Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 09:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Long time lurker finally getting off his butt...Hello everyone!

Hi everyone,

My name is Domenic Spatafora from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

I have been lurking on this site for a long time. A recent post about another forum member having a serious medical event triggered something in my head. Due to m own recent serious medical event, I realized that if I want to build a Cobra I need to get on it because I don't have unlimited time to do it.

Anyway, to bring the mood back up, I have loved Cobras since I saw my first one at a Can-am race here in Edmonton in the 70's. After seeing the first one I couldn't get it out of my head. Sitting next to Corvettes, Ferrari's and Alfa Romeos it blinded me to the others. I loved the brutal nature of the car. Yet somehow it has some delicate features. Here was a car as beautiful as the others yet didn't breakdown during the race, sounded incredible and was built solid enough to take flight in a few spots around the track. After that I found the car everywhere I looked. Newspapers, magazines, professional athletes drove them around. I also found a Bill Cosby comedy record album where he had a skit about the Cobra. I decided then that someday I would have one.

From the time I could legally own and drive cars, I spent many years as a shade tree mechanic trying to build or own lots of vehicles that at best were poor substitutes. I liked them all but could never get the Cobra out of my head.

Fast forward 40 years and hear I am. I realize now that if I want one, I could go out and buy one. But I want to impart some working skills and the same love and knowledge I have of this car to my three kids.

Going forward you will likely see me posting in the scratch building forum. I want to learn from people that are obviously as passionate as me. I apologize to all members in advance for any stupid questions. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dom
Old 11-11-2013, 09:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1950, Roush 402R, TKO600
Not Ranked     

Dom, welcome to the madness! Anything we can help you with just ask away........
Old 11-11-2013, 10:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Dax -fuel inj 383 chevy
Send a message via Yahoo to 427 sam
Not Ranked     

As above, welcome to the world of snakes , good luck with your build, I am sure I speak for all cobra lovers. post the pictures we love pictures, regards Sam from across the pond in the good old UK,
Old 11-11-2013, 11:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Welcome to the world of loud and smelly. You're gong to love owning a Cobra. The wind in your hair the rain in your face and the smell of 93 octane is hard to beat. No need to put a radio in your Cobra the mellow tones of the side pipes should suffice.

Glad you're here.

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 11-11-2013, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #448, 1964-427
Not Ranked     

Hey Dom,
Welcome aboard. As I, always wanted to build my own Cobra. So, after 40 years of waiting I made the decision to buy one already built. I realized, though I'm very mechanically inclined, worked on Classics and Corvette, I'd be about 109 before I finished the car. I researched and inspected dozens of Cobras until I found my ERA. I suggest, narrow down the builders you like to about 3. Decide Body type, engine, trans, rear, then start your search. After a few years, I found the exact ERA I was looking for, color and all. I have no regrets and love driving the car. Good luck in your search. Art Fink ERA#448
Old 11-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Dom,
Welcome aboard! Everything you could need to make your dream happen is right here with good folks that are willing to help. Best of luck on your search and don't be afraid to ask anything here. There are no dumb questions!
Old 11-12-2013, 01:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Dom,

It sounds like you already have a good start, if you have been "lurking" here for long. You have read about some of the do's and don'ts. It s always nice to see someone pursue their passion. Good luck and let us know how your project progresses when you make a decision.

Jim
Old 11-12-2013, 05:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

I wish I had known about this site before I started on my first build back in the past century (October 1999) .

Not only have I found help when I needed it,I have also made many friends through this site. I can honestly say most everyone that participates on this site is a class act and would go the extra mile to help you should you find yourself in dire straights with your Cobra. As others have said post pictures...we love to see pictures (but not on photobucket....my office blocks that site).

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 11-12-2013, 05:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     

You have some great roads to drive....That Ice Parks (?) road is spectacular.... but don't hit one of those Buffalo !!!

Last edited by Bartruff1; 11-12-2013 at 06:01 AM..