Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 01:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler #1185029:383 Stroker SBC
Not Ranked     
Default Fng

Hello Everyone,

Greetings from Canada's East Coast.

I have been lurking in the shadows here for some time because, although I bought a Cobra in August, I haven't driven or even laid eyes on the car yet and was hoping to do so before introducing myself. Looks like that is not going to happen any time soon so will jump in now hoping to get some info. from members in the Arntz/Butler Form. The car is a Butler (BR 1185029) first registered in 1986- I believe in CA. I purchased the car from seller in ON who bought it last spring from a 20+ year owner in FL. I wonder if there is anyone who may know who built the car or if there is some way I may be able to find out as I would like info. re. motor mods etc.

Previously I’ve been into motorcycles. Getting older and fearful that a day may soon come when I don’t feel so comfortable on two wheels. Hoping that this car will make that day a little easier to take.

Talking to friends since I bought the car I have been surprised by how many of them categorize Cobras as muscle cars. The emphasis seems to be on acceleration times and horsepower here also. I always thought of them as street legal race cars (ie. road course, the way Carroll raced them, not drag strip).

Bean
Old 11-11-2013, 03:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2144 with a Roush 342R (sold June 2018, but still lurking on Club Cobra)
Not Ranked     

Bean,
Congratulations on your cobra purchase and welcome to the madness. It only gets better from here!

I assume the previous owner either couldn't, or didn't, provide the necessary information during your purchase. Any chance some info. could be obtained from him?

I would suggest posting your info. request on the Arntz/Butler forum on the Club Cobra site. Granted, you posted it on Club Cobra, but not specifically on the Arntz/Butler forum. That might make a difference. Good luck on your info. search.

You're in a great location with wonderful roads and tremendous scenery to enjoy that cobra. I'm jealous!
Old 11-11-2013, 03:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler #1185029:383 Stroker SBC
Not Ranked     

Thanks Sailfish, but what about winter? I wouldn't be too jealous in November. Previous owner did supply info re. multi engine mods but mill looks completely stock except for the the custom Cobra headers and Edelbrock valve covers plus he is a car (Lexus) salesman by trade so I am looking to find some verification. I will try posting to the Arntz/Butler forum if I can find it. Thanks for the tip.