Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Excaliber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2006, 07:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Car cover

Hello all. I was wondering what you guys use as a car cover. Do any of the generics work? Thanks in advance.
David.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, CHP 427w Streetfignter, Injected Venom.Mass-Flo...550 hp , 550 torq..spec pulley sys..
Not Ranked     
Default car cover

David.......go take a look at Calif Car Covers....not sure exactly where to go. but most good places have them...and they are to be pretty nice!

fred z
Old 08-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR - 351 / 385 hp
Not Ranked     

I'm real happy with the one I bought from Finishline
Old 08-13-2006, 09:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thank you both for the reply. I was concerned that the larger body of the CR would not work with the generics. Thanks,
David
Old 08-13-2006, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 302LW
Not Ranked     

Calif Car cover fits CR Cobra fine.Its nice to leave
the car out all day ,and not have a blistering seat
and steering wheel!
Old 08-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Griot's Garage, got all kinds, some are VERY expensive! Lifetime guarentee, buy it ONCE! I'm getting a new one from them this week, mine is over two years old and showing it's age. They will repair or replace as needed. I put my old one in a box, left it just outside the front door marked: "UPS Pickup". UPS ships it back to Griot's and they ship a new one (or repaired one) back to you!

HOW EVER, they don't have the specifications for a COBRA in their listings. To get a perfect fit you need to ask for the 'measurment' kit (they will send it to you), take the measurments and send THAT back for your first order. EACH cover is custom made. BIG hassle, long wait, cost a lot, but worth all the trouble for me.

I got the 'All Weather' because it's light weight, comes off quickly and stores in the trunk, about $300.

UPDATE:
Calif Car Covers get THERE covers from the SAME manufacturer as Griot's Garage. UNLESS Calif Car Covers has the CORRECT template for a COBRA you will have a problem getting one that FITS! Griots does NOT have an 'item number' for a Shelby Cobra. The first one they sent me was for a SHELBY MUSTANG. I just called them and asked for them to e-mail me their home user 'template' kit instructions. Measure from the headlights to the front wheel, top of the windshield, point A to point B, etc, etc. ONCE we get THAT data nailed down (and I will post it here somewhere) then getting a cover that FITS should be much easier than what I went through. Regardless of WHO you order it from.

Finishline DOES have correct covers, but their selection is limited to indoor use only (dust covers).

If Calif Car Cover fits a C.R., then it aint the RIGHT cover for a COBRA built to original specs! It should fit like a glove, a C.R. is to big... If it don't fit, you must acquit.
RedHawk likes this.

Last edited by Excaliber; 08-13-2006 at 05:06 PM..
Old 08-13-2006, 05:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 302LW
Not Ranked     

[quote]If Calif Car Cover fits a C.R., then it aint the RIGHT cover for a COBRA built to original specs! It should fit like a glove, a C.R. is to big... If it don't fit, you must acquit.[/QUOTE

Hey I resemble that remark!
Old 08-14-2006, 09:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ffr2046
Not Ranked     

ditto on the ca car cover...but remember don't cover until exhaust is cool; it will do just as much damage to the cover as it has to your shins!
Old 08-14-2006, 06:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnspeed 351W
Not Ranked     

I found a website that seems to have a nice collection. I am buying one now. I will let you know how it turns out.
http://www.carcoverworld.com/factoryfivecobra.asp