Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 06:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

So you know,
I have put Ital-cobra (Joseph) to work for me. Joseph is to try and find at least five guys comitted to a top, me included. I do have a CRII top in my shop and I have thought about this long and hard. I am in an area that I could have these duplicated but I need at least five tops to get the metal guys and the upholsterer involved. IF we can get enough committed guys to do this I will have them made-all of them in 30 to 45 days including the bows. Maybe's, propbably's wont work as this is coming out of my pocket- the Mrs. has threatened death if I use our funds!

Bottom line: five tops, say $250.00 balance on each top and I will get started. Balance due before shipping. I do not know the final cost but assume it will be a little LESS or equeal to a CRII top.
What say you?
DV
PS Don't anybody send any money until this is a done and committed deal!
Old 03-11-2008, 11:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic roadesters ltd, 302, T5
Not Ranked     

I will be building my CR soon, I would be interested in a soft top depending on final costs.

I have a fiberglass top from a 67 MG convert. I am thinking of doing some modifications to make it fit my CR. anyone ever hear of such. with the top just sitting on the cobra it seems possible.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Emerson cobra, 460 550HP
Not Ranked     

DV, looks like we have some people intrested...guys lets get this done...if you know of anyone else that is looking for tops please send them my way I'll keep them posted.

Thanks Joseph
Old 03-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster, 408 LSX
Not Ranked     
Default CR conv. top

DV,
Would the tops all be black or would there be other options.
Thx,
Greg
Old 03-12-2008, 04:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

COLORS;
Good question, unless the upholsterer has to order just enough material for 'a' top I'm sure that all the standard colors are available. Possibly even more. I will be using a professional Boat top upholsterer. (They make bimini tops for all the boats from cruisers to flybridge models.) I am ASSUMING white of course, black, blues, browns, etc. But if there are enough orders for tops in general I will then approach them seriously, get the colors available and put together a realistic price for the metal work, tops, zippers etc, so we have a total price.

In case it was misunderstood, no money wanted now please, just solid commitments, when all the details are taken care of and an order is placed then I will need the deposits.
More questions?
DV
Old 03-12-2008, 08:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster, 408 LSX
Not Ranked     
Default Soft Top Ferrules

DV,
I'm just not picturing what you are describing with the tubing installed in the body. Is there some sort of head sticking out above the body surface. I saw a CR last week at a gathering and he had them in the doors for a tonneau top.
Thx,
Greg
Old 03-12-2008, 08:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Greg,
there are two bows needed to fit into the body and give the top a no wrinkeled look, plus they are needed at 'speed' or the top will just blow in the wind. The windows have a steel/aluminum frame work sewed in so they too will retain their shape. Each window has a marine "plastic" zipper so that they can be opened. The windows, sides and the three in the back are of top quality marine visqueen. The tops Don provided were first class and I assure you these will have to be done as or better than the originals.
DV
Old 03-12-2008, 08:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Maybe this bigger picture will help a little, with the steel frames in the windows theycan be used by themselves!

DV
Old 03-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

DV,
Is there a standard patern for the snaps/pins on the body. Mine already has pins insalled from the previous owner. My guess is that I would need to remove the existing pins, fill the holes and repaint before trying to install a new top.

Terry
Old 03-12-2008, 10:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Here's a rear view of the top hope this helps.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Terry,
The pin snaps were supposed to follow a patern, which I will try to duplicate, BUT each top had the rear snaps a little off from car to car. With luck no filling and re-drilling would be necessary, but then again....(Don't fill/re-drill unless necessary!)
DV
P.S. if you have a standard sized 4-point roll bar from side to side then you probably don't even need to use the bows. The long roll bar really works well!
Old 03-13-2008, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster II, 351 windsor, Tremmec T-5
Not Ranked     
Default Also needing a soft top

Hello Ed (DV),
Don and Pete at CRII managed to get every part delivered to me (much totheir credit) over the past two years that were owed me,......except the soft top.
I knew they lost their supplier and were working to find a replacement, but no top. And now no CRII for all practical purposes.
I would like to eventually have a soft top , and would have been interested in your proposed joint venture to secure them, but I'll have to wait to see if I can at least get my $1500 refunded by Don once he clears himself from his current dilemma. (I'd much rather get the top from him than the money, but I think I'm looking up a dead horse's ass).
So....I'm not signing up just yet, just expressing another owner's desire to have a "roof". Tom
Old 03-13-2008, 07:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Tom,

I hope you come onboard with this one I need a top soon... I'm about to go to paint and I dont want to mess with trying to fit a top once my paint is finished.

Joseph
Old 03-14-2008, 03:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tom,
I understand, believe me I do, being out the mpney is tough too. That's why I will take no money but a simple deposit when I actually have the orders then COD to me. We have a lot of guys, like yourself, but you can see why I can not committ until we are on solid ground.
Hang in there.
DV
Old 03-15-2008, 11:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters; 351w, Crane Cam, AFR 185's
Not Ranked     

DV,

I'm in!! Black, please.

Do you have any rough idea as to timing? I'd like to have it before the middle of June for my annual trip to London, OH.

Let me know what I need to do re: money, etc.

Thanks!
Dwain
Old 03-15-2008, 01:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This makes three solids- Need two more before I can approach the other manufacturers. Shouldn't take but a few weeks once we get at least 5 on board.

The only day of gloom is see in front of us is if I have to install the top that I have in shop and send it homne before we are ready to go! (I definately need one to copy from.)
DV
Old 03-15-2008, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey DV things are looking good ....I'm sure there 's more people out there that would like a top

Lets do it guys
Old 03-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 351W -> 392
Not Ranked     

DV
put me down for some interest. Based on my last communication (1+ yr ago with (IMO) dork butt Pete Johnson) I knew that hell would freeze first. (all I wanted then was the ferrules to fills the holes I have. I am sick of answering why those are there on my painted car)

I don't expect anything from Don. He has done more with the baggage he received from that Rutherford clan, and that was 5 years ago. Our legal system sucks. Seriously.

I would need some clear specifics.

"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier."
Old 03-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 351W -> 392
Not Ranked     

oh, I have the full width roll bar Don was selling with the kit. Please tell me I won't have any trouble getting it to fit.

"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier."
Old 03-16-2008, 07:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

J.T.,
Good to hear from you-ya Pete was put into a rather hole in a rock. With the full bar you can go with OR without the top bows. What questions could I help with?
DV