Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself) (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Almost a new cobra owner! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/101691-almost-new-cobra-owner.html)

bandito 12-26-2009 11:45 AM

Almost a new cobra owner!

Well...I plan on being a new cobra owner in the next few months. I'm just narrowing down my search...cobra hunting if you will. I actually own a Fabrication/custom shop in Lincoln, CA however, my reasons for posting are personal not professional. We deal mainly with off road vehicles and specialize in Ultra 4 race buggies. So...unless someone is looking to lift a cobra, I'm not going to be too much help!

That being said, I think I've settled on the RT3B from backdraft.... I just need to figure out what engine.

Eric

Got the Bug 12-26-2009 12:11 PM

Hey Eric,

Congrats on the pending purchase of the BDR!

Someone posted a picture of a 4 wheel drive Cobra once...can't remember if it was real or photoshopped. :D

bandito 12-26-2009 02:25 PM

That would be interesting for sure....all wheel drive would be a huge challenge in this car

Cashburn 12-26-2009 02:26 PM

Eric,
Good to see you over here for some research. Though the concept of a blown modular is not the most popular here, there is plenty of good info on the traditional powerplants.

bandito 12-26-2009 03:14 PM

HA HA and if you check your in box, I think I just emailed ya. I've always wanted a cobra and used to race modular mustangs, so I've always had a bit of a soft spot for em. I've also always thought an injected 427 would be cool!

Seagull81 12-26-2009 08:26 PM

Congratulations on your upcoming purchase. Be sure to post us some pictures!

Ozgur_Tan 12-26-2009 09:49 PM

Hi Eric
i thought that scratch built would be an alternative with your all manufacturing capabilities
just buy *bra body from 3rd party and built the rest
RAM from UK has got 4x4 *bra option with "ford sierra 4x4" suspension parts
Regards
Ozgur

bandito 12-26-2009 10:24 PM

Yeah, that was originally my plan. However even in this economy we are busy....really busy. We just stepped into a new market: Race prep. Beyond the standard custom fabrication of a tube chassis, we are stepping into "Race Prep" This basically means that we take your of road race vehicle, and get it ready. There are varying levels to this, from the basic fluid/bolt check, to the full strip of the vehicle with any repair and replacing of whatever random part you may need. Don't get me wrong, I have some plans to do some customizing of my own to her, but as far as the engine install, I don't have time at the moment, and it would cost me about as much to put my guys down as it would to have someone else do it. Since I have a machine shop at my disposal, I have some ideas....if they work, and look viable I will definately become a vendor.

Eric

rustyBob 12-27-2009 08:20 PM

bandito.........welcome to CC..........
I'm originally from Sacto,Ca........
been to Lincoln many a time........
the injected 427 gets my vote.......

bandito 12-30-2009 09:14 PM

Well, just sent my deposit off today to Vintage Motors....now the fun begins!

Eric

Cashburn 12-31-2009 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandito (Post 1013971)
Well, just sent my deposit off today to Vintage Motors....now the fun begins!

Eric

Eric,
I've got work to do. :eek: We have 2 very unique cars getting built in yours and another order placed this week. It will be fun to share them on the Backdraft Forum.

I'd welcome you to the madness, but based on your current business you were already neck deep. :LOL:

bandito 01-01-2010 08:32 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about it. I've got a cruise to do with my uncle and a few of his buddies this April, so I can't wait. He has a FFR cobra with a 427. The plan is to meet in Reno, and drive to Vegas and then home again via the coast....long drive and can't wait! As far as neck deep, yeah...that could say the least. I've got a customer bringing his Class 1 in for race prep for the San Felipe 250 and we are finishing the design for another Class 7 for the 2010 Baja 1000...which is a point to point race this year, instead of a loop like last year.

Slow Dawg 01-01-2010 09:13 PM

If my poor old memory is correct, I think that 4x4 was actually a Bronco II rolling chassis with a body made to fit.

bandito 01-09-2010 10:39 PM

WOOOOOHOOOOO Got the word that they got the deposit and the roller and engine are ordered!

bandito 01-15-2010 08:11 PM

Proud new owner of BDR #821! Wooooo Hoooooo!

Eric

Got the Bug 01-15-2010 08:27 PM

Congratulations Eric!!

What color? What engine are you going to go with?

BDR879 01-15-2010 08:56 PM

Congrats Bandito!!!

We're practically cousins:D. I just purchased BDR 879 (Indigo blue / white). should arrive at the end of january. I came REAL close to getting the RT3B with the Black Magic/sterling silver/red pin color combo, but decided to go the traditional route. The RT3B are ridiculously stunning.

Keep us posted!!

bandito 01-17-2010 08:56 AM

It's an RT3b black with grey/red stripes and as far as engine.... I know it's sacralige (sp?) to most here, but I went with Roush's supercharged 3V engine, and a T-56 trans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got the Bug (Post 1018933)
Congratulations Eric!!

What color? What engine are you going to go with?

Cashburn 01-17-2010 09:53 AM

Eric is building a unique car here, one of our first Black Mamba orders. It is a new RT3B from Backdraft with a Roushcharged 4.6 3V engine setup. Also taking advantage of a new Tremec Magnum T-56 to get 6 options to spin the tires in (7 if he wants to try it in reverse). Photo gallery is here:

http://www.vintage-motorsports.com/gallery/BDR821

About a week away from major progress/arrival of chassis.

http://www.vintage-motorsports.com/b...mba_banner.jpg

BDR879 01-17-2010 10:39 AM

As I stated before....RIDICULOUSLY MEAN CAR. :D:D.......That was on my finalist list.......Maybe I need to order another one :3DSMILE:

Keep us posted on the build