Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 09:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: N/A so far...
Not Ranked     
Default Just another newbie...

Hi guys,

Great forum you have! I know a couple of guys on here, never joined, have had a passion for Cobras for many years, don't have one, hope to have one day, blah, blah, blah...

Like many guys, it all started with a goofy movie called Gumball Rally. I saw it when I was a kid in the 70's, video taped it off ABC. Always liked that little blue car but never knew what it was until later on. Then I really liked that movie as that was a truly significant car in automotive history.

Joined up as Ron directed me here from SAAC regarding the model car forum. Scale Cobras I do have.

I've been meaning to check out this forum at greater length for a while but haven't as I spend time on a Dodge Challenger forum as I have a '72 Challenger. I wanted to go to a Factory Five Racing open house with a sign on my back saying "Will trade '72 Dodge Challenger for your Cobra + $" but my son got the best of me so the Challenger stays for now. Will have to put off owning one of these cars for a bit.

Nice to be here! Take care,

Phil
Old 01-25-2009, 09:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold Backdraft #488 Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

Welcome Phil, were in MA are you from? I live in Kingston MA if you ever want to look at my Backdraft 427 Cobra.
Peter
Old 01-25-2009, 10:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2788, Roush 427
Not Ranked     

Welcome Phil. I would simply characterize my Cobra as the most fun I've ever had sitting on 4 wheels. I'm sure your Challenger is nice, but I know a Cobra is better. Raw, raw, raw!!!!!
Old 01-25-2009, 11:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Come to the Cobra car show in Ohio this June. A great charity fund raiser. They give burnout rides down main street for an 1/8 mile, for a $10 donation (past years). That will change your sons mind.

Mrmustang (hope I spelled that right) has a FFR car completed and ready to paint that he has listed for sale at a good price. Check out the for sale section on this forrum. You may be an owner sooner than you think.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     

Welcome!

Glad to have you on board!

E
Old 01-25-2009, 05:22 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Uh Oh, there goes the neighborhood .........Welcome to the madness........

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 01-25-2009, 06:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi guys!

Thanks for the welcome!

Time, space, and the inevitable $ prevents me to enjoy the sheer pleasure of owning one of these fine vehicles but the lust still burns. It'll make it even more of a pleasure when I do get one one day.

My son is 8 now. I plan to give him the Challenger when he gets his license so delayed gratification may have it's time in about 9 years.

We'll see....

Take care,

Phil
Old 01-26-2009, 05:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbo427 View Post
My son is 8 now. I plan to give him the Challenger when he gets his license so delayed gratification may have it's time in about 9 years.Phil

Unless the Challenger has a 4 or 6 cylinder you might want to go with something smaller.

One of these will make sure he comes home every night

E
Old 01-26-2009, 05:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Welcome Phil. And Great Asp is right, one of those will make sure he gets home every night. Hope that you get to start your build sooner than you expect. You will have the time of your life.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 01-26-2009, 05:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Legendary Autos, 427 SC
Not Ranked     

Phil,
I too had a classic (70 Mach 1, 428CJ) that I worked frame up for 5 1/2 years. Was absolutely gorgous. But I was never true to her. I would get weak kneed and salvate anytime a Cobra would be around. A Cobra came up for sale near my home and I sold the Mustang. Have never looked back. ABSOLUTELY having a ball. best car (fastest) I have ever driven. Don't look back at all your work. Sell the car and get on with life! You know you want it! Do it!
Dane
Old 01-26-2009, 02:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dane, you make me want to throw all reason out the window and git one now!!!!

Then reality strikes. I'm a patient guy.

Thanks for the concern for my son! It's only a stock 340 so he can have fun but hopefully not too much fun.

Thanks guys!

Phil