Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 11:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE..ROUSH 427
Not Ranked     
Default New location for superformance cobra's

Scottsdale sport has moved to a new showroom.
It is located at raintree and hayden ( s.e. Corner)
scottsdale arizona.
The former lamborghini dealership. The showroom
is spectacular and can hold 60 cars.
We are the arizona franchised dealer for superformance
and shelby cobra's .
We have 7 cars in stock right now.......check our web site.
Scottsdale Sport & Classic Motorcars - Serving Scottsdale, AZ or call our showroom 480 -596-1611
ask for john miraglia.
Consignments welcome
Old 10-17-2011, 01:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     

Your web site indicates you are selling both rollers and complete MKIII's for $42.9... is that correct ?

Last edited by Bartruff1; 10-17-2011 at 01:50 PM..
Old 10-17-2011, 02:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Is that the roller price, inflation hasnt even hit yet.

Last edited by fordracing65; 10-17-2011 at 02:24 PM..
Old 10-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

I've always liked the yellow Cobra look. Is this car, complete with a Roush 427SR, really just $42,900 as the page says? And it says it only has 2 miles on it, but you still call it "used?" 1965 Used COBRA MKIII Superformance at Scottsdale Sport & Classic Motorcars, AZ, IID 7461134
Old 10-17-2011, 04:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I've always liked the yellow Cobra look. Is this car, complete with a Roush 427SR, really just $42,900 as the page says? And it says it only has 2 miles on it, but you still call it "used?" 1965 Used COBRA MKIII Superformance at Scottsdale Sport & Classic Motorcars, AZ, IID 7461134
There's some fine print:

** Base Price does NOT reflect fees, specific dealer ordered options. motor/trans and/or install. Please call for actual list of options and current pricing **
Old 10-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
There's some fine print:

** Base Price does NOT reflect fees, specific dealer ordered options. motor/trans and/or install. Please call for actual list of options and current pricing **
Yeah, it seemed too good to be true. But why would you advertise a price for a car, that already has an engine and trans in it, but quote a price for the car without that engine or trans???
Old 10-17-2011, 05:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Yeah, it seemed too good to be true. But why would you advertise a price for a car, that already has an engine and trans in it, but quote a price for the car without that engine or trans???
I think, because you seem so very enamored with the yellow SPF, that you should inquire as to the final price with engine and trans.

While you're at it, can you ask about the F430's price too?
Old 10-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
I think, because you seem so very enamored with the yellow SPF, that you should inquire as to the final price with engine and trans.

While you're at it, can you ask about the F430's price too?
Well you're, admittedly, pretty savvy about pricing, advertising, and the like. Why would they post the $42.9K price? If I said "remove the engine and trans and I'll take the car for that price" would I still get it?
Old 10-17-2011, 09:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Well you're, admittedly, pretty savvy about pricing, advertising, and the like. Why would they post the $42.9K price? If I said "remove the engine and trans and I'll take the car for that price" would I still get it?
Touché Patrickt, well stated, lets see how the answer comes back from the dealer, I am betting it will be no.

In the trade such pricing tactics are called teaser pricing just to get the punters into the showroom.

tin-man

Last edited by tin-man; 10-17-2011 at 09:39 PM..
Old 10-18-2011, 04:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #623 460/4x2
Not Ranked     

Dealer or Troll? Those are Troll prices.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRooster View Post
Dealer or Troll? Those are Troll prices.
hmmm, sorry guys I have been in China for too long, what in the heck are Troll prices?

It will be interesting when I get back to Phoenix to visit these folks just to call their bluff.

A hypothetical encounter.....

Hi, errr, I'm here to buy that yellow Cobra for US$42,900 that you are advertising, oh, what's that you say, err, I should read the fine print, wow, so you not offering the car for US$42,900, that's the roller cost, and oh dear, so I need add another US$45,000 for the Roush polished engine and what, another US$5000 for the tranny and wait a minute, there's more, I should add another US10,000 for the installation and US$3000 for dealer fees and prep, plus another US$1000 for delivery. Wow, so lemme see now, the new drive away price for this awesome yellow Superformance gem is now up to US$106,200, oh, plus the wheels, yeah, I guess we gotta have the wheels, so I add how much, another US$2000.for the wheels, hmmm so the price is now up to US$108,900, so why didn't you state that in the first place? You see Mr. Dealer, I read your add and talked my wifey into letting me buy your yellow Cobra for the US$42,900 based on the add an that's all I got see, so whadda we do now? Err, what.....steady on........there's no need to say things like that....... what...... the door is where.....yep, and the same to you pal.

Just my imagination folks, I am sure the live pitch will be much better and extremely entertaining.

In any event the Superformance with the Roush and tranny combo will be well worth it to the guy who really wants to buy a turnkey Cobra.

No harm, no foul Mr. Mayor, its all in good fun, but remember you are advertising on Club Cobra and the members are not rubes, state the true price and let it play the course, somebody will buy it.

Just my two cents.

Cheers, tin-man
Old 10-18-2011, 08:48 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin-man View Post
No harm, no foul Mr. Mayor, its all in good fun, but remember you are advertising on Club Cobra and the members are not rubes, state the true price and let it play the course, somebody will buy it.
Now, mind you, I don't know a lot about the art of selling, but even if you do sucker somebody in to the showroom with a fake-o list price how in the heck do you ease them up to a hundred plus grand when they came in ready to drop $42k? C'mon, it's not like getting you to spring for a satellite radio, leather seats and a passenger side butt-warmer.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And the Ford GT prices are in the hunt with other retail outlets. I got my Heritage GT for what appears to be wholesale. Was offered a Tungsten with 4K miles and 35K cash to swap. If he'd gone to 50K I would have done it.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Now, mind you, I don't know a lot about the art of selling, but even if you do sucker somebody in to the showroom with a fake-o list price how in the heck do you ease them up to a hundred plus grand when they came in ready to drop $42k? C'mon, it's not like getting you to spring for a satellite radio, leather seats and a passenger side butt-warmer.
It's kinda like when a new car dealer advertises 0.0% financing OAC (on approved credit), but when you actually go into the dealership and find out that your 650 FICO score doesn't quite get you the 0.0% financing rate. Instead, you walk out with a used car and new loan with 14.9% interest.

Why is "twobjshelbys" still slumming with us Cobra plebians, when he has a FGT now? I would think he would want to hang out with Evan and the other royalty over at the FGT Forum.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Why is "twobjshelbys" still slumming with us Cobra plebians, when he has a FGT now? I would think he would want to hang out with Evan and the other royalty over at the FGT Forum.
I still have the Cobra, although that could change any day now

Cobras are still fun, just wish I had either (1) a three car garage or (2) a wife who liked it. Either case I'd be keeping it but she made it very clear that one garage space is hers this winter.

Besides, several people own both.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Either case I'd be keeping it but she made it very clear that one garage space is hers this winter.
So tell her she can have her pick of which one of your cars she wants to sleep in.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Another thing that bugs me is when an advertiser blows in here, posts a "drive by" ad, and then blows right out and doesn't even bother checking responses.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Another thing that bugs me is when an advertiser blows in here, posts a "drive by" ad, and then blows right out and doesn't even bother checking responses.
This thread reminds me of a proverb........eh, I forgot it.

Oh, now I remember.

The Mayor is from AZ, so everyone in AZ carries a loaded gun. He can post anywhere he wants.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
This thread reminds me of a proverb........eh, I forgot it.

Oh, now I remember.

The Mayor is from AZ, so everyone in AZ carries a loaded gun. He can post anywhere he wants.
Damn, I can't get You tube here in China........Patrickt, can you work your magic.....please?????

RodKnock, very true, the folks in Arizona carry weapons, thus, y'all don't a second chance to piss em off, troll pricing notwithstanding.

Cheers, John, AKA, tin-man
Old 10-19-2011, 07:06 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin-man View Post
Patrickt, can you work your magic.....please?????
Oh, it's just the scene from The Good, Bad, & the Ugly where Clint says "there's two kinds of people in the world, those with loaded guns, and those who dig." I'm not really sure why RodKnock posted it, to tell you the truth.