Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 08-27-2010, 02:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default B&b

Hi John, If you are going to make a road trip please try and Stop by the factory at B&B I would love to show you our car, I will post a few shots of our frame and body for you to look at also keep in mind we have a complete kit assembled all tubular front end narrowed 9" ford rear windshield wiring lights steering gas tank bumpers gauges everything installed and the body work is all done and In Primer 16,995.

Bryan
www.bandbroadster.com
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2010, 03:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Anderson View Post
Hi John, If you are going to make a road trip please try and Stop by the factory at B&B I would love to show you our car, I will post a few shots of our frame and body for you to look at also keep in mind we have a complete kit assembled all tubular front end narrowed 9" ford rear windshield wiring lights steering gas tank bumpers gauges everything installed and the body work is all done and In Primer 16,995.

Bryan
www.bandbroadster.com
I tried to call you yesterday. Left a message with the first call. When is a good time to contact you.

John
Old 08-27-2010, 06:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates (2001)
Not Ranked     

I sent you a PM
Old 09-05-2010, 08:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison- 351C
Not Ranked     

Hi John,
First of all, Welcome! I think you'll find this sight much more excepting of "newbies". You are going to get as many answers to your questions as there are members here, but they will mostly be sincere and with good intention.
To address your question...There ARE several fantastic cars out there. As Dwight said, it is cheaper to buy an existing car and "tweak it" than to build one from the ground up. You just have to be very careful and have it checked by someone who you can trust. Personally, I would not worry about the location of the company as much as which one produces the one that is "right" for you. I have friends in our local club that are similar to you in stature who have Factory Fives, Uniques, Everett-Morrison's and a Hurricane and they all love them. I would definantly look for one that offers elongated footboxes. I have an E-M with them and I installed adjustable seats and a tilt steering wheel which gives considerably more room. As far as a top, well, it depends...here in the South it's nice to have the soft top option to carry in the trunk because we are notorous for our "pop up" summer rain showers. I have one friend who has a Unique and one with a Hurricane and they really enjoy their hardtops in the winter (which get into the teens and 20's here). Vintage Air makes a great unit with both heat and air. My experience is that if you stick with a small block such as a 302 or 351w you shouldn't have the overheating problems that generally come with the large blocks. Besides, the small blocks can be extremely fast, sound great and are easy to build and find parts for. If you opt for the Vintage air I do suggest shrouding the fan and putting the battery in the trunk for better air flow (this also declutters the engine compartment making it that much easier to work on). I hope this is of some help to you. Good luck and enjoy the ride.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmt View Post
I think part of my problem is going to be that I don't know what's out there and what's available. I know what I want, maybe. I want a reliable daily driver type. I don't need monster HP. I want a relatively simple build , nothing exotic. I saw one BEAUTIFUL machine where over 1000 hours was put into the electrical alone. Fantastic hidden job. I'm basically an electrical idiot. I'm a very good mechanic on the old school stuff. I can make anything "go". Strong knowledge of Ford engines(old school) manual gear boxes and running gear. Strong background in common sense mechanics.
I think I would like the newer style 4.6 DOHC strictly from an appearance angle. They look cool but it's back to the electrical/computer thing. What's greater looking though than a 302 with Webers? I don't have the knowledge base in these cars to make an informed decision. I'm right at 6' and 225, so while not real tall, I'm no midget either. I'm going to be 59 next time around so a little comfort like heat and air and probably a soft top will be in order also. I sort of know what I want , just not how to get it all together. Too bad the next Knotts Berry show isn't until next year. I'd like to be well into my build by then.
I really would like some recommendations for manufacturers, and why. I've been warned off one of the big ones by several dis-satisfied customers, all gripes were centered around missing parts and little to no customer service after the sale. I don't want to deal with that sort of problem from 4000 miles away.

John
It's been said a hundred times on this forum, "cheaper to buy than to build in today's Cobra market."

Drive today and change things in the winter.

But if you want to build then take make a list of the things you want in your Cobra. Search the companies and narrow down the list, then go visit.

The best thing is asking the guys on this forum
Old 09-14-2010, 09:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cutting Edge Replicas, 427 World block SBF, TWM Injection
Not Ranked     

Have you visited the Bay Area Cobra weekly breakfast or the Northern Cal monthly meetings? Cobras on the Coast this weekend? I would also guess that there will be quite a few cobras at the Livermore show Sept 25. I would rather check out the Hooters meet coming up in the South Bay Sept 25.
Always a few cobras at the Good Guys show in Pleasanton.

http://www.bayareacobraclub.com/
Shell Valley Daytona #27
Old 09-14-2010, 10:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_SN888KE View Post
Have you visited the Bay Area Cobra weekly breakfast or the Northern Cal monthly meetings? Cobras on the Coast this weekend? I would also guess that there will be quite a few cobras at the Livermore show Sept 25. I would rather check out the Hooters meet coming up in the South Bay Sept 25.
Always a few cobras at the Good Guys show in Pleasanton.

http://www.bayareacobraclub.com/
I'm only an hour South of Livermore and have wanted to do the Rock House thing but haven't been able to actually contact anyone about the Saturday morning gathering. Is the Livermore show the 25th or 26th? I have something going for the 25th but might be able to get out for the 26th.
I went to the last good guys show and was able to talk to a couple of guys. I really wanted to see the guys at the Ford racing display and they were a no show. With the cost of the show and parking overall it was pretty disappointing. Thanks for the tips. I'll surf arounfd the link you sent and see what I can come up with.

John
Old 10-04-2010, 12:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: No idea yet. Help!!!
Not Ranked     
Default New guy here

My name is Luis, and I just bought a Cobra from Ray Skillman Collector Car Sales which is located in Indiana. My question is, how do I know the manufacturer of the kit? I asked the Dealership and they didn't know much about it. They told me that it was a trade in and that it was built in 2000, and that the previous owner said that it had a 302 crate engine with a 5 speed transmission. Is there an easy way to know who is the manufacturer of the kit? Maybe by wheel base distance? It still needs some cosmetic work, but i thought it will be a good starting point on having something that i would enjoy having as a daily driver and that i can make it my own. I downloaded some of the pictures they had in their website and i can provide that to anyone who might be able to help. I can take more pictures once the car arrives to my place, which it should be in a couple of weeks. Thank you