Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By KarlzEE Bebout
  • 4 Post By novasscnc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2023, 09:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Intro post and question re: contacting Lynn Park

Hello all,

Thought I'd take a few moments and introduce myself.

I'm a longtime Shelby/Cobra enthusiast and recently joined the online club as a way of making connections and building my knowledge as I plan towards building a replica; there's a ton to read and learn! I'm up in Canada, which creates it's own challenges, but every journey begins with a single step, so I'll take it slow.

As an aside, I plan to be in LA this May, and would like contact Lynn Park regarding research I'm doing that is Cobra-related, but not associated with my build. To date, I've been unsuccessful in identifying an accurate contact for Mr. Park, and thought a member of this community might be able to assist in mentoring a connection. Any advice would be much appreciated - please PM.

...and so, the journey begins.

All the best!
Old 03-11-2023, 11:33 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

I would feel extremely uncomfortable giving out such information to a complete stranger.

Instead, feel free to send me yours in a PM along with a general reason why he should contact you and I’ll see that he gets it. That way, it’s up to him to decide to respond or not.

Bill S

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 03-11-2023, 12:02 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Welcome libref to our site, and good luck with your Cobra project In regard to any contact with Lynn (Mr.Park) there may be little chance, to have access to his Email and/or phone. I say this not because he is some sort of famous person, which he is in our world (In realty he's one of nicest people you would ever meet) The time he would have to spend dealing with phone calls, text, and Email, he would have no time left to have a life, or drive his Cobras The first few years was just asking a question, and when he had time, he would get back to me (Email) and this is after going through a screening (At least I found out later ) with mutual Cobra friends (In respect to who I am) I still don't bother him, unless I have a reason to call, and then I can tell if we have time to just shoot the Brezee. I'm honored that he thinks of me as a friend, and I respect his privacy. The best I can do, is shoot me a PM, and we can talk, I could then relay a message to him. Cheers Tom.
Old 03-11-2023, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Libref, be warned. You'll be losing at least an hour out of your life if your talk to TommyRot on the phone, (Alpha02)
Voice of experience here.
Tommy and Alfa02 like this.
Old 03-12-2023, 09:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi Bill and Tom,

Thank you for the welcome, and for your generous offers to pass along a message to Mr. Park on my behalf.

Bill, as requested, I'll put a brief summary together, and reach out to you via PM early this week. Tom, I'd welcome an opportunity to chat about your experience in the Cobra community, as well as any advice you'd have as I plan my build - I'll send a PM.

Much appreciated!
Old 03-12-2023, 10:29 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

You're more than Welcome libref, anytime you want to reach out. You have come to the right place, LOTS of good people with great knowledge, and more than willing to help. Cheers Tom. P.S. As KarlzEE said, I'll try to let you get a word in edge wise
Old 03-12-2023, 11:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Buy don't build
Dominik, Blue66, eschaider and 1 others like this.
Old 06-12-2023, 04:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur
Not Ranked     
Default New Cobra owner, requesting direction/advice where to get Excalibur info please

New to Club Cobra !

Just acquired Excalibur Cobra, Vin 1X......3170.

Thanks in advance for reading and considering my request.

1. I am asking an Excalibur owner to please take a picture of the passenger side ECU mounting location. Mine was worked on prior to arrival, and it is no longer mounted correctly. Could someone please send me a picture, about 1 foot back, of the bracket and ECU mounted correctly?

2. Does anyone have a full wiring diagram/schematic of 1997 they could email ? I would imagine it is the same as 1995-1997.

3. Looking for a full specification/build sheet for my car, or similar build/year. I am looking for actual part numbers that came with car. Ex: shocks, rotors, pads, lights, steering components, starter/alternator, intake, etc.

All your help is greatly appreciated.

I attempted to upload pics of my ECU and VIN, failed multiple times (both jpegs are less than 95kb, less than 800x800 each).

Nick

Last edited by Necercone; 06-12-2023 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: missing pics
Old 06-12-2023, 07:21 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necercone View Post
New to Club Cobra !

Just acquired Excalibur Cobra, Vin 1X......3170.

Thanks in advance for reading and considering my request.

1. I am asking an Excalibur owner to please take a picture of the passenger side ECU mounting location. Mine was worked on prior to arrival, and it is no longer mounted correctly. Could someone please send me a picture, about 1 foot back, of the bracket and ECU mounted correctly?

2. Does anyone have a full wiring diagram/schematic of 1997 they could email ? I would imagine it is the same as 1995-1997.

3. Looking for a full specification/build sheet for my car, or similar build/year. I am looking for actual part numbers that came with car. Ex: shocks, rotors, pads, lights, steering components, starter/alternator, intake, etc.

All your help is greatly appreciated.

I attempted to upload pics of my ECU and VIN, failed multiple times (both jpegs are less than 95kb, less than 800x800 each).

Nick
Might want to start your own thread in the appropriate sub forum. That or perhaps ask (nicely) for a moderator to break your post out in to it's own thread in the appropriate subforum .

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 06-14-2023, 11:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks for response

Thank you Bill.

I am new to forum's and ClubCobra in general, and appreciate your response.

I will research how to do that.

Nick
Old 06-14-2023, 07:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

I note most of the Excalibur posts / threads are in the Classic Roadsters II sub-forum.

Classic Roadsters II - Club Cobra