Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tommy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2017, 05:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street beasts.
Not Ranked     
Default New Cobra owner in Qatar.....its a Hemi

Pleased to meet you all.

I purchased the car from a local chap a couple of years ago (hence my earlier join date).

Didn't know too much about it to be honest rather than it was built by street beasts in Miami in 2016 and had relatively low miles.

As soon as i had the car i had a full check done on it. Engine was perfect as i had hoped but i had to have the gearbox reconditioned.

Its had a few issues as of late so its in the garage now getting a huge overhaul. Namely fixing the gauges, brakes, undertray, horn, custom interior.

Now to the interesting bit. It has a Hemi 5.7l engine in it from the Ram. What i originally thought was normal i am now understanding is a little bit different.

Anyway please to meet you all. Once i get my post count up i will post some pics and some stuff of the overhaul work.

p.s no need for the jibes about the street beasts thing . I didn't do my research. Although from my point of view it seems pretty good. Its just far far too low. Especially for the roads in the middle east

Old 03-10-2017, 08:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

Welcome again. I look forward to seeing the pics. ... BTW, claiming your replica brand is better than others is just part of the game around here. You can play the game if you like, or just ignore it. All that really matters is that you enjoy yours and learn to drive it safely. Most Cobra replicas are just one momentary bit of bad judgement away from disaster. I recommend saving any agressive driving for the track or someplace where there is nothing to hit if things go unexpectedly wrong. ... Its great that you're getting it completely checked out. That is something every new Cobra owner should do.
Millsy likes this.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Last edited by Tommy; 03-10-2017 at 08:20 AM..
Old 03-10-2017, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Most of the issues with street beast was getting all the items that they were supposed to ship to you. Kits were incomplete and getting them to make it right with you was spotty. I have heard the kits were difficult to build because things didn't fit as they should have. However that said, I have seen several and some were very well built, nice cars. It just took a little more skills to build than some others. So if your car is well built, the manufacturer of the kit does not matter. Enjoy the car. It might hurt the resale a little because people are a bit scared of the name, but if the car is well built, it will speak for itself.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the reply guys. Had the car for two years now I just decided to give it a bit of an overhaul. Interior , gauges, possibly a sound system.

Just been told by my garage that I have a damaged tyre. Now the challenge of trying to find a Cooper cobra tyre in the Middle East! Wish me luck
Old 03-11-2017, 12:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Welcome and Good luck!

How do you go driving your beast with the fact you live 6inches from the sun.
Qatar, last i was there, was near on 50deg Cel.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Dimis

With great difficulty haha. Obviously i can only drive it a few months a year due to the hot air and humidity. Although i'm working on getting some extra cooling done at the moment. Main issues is the roads as you know. Around the city and the pearl is excellent but if i venture into somewhere i dont know i'm suddenly surrounded by potholes and huge speed bumps. I'm going to work on getting it raised maybe 10-20mm

Tags
hemi, middle east, newbie, scottish