Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2008, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     
Default Ohh, c'mon-this is getting boring

Who's doing what? Might as well talk about our cars until we can get some new ones going!
DV
Old 06-05-2008, 10:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

I'll tell you what...be careful about chopping up jalapeno peppers. I chopped just the tip of one last night and I even washed my hands afterwards. During dinner I rubbed my eyelid and wow the burn started, I then licked the tip of my thumb because it started stinging and wow now my tongue was on fire. An hour later I went to the bathroom to relieve myself and the burn started down there too. I'll wear gloves next time, those things are dangerous. Sorry a bit off topic. I'll go work on my car now.

John
Old 06-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, 347 Tri-power Stroker
Not Ranked     

Ed,

Some time ago, I read a lengthy article about your DV build - not sure if it was from a magazine or something you posted.

Do you have a link to it?

Thanks,

Dan Stryffeler
Old 06-05-2008, 11:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII 351W/408 Stroker
Send a message via AIM to capteddie
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Venom View Post
Who's doing what? Might as well talk about our cars until we can get some new ones going!
DV
DV,

Any new pictures of that bad *ss cobra your working on?

Ed

PS > see you Saturday around 11am your time.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSnaka View Post
I'll tell you what...be careful about chopping up jalapeno peppers. I chopped just the tip of one last night and I even washed my hands afterwards. During dinner I rubbed my eyelid and wow the burn started, I then licked the tip of my thumb because it started stinging and wow now my tongue was on fire. An hour later I went to the bathroom to relieve myself and the burn started down there too. I'll wear gloves next time, those things are dangerous. Sorry a bit off topic. I'll go work on my car now.

John
I once was in a room in Peru where they brought in some goat...with "aji" peppers on it. Everyone's eyes in the room started to water. The air smelled like it was on fire...maybe it was. The next day I ended up in a Peruvian hospital! Oh man, those were the days! The gringos didn't call those peppers "aji" they called them...well, I can't print that!

David
"Fear is the thief of dreams."
Old 06-05-2008, 01:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dan,
I don't have a link to it although there are pics of DV & a DVII in my gallery.
At the time both Kit Kar magazines did a pretty nice job of covering ithem but that's been a while ago. I think the latest spread they did was on a DV II owned by Nick Weidner. Anything in particular you would like to know?

DV
Old 06-05-2008, 01:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dan,
Nothing on the net that I know of. Both Kit Car magazines both covered it when it was new and a few follow ups. The last story that I know of was one of a DVII owned by Nick Weidner. Tell you what I'd like to build another one........
John & David, I've got to try "one" of those pepers before end times!

Ed,
You mean this one?

DV

Last edited by Double Venom; 06-05-2008 at 02:10 PM..
Old 06-05-2008, 02:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII 351W/408 Stroker
Send a message via AIM to capteddie
Not Ranked     

SWEET!!!!!!!

Thanks for the pic DV!!!
Old 06-05-2008, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster; 351W
Not Ranked     

I am building a splined / blade adjsutable nascar type sway bar for the front. You gave me the idea DV. I'll post pics later when I get it done.

Thats a nice looking hotrod your working on DV. That is Ed's I assume?
Old 06-05-2008, 04:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank you Curt,
Gonna have to fire the guy that mounted the rack! The bushings are in backwards.
If you look at the front behind the radiator mount you can see the piece I build to mount the remotes.
DV
Old 06-05-2008, 06:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Default hey Ed

good to hear from you and a great opportunity to say that there is going to be some amazing news coming soon that might shake some things up film at eleven very soon.

Jay

Run & Gun participant 1998-2005
Old 06-05-2008, 06:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jay,
How the heck are you- Missed you you old Hillbilly Texan!
DV
Old 06-05-2008, 06:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Venom View Post
DV
Ed I was not trying to change the world, or pull your string ,I had a question on my replica from Don, with how Don titled his replicas ,same car, same package ,same vintage #, on replicas different years on title with in four months, on replicas , calm down I need you to help me finish my crII, you are awesome in the knowledge of how to build them. you really need to do a cd on how to build them,the manual does not give me enough to finish the car .and with out any support from crII, only one returned phone call in seven months,
and the parts that I paid for nine month ago ,with the promise that If I paid up front that I would have the whole kit in two weeks,and that was the deal closer , as soon as the check cleared , Pete changed the story and said six weeks, then two months later he said to come pick up the whole kit , I rented a 26 foot truck and drove 526 miles and got part of the first two phases,when I was to get the full roller kit ,the truck was loaded when the first word on back ordered parts was said ,they have all my money to finish the car tied up in broken promises , I paid for the plus kit and am still missing key parts that stop me at every turn , this is to tell Don that advice from a lawyer is NOT a gag order it is just what the lawyer wants . Bill and Hillary Clinton are lawyers and liars . what are you!! You have the freedom of speech to say anything ,anywhere ,at anytime . A judge can give a gag order but you do not have one ,at this time I need to move forward. Don what do you what to do. I need to replace the parts you owe me . and its been long enough. Sorry DV this was pulling my string. DV I really do need your input. sorry I needed to vent. Dave
Old 06-05-2008, 08:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Default Ed, no hills to speak of in Texas

but in the next few days some news may even be a reason for us to talk again. How's the family?

been a while...if you get froggy call me at 972-742-2594.

Jay

Run & Gun participant 1998-2005
Old 06-06-2008, 03:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kawika,
Please, I did not mean to pull your string at all! I guess all of our strings are getting shorter! Fella, I hope you know you can call me anytime- 7 days a week (I'm in the shop that many days!) all the way up to 10:30PM (EST). I have been in your shoes, truly, I lost 3 kits that were paid in full back when Rutherford did his thing to hundreds of us. I truly hate to see it coming again.
Heck I started this thread so we could all vent a llittle and help where I can.

1-231-869-4608, put it in your phone book and don't be hesitant! Heck I may not be able to help but I've got a great ear!
Kawika, sounds to me like you should have two or three more pages of venting to do and what better place to do it? If you can handle my typing and my ratteling on by all means.....vent!

As most of you know I have the privilege of building Cpt.Eddies rolling chassis- if you have any questions on how, what, when this is a great time to ask. With Eds' permission, (and camera) I am using his car as a base for a new manual/CD. Please if you have SUGGESTIONS or questions lets cover as many as we can now! Couple of guys have already called me and made some great suggestions over the older builds and they are incorporated already in Ed's car.

Next I will be covering the actual mounting of the body, door alignmrnt, (don't miss this one) it will save you as much as 12 hours of aggravating work) hood and trunk and what I think is the proper order to make it easier all the way around!

As I said for years, "We are family", we can get through this and all have one of the most awesome replicas on the street! This I vow!
DV

P.S. Jay..........what are you up too now?
It may get worse-heavon forbid-before it gets better but it WILL get better!
Old 06-06-2008, 06:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

DV,

As long as you created a thread on venting I thought that I would chime in. What in the HE!! is with the carpet kits. How can the carpet kits be so screwed up. Are the carpet kits ment to be so oversized that you have to cut them to fit? Even where they have the bindings on them. Especially for a guy like me that is a little large (arn't we all a little), have arthritis in my hands and have had a minor stroke. You would think that as long as CR's have been around, there could have been a carpet kit (that sells with a vehicle) that actually fit. I am going to have to take the carpet kit and my Cobra to a shop and have it done correctly. My better half says that I am too much of a perfectionst. That may be so, I just want it right and I feel that if you get a carpet kit from a manufacture that it at least should be close. I know that I borrowed Wetdogs carpet and had it duplicated but is there that much of a differance in the cars. I laid the rough patterns that I made off of Hray's carpet on WD's carpet and they were very close. WD's was a little longer in spots, but that was where there was no binding.

Ok I am going to take a breath now.
Thanks for the vent thread DV

Terry
Old 06-06-2008, 06:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Terry,
From a guy in the same boat (Stroke-almost major but I was lucky- Ya-all get your blood pressure checked NOW!) The carpet was made for the original car. When the floors and the frames started to change, Leizure Industrieds nor Don never changed it- Shame on both of them! I ended up buying street rod carpeting in rolls and laying it myself, Fortunately my wifes machine can do what binding is necessary, but the carpet needs to be redone!
DV
Old 06-06-2008, 07:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII
Not Ranked     

Sorry to vent I live in a small town of 3500 and there are three cobra's here ,all orderd at the same time,the two on the road from factory 5 . and most of mine is in my cabinet shop and guest room, I have guest now, and the cabinet's are my business. I need the room .and with the guest I promised them a car when here , So I rented a golf cart for them and am hearing too many jokes about the kit cars don't look like the "real cobra". and I will never hear the end of this from my wife when I promised her this car will be running and out of her house by march . the rest of my life I will hear " like when you wanted to build a car." the problem with my dream car is it's still only a dream
With that said. Ed you are right lets leave the crying to the babys and LET'S build nice cars
the parts that I am missing are from the crII plus kit, and I can't cover all the part at one time, so just to get the body on first, then do what I can , any one that can help me find any of these parts would be helpfull thanks to all that can help.
front coil overs, rear coil overs w/spacers, prop valve, fuel sending unit w/ pick-up, throttle cable, radiator filler neck, wiper package, seat tracks ,neat knobs w/ install kits
fender guards, convertible top ,3.5 fuel well, E-brake boot and bezel ,glove box weildment, and gas pedal .I know that CRII has not had bumper hoops as part of there kits but I would like to look into them THANKS AGAIN Ed Dave
Old 06-06-2008, 07:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, 347 Tri-power Stroker
Not Ranked     

Ed,

Thanks, but no - nothing I needed to know in particular. I just thought it was a very interesting read and I like to keep links to that kinda "stuff" (builds, Kirkham interviews, lost Daytona Coupe, etc.)

Thanks,

Dan
Old 06-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Kawika,
I have the throttle cable that came with my motor that I got from CRII when I ordered it. I used the stock one that I already had so you can HAVE that one if you want it. Just pay the shipping. Should not be much thru the post office.

As far as the bumper hoops, are you talking about the piece that bolts where the bumperettes are and then surround the nose (grill opening). I have a front one but not the rear. Its no use to me to have one and not the other. It is chrome and I will let it go for $100.00 plus shipping. I also have Quick Jacks that I made for the CR (3 1/2" bolt pattern) 3 sets in steel and 1 in polished stainless. You can check out Masnaka's photos. He has a set of the stainless polished ones on his Cobra. They are one of the sets that I made from a traced pattern from Masnaka. Also there is a rough blueprint of them in my photos. PM me if you need any of it.