10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2003, 10:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of BDR 127......
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Starting a So Cal Club forum...

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like there are many So Cal CC members, but I do not see a club forum dedicated to we So Cal folks. In addition to COCOAOC and the LA Club, I would love to have an online forum in which to meet other So Cal owners, set-up gatherings, swap stories, etc. If there is not an entry or forum I am overlooking, how about starting one up.....???

As am getting closer to taking delivery of my Cobra, I would like to find out how to become moreengaged locally.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Snak Iyz

Last edited by Snak Iyz; 10-29-2003 at 10:20 AM..
Old 10-29-2003, 10:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #676, 428SCJ (2x4), TKOII
Not Ranked     

I think that is a great idea

"There are 10 types of people out there....the ones that understand binary and the zeros that don't."
Old 10-29-2003, 10:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1968 AC COBRA COB 6132, 427 SC Side Oiler the last original AC chassis built for Paramount
Not Ranked     

Snake,

Great Idea. Do it.
I sent a check to the LA Club back in May. They cashed my check but never heard from them since. I think they meet somewhere once a month.

Which Cobra are you waiting for?

Shin

Enjoy the six pleasures of life: Good Health, Good Food, Good Friends, Good Sleep, Good Sex, and Driving your Cobra
Old 10-29-2003, 11:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Speedamon

I went for the BDR (Backdraft) car. As of now it looks like a Jan/Feb delivery timeframe. I thought it was agonizing to choose the car... the wait is gonna kill me.

Thanks to you and JOEA for responding. Let's have this thread season for a couple of days, with the hopes that we can get another 10-20 folks on board, in order to make this worthwhile. Regardless, I would like to stay in touch with you two going forward.

I am in Laguna Niguel.

Thx,
SI
Old 10-29-2003, 03:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm in.

The ride thing is appealing. Yes, SoCal is a big place but some of the rides could be laid out to serve most everyone. For instance, there is a ride I like to take sometimes that starts in San Diego, heads 15 N to Lake Elsinore, then West on Ortega Hwy.(74), then through Dana Point and finally south on the 5 back to San Diego.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bill,

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like a fun ride.

We seem to be getting some interest from the same post I put on the All Cobra forum as well. Check it out. I look forward to staying touch.

SI
Old 10-29-2003, 04:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #676, 428SCJ (2x4), TKOII
Not Ranked     

So how do we get our own forum? Moderator?

"There are 10 types of people out there....the ones that understand binary and the zeros that don't."
Old 08-20-2004, 03:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Back Draft # 64 427w 402RWHP Hand Built with ATTITUDE
Not Ranked     

Let,s get it going. Just bought BDR #64 last week With SB100 in place. Time to have FUN.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Tryce...

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the So Cal BDR family!! #64....was that Chris' car (I think Maroon/Travertine stripes, 17' wheels)?

I was trying to organize a cruise over last weekend, but was surprised by a last minute family visit from out of town and was not able to stick with it.... I do know a few of the LA guys went up to the Tri-County Cobra Club in Ventura for their monthly meet.

Would definitely like to get something (re)scheduled soon. I 'll throw another post up shortly and we'll see who bites.

- Snak Iyz
Old 08-20-2004, 05:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Alum bodied CSX4266, fuel injected alloy 472, 663 hp Engine built by Dralle. Suspension by Tom Barnard
Not Ranked     

Snak Iyz,

A group of guys from So Cal are headed to Tahoe for the annual Snakes To The Lake cruise put on by a bay area club Oct. 1,2,3. The group is staying at the Station House Inn in South Lake Tahoe. There should be over 50 Cobras at this event. How does that sound? Caravan?
Old 08-20-2004, 06:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A SoCal Forum is a great idea! There are getting to be a lot of us now. Many of us are SoCal SAAC (Shelby Club) members, and a bunch of us are on an mail list to set up rides, etc, but a Forum would be great!

BTW, for info on Snakes to the Lake:

If you are not familiar with Snakes to the Lake, it is an incredible event organized by our NorCal brethren: a run to Lake Tahoe, blasting through those great Sierra mountain two-lane highways!
For more info, see this website: http://www.geocities.com/snakes2004@....net/home.html

For info on the SoCal caravan, see this thread:
http://www.ffcobra.com/cgi-bin/ultim...&f=18&t=000153

Forrest
Old 08-20-2004, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Slither - Thanks for mentioning this. I had heard and scene pictures from last year. It sounds like a great time with great scenery there and back.

I will need to check with the 'boss' for a hall pass, but will shoot you a note to confirm. It would be good to see how many others from SD, OC, LA and Ventura could attend as well.

Forrest - Thanks for the links and information. I keep hearing about the 'infamous San Diego email' list that goes around coordinating rides. Any chance you can add me to list or tell me how to get added?

Thanks again for the info....

- Snak Iyz
Old 08-20-2004, 09:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 289 fia kmp#325
Not Ranked     

That would sure be nice.

There are a few other Cobra owners here in the South Bay that just might be interested in this.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Snak Iyz,
If you do, I'll definitely try to come down and join you guys sometime for a meet. I'm in NorCal, but trying to visit my sister more in the future in Cardiff/SD area. If you have a great place to eat breakfast, with reasonable parking, this seems to be a great way to start getting people to meet up, etc... Good Luck.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Alum bodied CSX4266, fuel injected alloy 472, 663 hp Engine built by Dralle. Suspension by Tom Barnard
Not Ranked     

Any predictions as to home many Cobras will make the trip?
Old 08-21-2004, 09:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy No Snakes at the Lakes for me....

Being the ever sensitive and acutely in tune husband, I failed to realize that my wife would be 8 months pregnant with two other rugrats running around....three days for a Cobra outing is not going to fly for me this year.....but I did close the deal for next year.

Soooooooooooooooooo.....how about setting up a local cruise in the next few weekends?????

Forrest - Anything coming up for the SD group that some oof us may be able to tagalong on....?

If not, guys, any suggestions on times and a route??

Duane - let us know what works for you too.....

- Snak Iyz
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Paul
Old 08-21-2004, 10:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

I'm with Malone... Rides are doable in Southern California, but take planning. Parking can present the biggest problem.

As for Snakes to the Lake... Our bags are packed and ready to go! Now, if I can just get the Cobra down off the jack stands...
Old 08-21-2004, 09:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing, 351W
Not Ranked     

Last years "Snakes at the Lake" was really a wonderful event, the NorCal SAAC folks do a great job, and the scenery can't be beat.

FYI, weather.com listed September:
average high 70, average low 40, mean 55 and precip .90
October:
average high 60, average low 32, mean 46, and precip 1.95

We're from San Diego but will be coming from Oregon so we'll join up with the group leaving Redding on Friday the 1st.

John and Leeann
Black/Bronzemist BDR
Old 11-22-2004, 03:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1978 MGB that I hope to turn into a Hawk 289
Not Ranked     

If you need ideas on rides, check in with the San Diego British Car Council. They put on a spring "tour" called Rolling British Car Day in April. As an old MGer, I've gojen several times and they find some spectacular roads in their area.

Dick Winn
Wannabe Cobra Owner
Old 02-09-2005, 08:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics, 351C/T-5 trans. Guardsman Blue
Not Ranked     

I'd most definately be interested in joining other cobra owners in a SoCa Forum or organized get together/drive. I live in San Diego and recently bought an older model Classic Roadsters cobra replica with a 302/5 speed. Thanks!!! Jim