Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By motordean
  • 1 Post By Kobura
  • 1 Post By anthonyL
  • 1 Post By ajracing
  • 1 Post By priobe
  • 1 Post By Silversmith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2014, 05:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile New owner in Naples Florida

Hello,just purchased a new Backdraft Cobra with a Ford Racing 302/340.I will be taking delivery next week.This is my dream car,and would appreciate any info pertinent to first service,periodic maintenance and local clubs.Also any other info I should be aware of.I am not mechanically inclined!
Thanks!
Old 01-23-2014, 05:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance with Roush 427 R
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mole21401 View Post
Hello,just purchased a new Backdraft Cobra with a Ford Racing 302/340.I will be taking delivery next week.This is my dream car,and would appreciate any info pertinent to first service,periodic maintenance and local clubs.Also any other info I should be aware of.I am not mechanically inclined!
Thanks!
Congrats!

I am not sure on clubs down there as I am a New Yorker... The first service after about 500 miles (see what BDR recommends for time/mileage) is most important. After that, unless it is a daily driver, once a year fluid change and minor tweaks along the way if anything comes up.

Please post some pictures when you get it!
Mole21401 likes this.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft RT3 #1133, Ford Racing 306
Not Ranked     

Congratulations! I have a BDR with the same engine and am very pleased with the reliability, performance and driveability of the car. The 500 mile maintenance is important. You should definitely put it up on a rack and have everything checked for tightness and leaks. It would be good to locate a mechanic who is a hot rodder and knows carburetors.
As an aside, I found it very helpful to establish a neighborhood test drive route, one without much traffic, to drive repeatedly in order to get familiar with the car. If you have read other posts on Club Cobra regarding the uniqueness of these cars, mainly due to the short wheelbase and, in some cases, too much power, you should be aware of the need to drive conservatively.
Above all, have a blast owning a Cobra, albeit a genuine fake!
Mole21401 likes this.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #1012 BDR #1292
Not Ranked     

Congrats! My last car was same color combo! Enjoy
Mole21401 likes this.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: unique motorcars, 289 HO Sold, BDR
Not Ranked     

Cograts and welcome to the Forum. iam inthe market myself and have looked at a couple. found one, but have two concerns.Titling and the car has only a 302/ 345. how much should a car cost less with that small of a engine.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: unique motorcars, 289 HO Sold, BDR
Not Ranked     

Cograts and welcome to the Forum. I am inthe market myself and have looked at a couple. found one, but have two concerns.Titling and the car has only a 302/ 345. how much should a car cost less with that small of a engine.
Mole21401 likes this.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M Cobra Ford FE 427 w/ Webers 48 IDA
Not Ranked     

Finishline is having a show (re-grand opening) on Feb 22. The are located on the east coast just across Alligator Ally in Pembroke Pines.

Good excuse to take it on a nice trip ride
Mole21401 likes this.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 S/C W/Holmon Moody Original Nascar build #508 Iron Block/heads (C5AE-H) Bal/Blu 427 Sideoiler; 780 Holley Dbl. Pump; 4 Speed Top Loader; AP Racing Bks; IRS; 15" Trigo pins
Not Ranked     
Wink

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION THERE IS NO CURE!
Mole21401 likes this.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks all.I bought mine on EBay,brand new.The seller is a BDR rep and was absolutely wonderful to deal with.He lives 15 miles from the factory and really knows his stuff.His first name is Irwin and includes his phone number at the bottom of the listing.Titling is done by the factory,as well as all other paper work.The 302 is a perfect street driver with a ton of power.I feel the 427 is overkill unless you plan to race it.Mine will arrive by truck next week.BDR arranges all shipping for you.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajracing View Post
Cograts and welcome to the Forum. iam inthe market myself and have looked at a couple. found one, but have two concerns.Titling and the car has only a 302/ 345. how much should a car cost less with that small of a engine.
You should be prepared to pay mid to upper 40's considering how many options you are adding.That engine has more than enough power for a street driver.Trust me!