Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2005, 07:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     
Default Classics by Elite of London, Ohio

As of February 19th, 2005 Classic Roadsters II Inc. of Sauk Centre, Minnesota has stopped all business relationships with Classics by Elite LLC of London, Ohio, owned by Jay Kowalik. Jay Kowalik and his business Classics by Elite LLC no longer represent Classic Roadsters II Inc. in any capacity. Classic Roadsters II Inc will not honor any contract written by Jay Kowalik or Classics by Elite LLC as of this date Feb. 19th, 2005. Any contracts written before Feb. 19th, 2005 will be honored when payment is made for each specific contract. If you currently have a contract with Classics by Elite LLC of London, Ohio for Classic Roadsters II Inc product and wish to discuss this please give me a call. A certified letter was sent to Classics by Elite LLC and signed by Jay Kowalik on Feb. 12th, 2005 stating the reason of the business relationship dissolution. This was not the 1st notice sent and Jay Kowalik is fully aware of the purpose and reason of the cessation. Please call for information on any Classic Roadsters II product.
Don Scott, President, Classic Roadsters II Inc.
39342 Co Rd 185, Sauk Centre, MN 56378
1-888-722-6272
Old 02-19-2005, 02:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster; 351W
Not Ranked     

Wow, what happened? Don most likely will have to remain quiet. Anyone not affiliated understand the reasons behind this? Just curious.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Sounds like financial problems involving credit(s) would be my guess.

So how's your business doing Don? Still exporting those Hummer kits?
Old 02-19-2005, 07:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Just so no more rumors, or innuendos are started, Yes that was my business for 30 plus years. When Jay Kolwalik (NoLimits) bought me out over two years ago, Mr. Kowalik changed the name to 'LLC' vs. Inc. and ran it his way.

Just so you know.
Ed 'DV' Combs
Old 02-19-2005, 09:21 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 351W -> 392
Not Ranked     

speculate all you want. What I do know is that I have two roll bars which don't fit and a power steering reservoir which would never seal in the way it was designed, and un-returned phone calls. nuff said.

Sorry to hear it ended that way Don.

"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier."
Old 02-20-2005, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, Tweaked 351W, T-5Z, CRII Tech Support Team.
Not Ranked     

Guess people that take consumer relations seriously are in the minority. Cherish it, when you find it.

What goes around, comes around. That's what got got CR in trouble in the first place in '91. Owner (Gary Rutherford) sells out, wiseguys and beancounters take over, bilk it and bail. What ever happened to the stuff we learned in Business Ethics 101?

Thank the lord for guys like Don Scott, and Ed Coumbs.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

I have gotten numerous e-mails over this, and I will answer everyone of them to the best of my ability. If you do have any questions do not hesitate to ask. Don will answer all your questions too. I may be hindered by the suit(s) in answering your questions, but I will try.

DV...I've had better days
Old 02-20-2005, 08:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Damn Ed, You're too good of a guy to be mired down by the things going on in your life. You need to know that just because you don't hear from us all the time, doesn't mean we're not thinkin about ya.

Take care
Ed
________
Old 02-20-2005, 08:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, Tweaked 351W, T-5Z, CRII Tech Support Team.
Not Ranked     

Don, Ed, think the important things people want to know is where can they obtain the Cobra specific aftermarket engineering improvements you developed that make building easier. i.e. The DV steering column (that I know of), and probably dozens of others?
Old 02-21-2005, 05:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

John York in Ashland (Richmond) Va is a great guy and has been building Classic Roadsters for over 25 years.
________
Old 02-21-2005, 08:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We deal with John York and he is a great guy. He currently is not a dealer for us but I am going to try and get him signed up. What I'm trying to avoid is what CR of old did. Their dealer program was to sell you 3 cars and you were automatically a dealer. They gave no territory so you could have 20 dealers in the same area. Their ultimate goal was to sell cars. I refuse to do business that way. My dealers will have a store front, they will have territories, they will know my product, they will be inspected for build quality, I will support them with national advertising, tech support, and parts. All dealers will be required to perform and purchase a set amount of kits per year (currently 4). They are required to advertise locally and attend local car shows. I want potential customers to be able to test drive our product at a place that doesn't require a long drive. This is going to take time. I am in the process of signing several dealers. I currently have dealers in Brainerd, MN, Detroit Mi., Seattle Wa. I am looking at signing a dealer in Chicago, LA, Florida, and Denver. I am working on a deal for a Canadian Distributor.

As many of you know this is not an easy business especially when working through dealers. Many times it's hard to have enough cash to build and maintain the business. That's where you can get into trouble because you are robbing Peter to pay Paul. Eventually this will catch up to you. I'm trying to avoid this problem by signing dealers that already have a good business and can start slow without worrying about cash flow.

I may be wrong in my approach but I will not take advantage of my customers for personal gain. I've always been honest and I will continue to run my business with honesty and integrity.

I will address the issue with Classics by Elite. This is not to defame Jay or his company. I am not trying to cause Jay any harm and badmouth his business. I have to do what is right with my business. I have a lot of money invested in this company and I won't let anyone jeopardize what I am trying to do.

Classics by Elite dealership was cancelled because of lack of performance, accounts receivable issues, questionable building procedures, and giving customers false information about deliveries. I stock at a minimum, 5 kits of each product. I have all parts in stock for customer purchase. At times I do have small backorders but they are rare and are generally filled within 2 or 3 weeks. I will tell you I have a problem with upholstery and I have for awhile. I can't control my outside vendors if they are out of metal or certain parts I purchase from them. I can control what I make in-house.

Our business ideals are different and in my best interest I don't want my customers to think I run my business in any manner other than what I have stated. There are several customers that used Classic by Elite that are not satisfied and I am trying to work with those customers to rectify each situation. If you have had a problem please call me so I know what is going on.

Again, I wish Jay no ill will but I must do what is right for me and my company. I have been working with Jay since I purchased CR and I have let this matter go on too long and Jay knows what I am talking about. Jay worked very hard initially to promote CR products. It did not work for him and I don't know why.

This decision was no surprise to Jay. I hope everyone understands my position and my decision. Thanks
Don
Old 02-21-2005, 09:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Daytona Coupe done to replicate CSX-2299 at the '64 LeMans
Not Ranked     
Talking

sounds like Jay is more suited to be Shelby dealer! LOL

http://www.rehobothproperties.com/coupe.htm
Old 02-21-2005, 09:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey, that was cold relaxinrob,,,,, funny though!

I wish the best for Jay in his buisness over all.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     

Just goes to show just how good Don and Ed really are! Thanks Don for being so open and letting everyone know about what's going on.

Who is John Galt?
Old 02-21-2005, 12:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Wasn't Jay the same young man working for Honda or something that was Ed's partner and driver of the famed Double Venom Cobra at Run and Gun?

Am I getting my facts mixed up?
Old 02-21-2005, 01:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jay was an engineer for Honda for many years and he did drive the DV1 at the Run And Gun in St. Louis. Jay and DV weren't partners for very long. Ed stayed around to finish some cars and help Jay.
Don
Old 02-21-2005, 05:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster with 427 center oiler
Not Ranked     

Don

About this Canadian distributor. I realize there are privacy issues while deals are still in the works. However could you email me at Cobra427@mnsi.net with as much info as you are allowed to reveal. I am very interested. If you can't, I understand.

Paul
Old 02-22-2005, 10:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Who is the Seattle dealer?
Old 02-22-2005, 10:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The guy in Seattle isn't a full dealer yet. I'm using him for sales at this time. His name is Martin Bydalek. He will be attending most of the major shows in CA. with his car. Great guy.
Don
Old 02-22-2005, 11:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Does he have a biz name?