Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 08-31-2013, 02:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley
Not Ranked     
Default Hello from Bama........

Hi guys I just traded for donkeykongs Shelby Valley Cobra.

I would like to say that it was a real pleasure to meet John, and his wife last weekend, as they were great people.

It was quite the adventure as I had to keep everything secret from my wife. She is wanting me to get rid of cars instead of bringing more home....lol.

Anyway, I was able to get my son to have my wife to spend the night at his house. I got up from bed at 4am that Sat, and my driver, and I loaded up my black and gold 65 Mustang fastback onto my trailer.

The plan was that I was going to have this already done on Friday, but my wife drove off in the truck so I wasn't able to change the trailer tires with the new truck tires [which came back to haunt me later], or get the Mustang on the trailer.

Anyway, as we got going we actually passed my wife going in the other direction, and SHE DIDN'T EVEN SEE US.....LOL.

So we were riding along when I noticed the rear tire on the trailer looked like it was wobbling. For which I couldn't take my eyes off it for the next 100 miles.

We pulled into a service station for gas, and to inspect the tire. I swear we thought the service station was closed as it was deserted.

I went in to pay for the gas, came out to a mini mob around the Mustang. That kinda made me nervous as we didn't have the time to kill taking to everyone who was asking about the car.

We finally got away, went 20 miles down the road, when the trailer tire blew. My buddy had brought a spare tire at my request, BUT it was a six lug wheel, not the 5 lug that was on the trailer wheel..............

So, with 18 wheelers screaming by I ended up changing out the rear Mustang wheel with the trailer wheel to make the rest of the trip.

We ended up having to meet behind a Walmart where I had to buy a new tire for the trailer.

It was really hard to see my Mustang go as I had many years of work into it, and every website I posted the question about opinions on the trade the vote was almost unanimous to keep the Mustang as it is a real car that will go up in value over the years.

But, now that I've got the Cobra I'm happy with it as its a really nice looking vehicle. I also still have five Mustangs, with three of them being 65 fastbacks [one a fiberfab], and one 67 [and Eleanor with a 540fe, and Procharger F1R].

Oh, and we did get rained on during the trip home.........lol.

PS my wife actually liked the car