Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 07:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic roadster
Not Ranked     
Default New member

Just got a sebring mx kit from a friend, he had it for a long time at least 8 years it looks like i have all the peices. I am going to put it together over the winter. Any tips or tricks would be apretiated, also are any of the other kits out there share the same parts?
I have built a few hot rods already so fabrication is not a problem.
Thanks alot and from what i see on this forum there are alot of good people here. Looking forward to talking to u guys
Thanks
Ian
Old 11-19-2011, 07:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 289 FIA #690, FRPP 427 Boss engine
Not Ranked     

I built a Sebring MX in 1987, but my mind is a bit fuzzy about the build! I loved the car. It drove well handled like a dream. I remember the top working well, but severly restricting view. It did use several donor parts like a Chevette steering column (I found one from a Pontiac T1000 that was tilt), VW wipers, and roll up windows I think also came from the Chevette. The hardest part was aligning body panels, but the gel coat was beautiful (mine was dark blue). If I recall, the key alignment points were to get the fiberglass firewall and rear clip in the right position, align the doors to the rear clip, adjust the firewall if required, and then align the front clip to the doors. Close the doors, roll up the windows and align the windshield angle to the door glass. The front and rear clips ride on aluminum round stock that the bumper bolts pass through and then bolt to the sides of the chassis, so they have quite a bit of adjustment. I never cared for the cheap plastic chrome windshield post covers and front grill surround, but other than those three pieces, it was a great car. I also replaced the standard fake louvered MX hood with the Saxon (Austin Healey) hood with the scoop. I got a repop chrome scoop trim piece from Moss Motors and the Healey side chrome trim and was good to go!

Good luck with it, I had a blast!
Kirkham #690 289 FIA
Old 11-19-2011, 11:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic roadster
Not Ranked     

cool i'm looking forward to the build. will be asking a few questions as i go i'm sure. thanks
Old 11-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Hammer396,

First, welcome to CC. There is a lot of very smart guys on this forum. I am sure you will get all of the help that you can handle.

Have you checked out the Sebring owners group on Yahoo? Might get some help from there also.
Sebringowners : Sebring