10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-28-2006, 06:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, FRP460 Big Block
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Long Island, NY Cobras, where are you????

I know there's a bunch of Cobra owners that meet up informally on Saturday mornings at Classic Concepts in East Islip (Nick's shop), and I see a lot of Cobras at HRE Motors in Freeport, then also, talk of "Cobra Clubs" being at show 'N Shine meets at Bald Hill or Oyster Bay - but I never hear of an actual club or group-organized event. Why not organize and have more fun, maybe caravan to other cobra events or just a venue to share, give or take information/knowledge about our cars? Can we start by sounding off here? If we get 5 or so guys, we can have a bagel run or breakfast this weekend April Fools eggs and bacon, and just chat and see what we can do as a group...

I'm in Glen Head (Nassau) and have a buddy in Sea Cliff with another Cobra.

SPF#1052 11mpg
CAV GT40 MONO29 9mpg
'94 35th Anniversary Rover Mini Cooper 32mpg
'01 MB CL600 V12 18mpg
'08 Volvo S80 18mpg
Old 03-29-2006, 12:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1358 Silver/Black stripes 466 2X4
Not Ranked     

Ray

To answer your question, yes alot of guy's go to Nicks since he's been assembling SPF's for several years now and also quite a few go to Billy's at HRE in freeport to gaze at the aluminum CSX's and GT40's.

Two years ago I got involved with with Jim M. organizing Cobra runs for the guy's that hang out on saturday's and posting the details here on Club Cobra as well as direct e-mails.

From the runs I've posted we've had turnouts of over 25 Cobra's on runs to Limerock, Columbus Circle, Port Jeff, West Hampton Drag Strip and Greenport.

Granted last year I could not organize and participate in as many runs as the previous year due to job responsibilites. This year is still up in the air.

Ray do a search on Long Island or Long Island Cobras and you will see pictures from most of our runs from the last two years or just look at my picture gallery.

Tony
Old 03-29-2006, 04:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Tony,

I guess I'll go to Nicks on Saturday and introduce myself so I get on the list. I'll be quiet before making any suggestions : ) Perhaps as we get into the season a little deeper, activity will pick up.
You and I still have to hook up. Actually, I'm driving out to Southampton tomorrow as they forcast in the 60s. Someone wants to look at one of my Minis and they're out there. I think lunch at Barrister's on Main is in order. I miss their burgers. Anyone care to join me?

SPF#1052 11mpg
CAV GT40 MONO29 9mpg
'01 MB CL600 V12 18mpg
'08 Volvo S80 18mpg
Old 03-29-2006, 04:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427SC #621 silver/black stripes /427 center oiler
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Aprile
Ray

Granted last year I could not organize and participate in as many runs as the previous year due to job responsibilites. This year is still up in the air.

Tony

Tony,

I guess we will have alot of runs this year!
Old 03-29-2006, 04:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ray... If you have suggestions or possible trip destinations run them by the guy's at Nicks, every bit helps. I already have you on the Long Island Cobra e-mail list.

I think a spring run out east to Greenport for lunch would be a nice season opener, and I saw there is an event at Limerock Park "Hemmings Motor News to Host Sports and Exotic Car Show on May 28".

http://asp1.walkontheweb.com/limeroc...e.asp?id=11109

Now that its in the 50's we should see alot of activity down by Captree on Sunday mornings. Hope you can make it

I've went out monday and today I was out all day, I would have enjoyed a trip out east but we have sprinkler maintenance tomorrow. Let me know the next time your going east !!

Tony
Old 03-29-2006, 04:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pat... Thats the way it looks, can you use part time help at the lumber yard !!!

Ray
I should mention that " Long Island Cobras " are a large group of local owners that participate in events posted here on Club Cobra.
As Jim Marotta put it "we are informal but a highly organized group".

Tony
Old 03-30-2006, 09:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA fia, 400 c.i. W
Not Ranked     
Default Dragstrip

Hi, Tony, Pat and Ray...Jim M. is currently putting together a trip to the track.
It will be mid-week May 18 with a stop over at Jim's Catskill house for food and drinks and a return on Friday morning. The track is just S E of Albany about a 3.5 hour drive. There will be space for 10 cars ...teck. will not be a problem.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1421
Not Ranked     

Would love to come down, but I think it suppose to be overcast or raining Sat.

Joe S.-Lake Grove
Old 03-30-2006, 10:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default The long way to Southampton

Tony, I'll suggest it next time. a run to Southampton via Greenport, ferry to Shelter Island, lunch at the Ram's Head Inn, ferry to Sag Harbor for coffee, then a run through Noyack and the old Bridgehampton track, then jump in the pool at my house. I guess after Memorial day.

SPF#1052 11mpg
CAV GT40 MONO29 9mpg
'01 MB CL600 V12 18mpg
'08 Volvo S80 18mpg