Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 01:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built Bowtie, C4 suspension, Fiberjet body, 427 Rat
Not Ranked     
Smile New Member NorCal

Why did it take soooo long. . . Wife and kids I guess. It's been a life long goal and I'm finally, almost done. Can't wait til spring and I can start driving for real. This has been a 3 year project. This is a completely custom built cobra. Box tube chassis, C4 Corvette suspension, chevy 427 all roller, Brodix heads, Richmond 5 speed, Fiberjet body and lots of custom fabricated parts. CA SPCN legal. Check out the gallery, got some photos. 1Cobrat Gallery - Club Cobra Photo Gallery

Last edited by 1Cobrat; 01-21-2008 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: Add link
Old 01-21-2008, 01:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Welcome to the club and you will have a great time with the Cobra. Sounds as if you have done a great job. Of course be ready for the normal, What a Chevy in a Cobra comments. Enjoy the site and ask all the questions that you want.

I worked in Roseville and Yuba City back when I was working for the Telephone Companies putting in the switching computers. Nice area then but I am sure it has changed by now. I live 10 miles North of Redding and 7 miles from Shasta Dam. If you ever get up this way on a drive, give me a shout and we can meet and have lunch together.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery

Last edited by Ron61; 01-21-2008 at 01:30 AM..
Old 01-21-2008, 05:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks, I will. . . Yeh, already gettin em. "What a chevy!" And I say "yeh the way it should have been. . ." Probably the only way I'd get more interesting comments would be if I'd put a 426 hemi in it. lol. Wait til i sport my custom 427 bowtie/cobra side emblems. That's going to get some comments, for sure! I can't wait to meet all the Cobra owners in the area. Looking forward to many a drive. . . Roseville hs changed a lot in the 7 years we've been here.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4795 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Exclamation A Chevy????................Get a Rope!

Just kidding!

You could be right on time. Duane & I were just talking at the last breakfast meeting that they needed to find a good one for use at WSCB.

Best use of a Chevy engine I've seen yet!

High-Octane Barbie: BBQ Grill Made of a V8 Engine Block

Welcome to the club, I hope you have a thick skin!

jdog
Old 01-21-2008, 07:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2046; P.E. Aluminum 427 Windsor.
Not Ranked     

Hello 1Cobrat,
Welcome to NorCal Cobras. You're not alone; there is already more than one highly respected Bowtie Snake in the group.
Your build looks sweet. Looking forward to seeing it at the next gathering.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yeh, I got thick skin. I'm a consultant and former IT director. I'm used to people not liking my ideas. But I know it is all in good fun here. If we all had the same thing how boring would that be! I have a lot of respect for my Ford brethern but I've been a Chevy guy my whole life. I look forward to many a chevy/ford debate. Besides how many truely original Cobras are there in the world anyway. jdog, by the way what is WSCB? I hope this isn't a stupid question. So I claim newbie status on this one.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4795 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Arrow Look to your left,..............

Scroll up & down, do you see the icon with the white snake and the blue letters, WSCB? Click on it!

jdog

Last edited by jdog; 01-21-2008 at 08:25 PM..
Old 01-21-2008, 08:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

WOW! Cobra Paradise. Seems like it needs to be bigger as registration is closed already. Oh well, maybe next year.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique #9159 428 FE 614HP by FE Specialties
Not Ranked     

1Cobrat

Good to have you in the group. Look forward to seeing your car.

I've got a hemi...but it's in a Chrysler...AND I have a Chevy..but it's in a Tahoe. My Cobra has an FE motor. Everything has its place.

Tom
Old 01-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

Hey Tom hows the weather up there? My new superformance is almost on the road. Faster and better and with no dents.
I like a good chevy motor. Your car looks real nice.

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........
Old 01-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique #9159 428 FE 614HP by FE Specialties
Not Ranked     

Ed,

It's COOOOLD!!! There's lots of SNOOOW on the ground. And the car is bundled up under the covers in the garage!!! Look forward to seeing your car up close in May. I will probably be getting down to Tom's to get the suspension dialed in sometime in March or April.

Tom
Old 01-23-2008, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Your cobra looks very nice, I am running a rar moter as well, and the same comp, wheel set up, how do you like the wheels, I am running 335, and 275 by 17.I am getting the pin drive set up.I polished every thing on mine, or chromed.car will be done very soon.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I like the wheels. Wish I had some more offset but with the stock corvette C4 suspension the hubs are out farther than a normal cobra. Right now I have 11" and 9" rims with 275 and 235's. When I go to replace the tires will probably go up to 315 and 255 to get a bit more rubber over the rim. If you got some build pics send some or post them. I'd love to see them.. From the sounds of it your car is going to be verrrrry clean. Have you completed your SB100 registration?

Jeff
Old 01-24-2008, 08:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

My wheels are 11 in the rear and 8 up front, I even had my water neck, the same as yours polished, cost me 60 bucks.My fire wall on my car, is painted like the out side, there is nothing on it, except the heater hose, and thats it, all my a arms are chrome, even down to the drive line.I had my seats custom built, I call them a mid back seat, I found the original style not to comfy, im 6ft 1 210.While I did that I put in heated seats.every bolt on my engine is the stainless steel 12 point type.and my timing belt even sticks out, instead of the traditional timing chain.Just about all my wiring is run thrue the frame or along it in a very clean out of sight way, its a painless kit.My tranny is a tko 600, with a hyd, also for my engine componets, I ran a bilet march pulley set up, with a chrome alt, and water pump, and billet pulleys, I even ran my water temp, sending unit, from under neath, instead of up on the manifold. Let me know if you wanna chat some time, I am in san jose.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1436 514
Not Ranked     

Wait for spring, drive it as long as its not raining. We went to breakfast last Saturday. It was in the upper 30's. We have also done a couple of runs during the winter when we get good weather. DRIVE IT
Scott