gallery with them in it too: Jim's "BLUE"

Hope you all like her!! It's WAY BEYOND "like" for me!!!

Last edited by Jim Barnett; 01-15-2005 at 07:50 AM..
Old 01-15-2005, 07:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     
Default your pictures

Just post your pictures in your gallery. It is pretty easy to set up, just click on Cobra Gallery on the left side of your screen and follow the steps! I can't wait to see your car!
Old 01-15-2005, 07:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

...fixed links - ron/computerworks

Last edited by Jim Barnett; 01-15-2005 at 07:37 AM..
Old 01-15-2005, 07:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Jim,

To go directly to your gallery, just click on your camera icon. If you ned any help let us know. I am really looking forward to seeing some pictures of the car.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 01-15-2005, 07:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Here you go Jim,

By the way, congratulations! I thought at first that this may have been one of my builds, but looking at the picture--nope.

DV...drive it slow and easy until you get the hang of it. They do have a tendancy to bite even the most experienced!
Old 01-15-2005, 09:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

Jim, the car looks great. You are going to have fun. What happened with the title?
Don
Old 01-15-2005, 10:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Jim,

Don't forget to change your description line from:
"Want one" to "Got one!" (fill in the descrition of choice)
Old 01-16-2005, 06:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427 C/O w/ Dual Quads
Not Ranked     

Congratulations, Jim.

The car looks great.

I'll second DV's comment: Take it slow and get to know the car for awhile.
It will give you years of the most fun you can imagine.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default WILL DO!!

Many THANKS, guys and I CERTAINLY will be VERY CAREFUL driving her!!! Still amazed at how quick the car is with only a small block 302 in it. Car cruises at 70 MPH on the freeway in 5th and is only turning around 2200 RPM. I have some quirks to figure out (like the annoying rattle coming from the passenger side muffler when taking off - the noise is intermittant and seems to be RPM dependant since it goes away after I reach a certain RPM or back off the throttle and I HAVE to get the driver's seat to move forward at least 2" because I have short legs and pushing the clutch pedal far enough to engage/change gears is a real effort - in fact my left calf was SORE after I drove her home Friday( I also, for asthetic reasons, want to add the hood and deck emblems, a wood steering wheel (recommendations??), hood and deck dummy latches AND, of course a roll bar (stainless). I'd have prefered traditonal guages, but the Autometer one's I have are so well located and easily readable that I'll most likely just stay with them. I'd also like one of the forward bent original style shifters, BUT I don't know if I can put one in this car yet (clearance problem??). Later on I'll worry about increasing the HP with 351W or trick heads, intake, etc., etc. I'm VERY, VERY happy with the car as is, BUT I really want to get those things I mentioned added "post haste" THANKS AGAIN for all the kind comments and recommendations (concerns) about my safety!! I have NO INTENTION on racing this car, although I do like to go fast in a straight line (my other toy is my 1969 4 spd HEMI SuperBee and it's not slow either - 410's with @600 HP)

Last edited by Jim Barnett; 01-16-2005 at 07:56 AM..
Old 01-16-2005, 07:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default WILL DO!!

Many THANKS, guys and I CERTAINLY will be VERY CAREFUL driving her!!! Still amazed at how quick the car is with only a small block 302 in it. Car cruises at 70 MPH on the freeway in 5th and is only turning around 2200 RPM. I have some quirks to figure out (like the annoying rattle coming from the passenger side muffler when taking off - the noise is intermittant and seems to be RPM dependant sine it goes away after I reach a certain RPM or back off the throttle and I HAVE to get the driver's seat to move forward at least 2" because I have short legas and pushing the clutch pedal far enough to engage/change gears is a real effort - in fact my left calf was SORE after I drove her homw Friday( I also, for asthetic reasons, want to add the hood and deck emblems, a wood steering wheel (recommendations??), hood and deck dummy latches AND, of course a roll bar (stainless). I'd have prefered traditonal guages, but the Autometer one's I have are so well located and easily readable that I'll most likely just stay with them. I'd also like one of the froward bent original style shifters, BUT I don't know if I can put one in this car yet (clearance problem??). Later on I'll worry about increasing the HP with 351W or trick heads, intake, etc., etc. I'm VERY, VERY happy with the car as is, BUT I really want to get those things I mentioned added "post haste" THANKS AGAIN for all the kind comments and recommendations (concerns) about my safety!! I have NO INTENTION on racing this car, although I do like to go fast in a straingt line (my other toy is my 1969 4 spd HEMI SuperBee and it's not slow either - 410's with @600 HP)
Old 01-16-2005, 08:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Jim,

Some of the cars have regular seat adjustment rails under them just llike your regular cars. Mine has a small lever that comes out and I can slide it back or forward about 2 1/2 inches. If you don't have that option, then you can either remove the seat, get it where you want it and drillnew holes to bolt it to in that position of have the pedals moved forward some. As for the steering wheel and shifter, Cobra Restorers has them. But check around and you might find them cheaper. I think you can order the hood latch and trunk latch assembly from Don.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 01-16-2005, 10:07 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Jim,

Check with Don Scott first on things you want to do to
your Cobra and I'm sure he can give you the best advice
on what will or won't work. He should also be your first
stop to shop for parts since he builds them.

You might check Tony Branda for the wood steering
wheel, and other goodies (just another source of Cobra
accessories).

As for the rattle on your side pipe, check the end mounting bolt for
tightness. Mine developed a rattle and it went away after I found
the loose nut and tightened it.

Hope this helps - and I know you will enjoy the car - I've had a blast
for the last 4 years with mine.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:07 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL now SOLD
Send a message via AIM to jdean
Not Ranked     

Jim,

Congratulations!! the car looks good. Keep us posted on how things are going with it.

Another change you might consider is changing out the side pipes (just the "muffler" section) if you have the standard CR pipes. They were very restrictive. You can see what I mean if you have the chance to visit Petek's build site.

http://www.birch.net/~petek/cobra/204/apr2.htm

John
Old 01-16-2005, 05:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

FIXED SEAT!!! Took four mount nuts off and found that there WAS a slide track after all, BUT the lever (which was inoperative before) was jamming against the alarm box also mounted under the seat. With the seat out, I was able to simply activate the slide mechanism, move the seat mount forward and reinstall the seat. Simple as that and NOW the car fits me 100% BETTER, so I took her for a quick 25 mile spin up 805 N to 54 W to 5 S and then back home. She ran like a champ and I feel MUCH MORE comfortable in her now too!!! Now I gotta get some stuff on order, possibly tomorrow after I see how much $$$s I have left.

Don: do you have the hood and trunk lid cobra emblems??

THANKS again, guys. My wife's still pissed off as all heck.... but eventually she'll get over it (especially if I drive the car and have fun with it instead of letting it sit in the garage - something I fully intend to do!!!).
Old 01-17-2005, 07:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

Jim, give Pete a call and he can help with parts. 1-888-722-6272
Don