Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 04:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Roadster - Delivery late April 2011, 302 small block
Not Ranked     
Smile A slight delay

August 1986 I purchased a complete frame from Shell Valley motors. I had a ford 9" shortened. June 2010 it is time to continue. After many years of kids, jobs and time spent doing other things I have decided, with the encouragement of my wife, to continue with the build.

This delay seems fortuitous as I understand that Transport Canada has virtually put the brakes on the importation of kit cars deeming them cars and subject to all current motor vehicle safety standards but because I already have the frame and most major suspension components I will only be sourcing the body etc from the US.

Yesterday was the day the frame came out from its tomb under the deck. I pressured washed it and inspected it for rust. Only damage was the loss of one lower control arm (stock mustang 2) and a small mounting bracket. So as of this week the fun begins. I am anticipating a 18 to 24 month build time.

I will be here asking lots of questions and seeking advice.

It is good to be started again.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 Superformance w/392 stroker
Not Ranked     

Best of luck with the build. There are a few of us Cobra guys in Ottawa. You might it really helpful to hook up with the FFR builders in town (check out the Canadian section on www.ffcars.com). The guys get together now and then for BBQs and help each other out with their builds.

Last edited by SunDude; 06-29-2010 at 06:28 PM..
Old 06-29-2010, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default A change

After further research I have decided not to continue the build with my existing Shell Valley frame and instead have decided to start afresh with the Factory Five kit.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quick update.

Two weeks ago I put the deposit down on an FFR Roadster and will drive to the factory in late April to pick-up thus saving over $2000 in transport, crating and brokerage fees. Although a 5-6 month lead time seems like a lot I did it so I could take advantage of the fall sale. I went with powdercoating on the frame, body cutouts and ponied up for the 3-link rear suspension.

Now I just need to find something for idle hands to do while winter passes. I have already bought and stripped down a 1990 donor 5.0 mustang and cleaned and applied POR-15 to all the parts. In january the rear end and transmission will both go in for full inspection and a freshening.

The engine out og the mustang is showing 175lb across all 8 cylinders so I haven't decided yet whether to tear it down.

Now I wait.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     
Default You must have the patience of a saint..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Years-on View Post
Quick update.

Two weeks ago I put the deposit down on an FFR Roadster and will drive to the factory in late April to pick-up thus saving over $2000 in transport, crating and brokerage fees. Although a 5-6 month lead time seems like a lot I did it so I could take advantage of the fall sale. I went with powdercoating on the frame, body cutouts and ponied up for the 3-link rear suspension.

Now I just need to find something for idle hands to do while winter passes. I have already bought and stripped down a 1990 donor 5.0 mustang and cleaned and applied POR-15 to all the parts. In january the rear end and transmission will both go in for full inspection and a freshening.

The engine out og the mustang is showing 175lb across all 8 cylinders so I haven't decided yet whether to tear it down.

Now I wait.
Awesome, congratulations. tin-man
Old 12-02-2010, 07:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK III,462 FE/TKO 600, IRS w/3.27
Not Ranked     
Default I understand......

24 yrs........I know what you mean! Life happens!

I've had a '55 Bel Air since '82, and its still not on the road. It sat under a tarp for yrs while I was raising 3 kids, going to every sporting event/musical/etc. that you can imagine, and then put every one of them thru college, out of pocket, w/o student loans. The '55 was at the bottom of the priority list. I was able to find time to work on it and spend a few $$'s on it occasionally, but it still needs a lot of stuff (glass, interior, paint, etc). It will be a hotrod/mild custom when I'm done. Now, its on the back burner again, because I'm building my FFR roadster. I figured I could get the roadster completed and on the road quicker/sooner and be enjoying it, and finish the '55 later. I've been working on the roadster 2.3 yrs, now in go-kart mode, and close to installing the body. My wife (like yours) is very supportive and just wants me to get one of them finished so we can go for a ride!

You are on the right track! Congrats!!

FFR#6143 Mk III: FE 462" w/four 48 IDA Weber's w/TKO 600 .82, IRS w/3.27, 17" Team III's w/245/45's & 315/35's. Gas N's.

Picked it up end of Aug '08
First start May 12, '10
First go kart May 26, '10
Tag & title 5-26-11, driving in gel coat
Painted Nov 2015

'05 Harley Wide Glide (60 hp stock, now 107 hp & 107 ft/lbs at wheel. Mid 11's in the 1/4 mi.)
'55 Bel Air hot rod project (WIP)