Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2005, 04:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics, 351C/T-5 trans. Guardsman Blue
Not Ranked     
Default Emblem adhesive??

Don/Pete:

What adhesive should I use to glue the emblems on my CR after I remove the tabs on the back?? THANKS!!!
Old 02-16-2005, 04:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Jim,

Sorry I am not Don or Pete, but the best I have seen is that two sided tape that Ford put out. I guess you can still get it. They used it on my 69 and there is no way to get those emblems off short of prying them and most likely breaking them. That tape was black and not real thick. Also some people here have used just regular two sided tape and never had a problem.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 02-16-2005, 06:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

THANKS, Ron!!! I am getting very excited about receiving all the stuff I ordered from Don and Pete at CRII. I can't wait to get my ss rollbar polished and installed along with the Moto-Lita steering wheel and hood/trunk handles. Ought to make my CR look more the way I want it) My wife LIKES the paint that's on the car now, so I'll probably just keep "Blue" that color for now and possibly invest some of the "paint money" in a new steering column and vintage gauges for my new dash (I've yet to make THAT decision, but I did order a new dash and cover kit as well). I currently have AutoMeter Pro-Comp gauges and they're OK for now, although I'd really like to have that neat looking reverse 180 speedo staring me in the face when I'm driving) I also want to get the larger 5" filler cap installed, BUT I don't know if I want to go through the hassle of relocating the 3" one that's on my CR now. I did see a picture of a 5" mounted in the same spot as my 3" is and it didn't look all that bad at all!! Something else to consider. I'm also looking at buying a 351W for a little more "umpf") THANKS again for the advice/tip!!!
Old 02-16-2005, 07:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

I just use little dabs of silicone to hold the emblems on. Works great. Let us give you a bid on the new engine when you are ready.
Don
Old 02-16-2005, 08:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Question

Don,

Just for my information, what kind of silicone do you use to hold the emblems on? I have a tube, but we were always afraid it may not hold and that is why we use the two sided tape. Plus the emblems from Ford came with the black two side tape.

Ron

Old 02-16-2005, 08:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, V8, Manual Trans, Htr, Wipers, Radio Delete
Not Ranked     

I used GE clear silicone from Home Depot on mine. I think it was the stuff in the blue and white tube. It was what I used on all the aluminum panels, etc, so I had it laying around. I like it because if you need to remove the emblems you can just run a piece of fishing line under the emblem and it will come off without damaging the paint. Also it's good for positioning the emblems as you can move them around a bit to get alignment just right before it sets up.
Frank
Old 02-16-2005, 08:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The best is the two sided tape from 3m.

Mario G
Old 02-16-2005, 01:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

I use 100% silicone. I've never tried the tape but I'm sure either method will be fine.
Don
Old 02-16-2005, 04:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #90, 351w,Tremec 3550, SB100 SOLD
Not Ranked     

Jim,

I don't know where you are in San Diego, but I have a bunch of emblem stick tape. So, I will be happy to give some to you if we can get together somewhere.

I am in the Scripps Ranch area, but we could meet anywhere.

Skip
Old 02-16-2005, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster with 427 center oiler
Not Ranked     

Another great product for sticking stuff on ( grills on the front brake vents, side louvres, emblems, etc) is a black urathane type caulking that can only be had from your local auto glass place. It is not for sale to the general public but if you slip the guy a $10 bill you can probably get one. It works for me. Great stuff !

Paul.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via MSN to CowtownCobra
Not Ranked     

You can get double sided emblem tape at Autozone that works great
Old 02-16-2005, 07:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, Tweaked 351W, T-5Z, CRII Tech Support Team.
Not Ranked     

Leave the pins on the emblems if they have them. They help locate and position the emblem while (and after) adhesive sets.

Drilled snug fitting pilot holes for pins to be inserted in. Adhesive was plain old clear RTV. Emblem sits flush against car, and discourages would be thieves from an easy pop-off of a real Cobra emblem held on only with double faced tape.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

THANKS for the offer, Skip and MANY THANKS to ALL you great guys for the info!!!

Don: I MAY buy a 351 to rebuild in my garage to keep me busy and "outta trouble") Since you can get 500+HP out of one of those engines, I can't see the need for a BB with more HP than that, UNLESS, of course, one has SUICIDAL TENDENCIES!!
Old 02-17-2005, 05:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Jim,

Now prepare for the rash of BB people who will spend days telling you why anything less than 700 horse and 427 cubic inches is wrong, immoral, disgusting, and many other things.

Ron

Old 02-17-2005, 05:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron: yeah, I know and I sure don't want to upset the BB folks AND I'd ABSOLUTELY LOVE to have a BB 427.... BUT ONLY if I could get one in a REAL aluminum bodied Shelby or Kirkham (with NO intended DISRESPECT to those on the Forum who have BBs/427s in FG cars!!!). I just think that I'd prefer a CSX numbered car OR at least a Kirkham with a BB. Just my personal preference) I MAY just sell my Bee later on and get me one and be done with it)