Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2015, 07:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars, Ford 427 FE Side Oiler
Not Ranked     
Smile Newbie from California

Hello there,
I've been reading posts on this forum for a while as I've been in the hunt for a Cobra and thought it was appropriated to register and contribute.

Other the past months I've been totally fanatic about the cobra and have decided to get a replica. As one could guess from my nickname it has to have a side oiler

So far I've seen a few cars incmuding a couple very nice Unique and Superformance but haven't yet found the one.

Best,
Luke
Old 12-12-2015, 10:20 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

Depending on where you live, you can visit the So Cal Cobras, Nor Cal Cobras (Sacramento), BACC (Bay area), or North Bay Cobras (Sonoma County). It's a bit quieter in the winter, but they have breakfast meets where you can see several different brands.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Welcome and as Paul said, there are a lot of Cobra groups all over the state that you can visit and see many different makes and ideas. I am most familiar with the Bay Area cobra Club as many of them came up here in the Summer for our get togethers and the big car show. You are embarking on a fun journey.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 12-13-2015, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 S/C, Ford 427 Side-oiler 2x4 bbl
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke427 View Post
Hello there,
I've been reading posts on this forum for a while as I've been in the hunt for a Cobra and thought it was appropriated to register and contribute.

Other the past months I've been totally fanatic about the cobra and have decided to get a replica. As one could guess from my nickname it has to have a side oiler

So far I've seen a few cars incmuding a couple very nice Unique and Superformance but haven't yet found the one.

Best,
Luke

You might want to include ERA in your 'want list'.

I am familiar with some *very* good street rod builders up in the Salinas CA area and after buying a ERA 427 SC, I am *totally* impressed with the build quality of this car.

I'm a perfectionist and so are the rod builders I'm familiar with. This ERA is at LEAST up to par with the guys I know, if not better. There is nothing that came out of ERA that I can find to change or improve upon. NOTHING.

Phill Pollard - Co. Springs, CA
ERA #446 427 S/C
(427FE SO 2x4/4-spd Top Loader)
Old 12-13-2015, 11:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the welcomes

I'll definitely check ERA as well and I believe I've seen the BACC stop for breakfast in Los Gatos - wanted to stop and check the car hoping to meet owners... but had two kids crying in the car
Old 12-14-2015, 07:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 1964 289->Webers
Not Ranked     

ERA makes a great looking skin. They are also well built cars with numerous options. Many cars have options that you should familiarize yourself with before you buy. Kirkham also makes a very accurate car but, with an aluminum skin & a price tag that follows that There are a lot of nice cars out there. Its really best to dig in & find out everything you can about these cars. It's pretty easy to make an uniformed & poor purchase with just about any car out there. Ask a lot of questions. We've all been through it. Good luck!
Old 12-14-2015, 08:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427, 427/487 side-oiler
Not Ranked     

I'm on the Peninsula in NorCal and have an ERA. PM me if you'd like to see it or just chat.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1436 514
Not Ranked     

Luke,

There is usually only 6 to 8 at the most in Los Gatos. Mine is a Superformance and so are one or two of the others. There are a few Factory Fives.
Clementines usually has a lot more and more variety to see.

Scott
Old 12-18-2015, 06:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF
Not Ranked     

Welcome aboard.
There is a LOT of great information in these threads coming from experience.
The guidance got me to where I needed to be with my purchase
Enjoy the emotional roller coaster ahead of you!!

B
Old 01-29-2016, 01:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hello all

So I'm the lucky driver of a Cobra!

My requirements were quite strict about a few features - basically 427 side oiler, knockoffs, inboard rear breaks with Jag links and top loader.

I found this one and fell in love with it. Just got it yesterday!

It needs a wheel alignment and has a minor oil leak otherwise is an amazing ride!

Last edited by Luke427; 01-31-2016 at 12:02 AM.. Reason: fixing image links
Old 01-29-2016, 02:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

FFR? Pusher fans are always a nice touch!
Old 01-29-2016, 02:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1436 514
Not Ranked     

Congratulations!! Did you check into the registration process yet? Not sure how they do the out of state purchases. Good luck and have fun. Watch the BACC forum for trips and get togethers. I know there is a group heading to Alices tomorrow!!
Scott
Old 01-30-2016, 11:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks!

I forgot to mention it's a Unique Motorcars built in the late 90's they used as their show car. It's got about 12000 miles and a well tuned 427. Love the car, taking it for a ride each day and while I thought I would never be able to floor it... well I'm getting used to it already! The car handles much better than I thought, it's pure joy to drive. Love that b....y behavior - that kind of passionate relationship where you can feel she'll always ready to bite. Makes me think of my first Porsche a long time ago

Went to DMV and so far things seem OK. They don't like the "can opener bumpers" as they call them so I'm going to install some chrome bumper covers and the exhaust is insanely loud... I understand the safety concern with the bumpers so I'll probably keep the street ones on the car unless I track it.
Also exhaust is loud indeed. Makes me feel sorry for my neighborhood and won't work at certain tracks such as Mazda Raceway so I definitely want to fix that.

Looking for some Classic Chambers already!

Last edited by Luke427; 01-31-2016 at 12:05 AM..
Old 01-31-2016, 01:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That is a nice looking cobra and you will really enjoy it. As for taking it to a track, you aren't that far from Thunder Hill in Willows and a lot of the Bay Area people show up there. I haven't been for some time but it is only a 30 minute drive for me down I-5.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 01-31-2016, 03:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Thanks!

I forgot to mention it's a Unique Motorcars built in the late 90's they used as their show car. It's got about 12000 miles and a well tuned 427. Love the car, taking it for a ride each day and while I thought I would never be able to floor it... well I'm getting used to it already! The car handles much better than I thought, it's pure joy to drive. Love that b....y behavior - that kind of passionate relationship where you can feel she'll always ready to bite. Makes me think of my first Porsche a long time ago

Went to DMV and so far things seem OK. They don't like the "can opener bumpers" as they call them so I'm going to install some chrome bumper covers and the exhaust is insanely loud... I understand the safety concern with the bumpers so I'll probably keep the street ones on the car unless I track it.
Also exhaust is loud indeed. Makes me feel sorry for my neighborhood and won't work at certain tracks such as Mazda Raceway so I definitely want to fix that.

These cars are deceivingly small & often out of the sight of other drivers. You'll find the loud exhaust helps you stay noticed. Not always a bad thing . Enjoy! I considered Unique when I built mine. They make a nice car.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:

Congrats on finding a car that you like! Unless something has changed, the DMV can hate the "can opener" bumpers all they like, but they can't really dictate what bumpers you run.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 02-02-2016, 12:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: contemporary cobra
Not Ranked     

congrats nice looking car be carful they are very deceiving it will hold great but once it hits that point you cant recover Lol.