17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 01-30-2004, 05:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: unique 427 302/300hp t/5
Not Ranked     
Default Please Read

HOW WOULD YOU GUY'S RATE THE FIT AND FINISH ON THE UNIQUE 427 COMPARED TO OTHER MANUFACTORS. YOUR ANSWER IS APPRECIATED .

Last edited by COBRAGAR; 01-30-2004 at 07:16 PM..
Old 01-30-2004, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     

OK I READ IT.

DID YOU WANT AN ANSWER TOO?
Old 01-30-2004, 05:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I WOULD LIKE YOUR OPINION MR PATBUCKLEY .THANKS COBRAGAR
Old 01-30-2004, 05:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     

Just kidding....

The fit and finish on a Unique is as good as the ability and talent of the person assembling it. I know that isn't exactly what you are looking for but it is the way it is.

Why do you ask?
Old 01-30-2004, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique, 427SO, it runs
Not Ranked     

Cobragar,

Pat's answer is absolutely on-target. I own a '98 Unique that was "factory-built" at their location (minus engine) which came from Southern Automotive. Any knowledgeable person who has checked over the car can attest that it is a high-quality product.

Having said all of that, there are at least a half-dozen or more other very high-quality replicas out there. Some of them are more dependent upon the builder than others. However, a Unique can be in that category, if properly assembled with high quality components.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

maybe my question should have been the quality of the unique 427 body before painting .in other words is this a body that needs lots of work.like some other manufactors

Last edited by COBRAGAR; 01-30-2004 at 06:37 PM..
Old 01-30-2004, 08:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique, 427SO, it runs
Not Ranked     

Can't answer that question personally, as mine was completed when I bought it. The quality of the body and paint is superb after 6000K mi. with no cracking, flaws, or any signs of stress or wear. I don't know how much prep was required. Why don't you just talk to the Weavers, and discuss it with one of their recommended body shops? Unique owners are pretty close and very open, and virtually all I've talked to are ecstatic about their fit, finish, and paint work.

Better yet, why don't you pose your question on the Unique forum:

www.uniquecobra.com

There are a number of people active there, who have recently finished, or almost finished new Uniques, and I'm sure they can better answer your questions. Everything I've read there would indicate that they are very happy with their cars.
Old 02-15-2004, 11:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: former Unique289
Not Ranked     

Maybe this will help. Keeping in mind that I own a Unique FIA (bought a pallet kit, unfinished). All fiberglass replicas will require some work on seams, door fit etc, but fit and finish at that stage was very good on the Unique. (I have some pictures in my gallery) When researching Cobras, I made a effort to see as many as possible and made my decision by looking at unfinished replicas so that I could take the owner/builder's skill and $$$$ invested out of the equation. Then I bought a Unique.

I also have recently talked to my painter who has worked on several Cobra brands and he says that the Unique was one of the best he's worked on.

Just a few opinions.

...and I agree with Clay, call the Weavers and talk to other owners.
Old 02-15-2004, 12:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I saw the unfinished Unique pallet car at Carlisle last yr compared to others. A big factor is age and quality of mold. The Unique is very good. You could actually drive it as-is for a while if budget dictated. One factor to consider amongst many.

Enjoyment may be 9/10's anticipation, but that last 10% is oh so sweet....
Old 02-15-2004, 12:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40
Not Ranked     

I think I am quailified to post a comment on this topic since I spent quite a bit of time looking at the Unique cars as well as FFR,Hunter,ERA and shell valley, in the raw before finishing. I found the finish to be first rate on the Unique body and should require little in paint prep,glass was straight with few pin holes and panels fit well.It would be hard to beat one of their cars. It should be noted that the other cars bodies, with the exception of FFR(much lower price point) were very good also. chuck
Old 02-15-2004, 04:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: former Unique289
Not Ranked     

Here's my Unique before painting:

Old 02-15-2004, 05:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Unique FIA - SA 396 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Cobragar you ask how good is the body - well it is good enough that I was able to do my own body work and paint - and I'd never done it before. I have a ton of pictures that I will be happy to email or check out the few in my gallery.

Randy