Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 11-04-2020, 04:58 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default New Guy from Ninety Six, SC

I'm not an owner just yet but I'm seriously in the market for a Cobra replica. I'm tall (6'6") so I'm eager to learn what replicas to focus on and which will be undoubtedly too small for a guy my size. Looking forward to learning A LOT here!!

Last edited by SixSixRider; 11-04-2020 at 05:19 PM..
Old 11-04-2020, 05:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midland, 302
Not Ranked     

Great, and you will super guys here.I have.
Old 11-04-2020, 10:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Do you care about originality? Original wheel base is 92". A few replicas have longer wheel base, and it is not hard to spot one. Four inches is fairly noticeable to the eye. Other replicas have dropped the floor plates down into the frame to get more room. Not sure, but I would think those are pretty hard to fit under car exhaust. Do you want side pipes? Side pipes cause a lot of burns. Does that bother you?

You need to think about why you want a Cobra and what you intend to do with it. Do you want it to go to car shows? Just want to drive it? What about significant others or children? Do you want to Autocross?

"I want a Cobra and I'm tall" really doesn't help us help you.
Old 11-05-2020, 05:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique FIA
Not Ranked     

The original wheelbase is 90", not 92".

Being 6'6" is going to be a challenge. Shoe width is another obstacle.

Maurice at Unique redesigned his footboxes and headers to fit his 6'4" son in law a couple of years ago. I'm 6'1" and sat in his car last year.

I had to tippy toe to push the pedals.
Old 11-06-2020, 04:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 351w
Not Ranked     

As another has stated, there are options however it will depend on how original you want your replica. Backdraft has a “big and tall” model although a BDR is not the closest to original. Nice cars though so it depends on your wants.
Old 02-23-2021, 05:00 PM
CC Member/Premier Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: RT3, BUILD 2010, FORD RACING 427
Not Ranked     

@sixsixrider - hey! I just purchased my first cobra replicar, and I chose a Backdraft. I’m 6’0” 220lb, and size 10 shoe. I thoroughly suggest sitting in several to be sure - but I can tell you : the Factory Five was too small for me. The Superformance cars at Downforce Motorsports in Lugoff, SC gave several different fits. Most seemed like they would be too small for someone OVER 6’ - but up to 6’ I felt I would be OK. I’d strongly suggest finding a Backdraft RT4 (mine is an RT3 - built in 2010, #962) that is a “Big and Tall” to test fit yourself. I don’t know of any local to SC - but Frank and Reg at Backderaft in Bolton Beach, Fl should be able to set up a fitting for you. Hope that you find a car to fit you..... I’ve only driven mine once, just got it two weeks ago, and rained everyday it’s felt like, and I AM BITTEN ! ErikinSC