Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2014, 12:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default New member in St Petersburg fl

I'm looking at a car and would like someone's opinion on the sellers ad.
"Completed and registered in 2005. 460 cubic inches, Richmond 5 speed, narrowed 9" Ford Rear w/ Ford Traction Lock. American Racing Custom Wheels: 15x7 front w/ BF Goodrich 235/60R15, 15x10 rear w/ BF Goodrich 305/50R15. Engine: 460 cu. in. w/ Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold, Holley 750 cfm double pumper carb, Ford 288/292 cam, Full 2 inch ceramic coated headers, and Full 4 inch chromed side pipes. MSD Ignition, Lakewood bellhousing, Ram clutch, Hurst shifter, Griffin radiator, Black Magic electric fan, Fuel Safe fuel cell. Suspension: Carrera chromed coil springs over shocks - all four wheels, Wilwood disk brakes - all four wheels. Interior: Dashboard- VDO gauges mounted in solid Black Walnut wood dash. Leather seats and door panels. As you can see by the specs, this is not a Mustang donor car. Extremely well built and very driveable. More pics available. The sound of that 460 is incredible."
Old 06-16-2014, 05:37 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Manufacturer?
Old 06-17-2014, 04:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M 427 Top Oiler stroked to 482 by KC, Stage 2 heads, a Quikfuel and Voila, 640 hp
Not Ranked     

Sounds like it was built with the drag strip in mind. You're close to Bradenton if that's your thing. Not a fan of sold axle Cobra's nor the Goodrich rubber - you'll hate the tires after about 20 minutes.........
The 460 is a good motor so it boils down to price and what you're looking for.

Good luck

Tim

Douglas Adams - Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy
Old 06-17-2014, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tim, thanks for the thoughts.
I'm not looking to put it on the track if that is what is in Bradenton. I'm new to the area.
what do you mean about "sold axle cobra"?
Old 06-18-2014, 05:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M 427 Top Oiler stroked to 482 by KC, Stage 2 heads, a Quikfuel and Voila, 640 hp
Not Ranked     

Bradenton has a great drag strip and hosts the mustang nationals every winter. As for the solid axle comment, most replica Cobras have an independent rear suspension not a solid 9" Ford.
The 9" is bullet proof just not the original Cobra rear suspension. Most use Dana or Jaguar derivatives that really are better suited for handling and road racing.

BTW - I have a winter home in North Port.

Just my thoughts.

Tim

Douglas Adams - Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy
Old 06-19-2014, 06:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I am always concerned when someone "name-drops" a bunch of parts. Good parts are great to have; but how they are put together and properly set up is more important. With the car being 10 years old, you will want to take a good look at the body. Top quality paint and body will still look fine, but not all body and paint are top quality. This car may not be a mustang donor, but a lot can happen in 10 years. Good luck.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:58 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

That's why I asked what manufacturer, it makes a difference and would guide other questions and insight.